LS 9/3 -- Warm-Up Game

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Re: LS 9/3 ANSWERS & SCORES

#26 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:09 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:5. The one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

"Earth Angel", the Penguins, the Crew-Cuts, New Edition, or Aaron Neville

If you got as far as knowing that Michael J. Fox sang this song in Back to the Future, I went ahead and gave you the artist point.
Ummm...not to challenge the Meister but Michael J. Fox (or Marty McFly) did NOT sing this song. He played the guitar (since the guitar player hurt his hand getting Marty out of the trunk of his car). Marvin Berry sang it. Marty/Michael sang "Johnny B. Goode".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Pastor Fireball

#27 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:06 am

earendel wrote:
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

If you got as far as knowing that Michael J. Fox sang this song in Back to the Future, I went ahead and gave you the artist point.
Ummm...not to challenge the Meister but Michael J. Fox (or Marty McFly) did NOT sing this song. He played the guitar (since the guitar player hurt his hand getting Marty out of the trunk of his car). Marvin Berry sang it. Marty/Michael sang "Johnny B. Goode".
I was in a good mood. The points stand.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#28 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 am

earendel wrote:
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Good grief, Ear, cut Nelly a break. Nobody except TNSGP, who's an MM and probably shouldn't be getting any points anyway, said anything about Michael J. Fox singing the song until Nelly mentioned it in the answers. This is nitpicking at a whole new level.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

TheNotSoGreatPretender
Merry Man

#29 Post by TheNotSoGreatPretender » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
earendel wrote:
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Good grief, Ear, cut Nelly a break. Nobody except TNSGP, who's an MM and probably shouldn't be getting any points anyway, said anything about Michael J. Fox singing the song until Nelly mentioned it in the answers. This is nitpicking at a whole new level.

If I can't get any points, can I at least have some scritches, Sprotsie Baby? I'll have Copy Cat make you a nice new Matias avatar....
Hey guys...... wait up!!!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#30 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 am

TheNotSoGreatPretender wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
earendel wrote: Ummm...not to challenge the Meister but Michael J. Fox (or Marty McFly) did NOT sing this song. He played the guitar (since the guitar player hurt his hand getting Marty out of the trunk of his car). Marvin Berry sang it. Marty/Michael sang "Johnny B. Goode".

If I can't get any points, can I at least have some scritches, Sprotsie Baby? I'll have Copy Cat make you a nice new Matias avatar....
Good grief! Now we've got great pretending weirdos looking for scritches!! WHERE WILL IT END???? THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame ES.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#31 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Good grief, Ear, cut Nelly a break. Nobody except TNSGP, who's an MM and probably shouldn't be getting any points anyway, said anything about Michael J. Fox singing the song until Nelly mentioned it in the answers. This is nitpicking at a whole new level.
Perhaps, but the facts are the facts. And *I* mentioned that BTTF connection in my answer, correctly identifying the singer but mentioning Michael/Marty.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#32 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 am

earendel wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Good grief, Ear, cut Nelly a break. Nobody except TNSGP, who's an MM and probably shouldn't be getting any points anyway, said anything about Michael J. Fox singing the song until Nelly mentioned it in the answers. This is nitpicking at a whole new level.
Perhaps, but the facts are the facts. And *I* mentioned that BTTF connection in my answer, correctly identifying the singer but mentioning Michael/Marty.
Ah HA! A thinly veiled attempt to get more points for the Starlighters!

Nice try.

Good call, Nelly.

earendel

#33 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
earendel wrote:

Nice try.

Good call, Nelly.
The Meister giveth and the Meister taketh away. I wasn't worried about the scoring (I didn't even know that anyone had actually said MJF until Nelly mentioned it). But I'm a big fan of the BTTF movies and I couldn't let the statement go unchallenged.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#34 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 am

earendel wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
earendel wrote: Perhaps, but the facts are the facts. And *I* mentioned that BTTF connection in my answer, correctly identifying the singer but mentioning Michael/Marty.

Nice try.

Good call, Nelly.
The Meister giveth and the Meister taketh away. I wasn't worried about the scoring (I didn't even know that anyone had actually said MJF until Nelly mentioned it). But I'm a big fan of the BTTF movies and I couldn't let the statement go unchallenged.

Why don't you make like a tree, and leave.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

earendel

#35 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Why don't you make like a tree, and leave.....

lb13
At least you got it right - Biff didn't until he got old and went back to correct his younger self.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#36 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:07 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Bonuses/Penalties (revised on 12/11/10)

Finally, I'm not one to air out another person's dirty laundry, but what the heck? I haven't posted to or even read this Bored since my heart attack several weeks ago... and after today, I'm never posting to or reading the Bored again, so I'm gonna call a spade a spade without any concerns over retribution.

I was able to tolerate all of the roasting and even the disrespect that was aimed at me in the past, but what people like SportsFan68, Fanny, littlebeast13, and Estonut (a quartet who will henceforth be known collectively as "Fox News" and individually as "Fox Sports", "Fanny Foxe", "Little Foxes", and "Foxnuts") have engaged in over the past few months--particularly during the couple of weeks when I was in Louisville and Cincinnati--is way past disrespect. It is outright slander, blasphemy, and persecution.

After my family and I got home from Cincinnati on September 18, I read through nine days' worth of threads and Lyrically Speaking answers that I was unable to read while busy with more important business. What I read was nine days' worth of dishonest, obscene, and heartless comments directed at me. As I read each slur and repeated each slur to April, my blood pressure and stress level rose. After about a half-hour of slander, I stopped breathing... and everything after that is a blur.

When I regained consciousness, I was in a hospital room. A doctor told me that I suffered a heart attack. Even more horrifying, he told me that when the paramedics arrived at my house, I had to be resuscitated because I had died. Thank God that I am married to a strong woman of God... and thank God that I live less than two miles from a hospital. Otherwise, I most likely would have died permanently.

I really did not want to return to the Bored because my blood pressure and stress level go up any time I even think about the Bored, but I didn't want to leave this game unresolved. I can't afford to have another heart attack in the condition that I am in, or any condition for that matter. My family and my church are way more important than some meadow muffin message board. It's just not worth risking my life. It is for that reason that I have been an ex-member of the WWTBAM Bored since I left the hospital.

Fox News must be proud of themselves for successfully getting me off of the Bored. They must also be proud of themselves for almost successfully killing me and making my wife raise three kids (plus one on the way) all by herself. May God have mercy on their souls.

If I could assess bigger penalties in this game, I would... by my own rules prevent it. Nonetheless, anybody who is as ignorant, stubborn, arrogant, selfish, disrespectful, dishonest, obscene, shameless, heartless, in denial, blasphemous, and religiously intolerant as Fox News are deserve the maximum penalty allowable. Therefore, any points, bonuses, and penalties that Fox News received either as themselves or as Merry Men during the September
2010 LS have been discarded. They have been replaced by the maximum allowed penalty (5 Justin Effin' Bieber Points) per person per game day. Since I was able to host only 11 of the intended 21 games that month, that comes to a maximum low monthly score of -55.

The level of disrespect that Fanny Foxe, Little Foxes, and Foxnuts have displayed has not been just toward me, but also toward my longtime friend Jordan (heelsrule1988). So as an additional penalty for these three, I am giving Heels 5 non-competitive unofficial points for every 5-point penalty that I assess on Fanny Foxe, Little Foxes, and Foxnuts. I consider this a token of my appreciation to Heels for somehow maintaining his sanity (and his health) amidst all of the unjust and unnecessary disrespect from Fanny Foxe, Little Foxes, and Foxnuts that he has had to put up with over the past couple of years. Fox Sports has never been as hostile toward Heels as the other three have, so Heels will not be given any points at Fox Sports' expense. This is certainly a dramatic change from my original rules, but then again, everything changed when the deliberately destructive actions and behaviors of Fox News caused permanent physical damage.

Oh, before I go, I should also mention the other members of this forum who have displayed unjust and unwarranted disrespect toward me over the years. While their actions has not been as deliberately destructive as those of Fox News, I cannot leave their actions unaddressed. These people are Appa, BackInTex, Chad, Confessor, peacock, silvercamaro, and Spock. Another thing that these seven people have in common is that none of them has ever played Lyrically Speaking (except for BiT, who played only one day of LS--interestingly, my last game). Assessing any penalty points to any of these people in a game that none of them has ever really participated in would be completely... "point"less. So in lieu of penalties, I will give each of them simply a virtual slap on the wrist and a virtual kick in the pants.

So the next time that Fox News or anybody else think about slandering or persecuting somebody, they should remember this: Lying and being disrespectful may be easier than telling the truth and being respectful, but the price of lying and being disrespectful is too high for anybody to make it worth the cost. I triple dog dare one or more of them to fly out here to Lexington and just try to prove that I am not a pastor. When they come face to face with my fellow ministers and congregants at my church and try to foist their lies about me on them, I would pay cash money to watch my fellow ministers and congregants point and laugh at Fox News. Of course, Fox News would never come here to Lexington and face the truth because they are sleazy propagandists and cowards.
There, I told the truth about everything and I don't care who the truth offends. It won't be my problem because, after I post the final scores, the WWTBAM Bored will be dead to me.

I feel a whole lot better after having said all of that. It takes a lot of unneeded pressure off my chest.

Ah, here's the big one!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:Fox News must be proud of themselves . . . for almost successfully killing me and making my wife raise three kids (plus one on the way) all by herself.
I know this goes without saying but I feel the need to say it anyway. What a lousy, meanspirited, self-righteous (not to mention false) thing to say. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson