Transcript 9/18/09: Fred Roberts (guillotine06) (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Jeemie

Re: Transcript 9/18/09: Fred Roberts (guillotine06) (carryover)

#26 Post by Jeemie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:20 am

doitneatly wrote:
guillotine06 wrote:I'm still a newbie here. Please excuse the water trickling down my ears. What do WGAS and WWOQ stand ford?
Who Gives A Shit and Wicked Weed Out Question
Actually, the second was originally named Wacky Weed Out Question. It referred to any question that seemed greatly over-valued (usually seemed to crop up at the $8,000 level)- a question that wouldn't be your ordinary piece of trivia that could be learned or casually picked up. A "you either were paying attention when it happened, or you'll never learn it"-type question.

But some people prefer Wicked.

Poster's preference, I guess.
1979 City of Champions 2009

MarleysGh0st

#27 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:31 am

Jeemie wrote:
doitneatly wrote:
guillotine06 wrote:I'm still a newbie here. Please excuse the water trickling down my ears. What do WGAS and WWOQ stand ford?
Actually, the second was originally named Wacky Weed Out Question. It referred to any question that seemed greatly over-valued (usually seemed to crop up at the $8,000 level)- a question that wouldn't be your ordinary piece of trivia that could be learned or casually picked up. A "you either were paying attention when it happened, or you'll never learn it"-type question.

Do you have evidence that Wacky was the original name? I'll accept a reading from our Bored Historian's notebooks.

Jeemie

#28 Post by Jeemie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
doitneatly wrote:

Do you have evidence that Wacky was the original name? I'll accept a reading from our Bored Historian's notebooks.
No evidence- I myself had forgotten what WWOQ stood for, and asked about it a couple of weeks ago.

But when someone told me the first "W" stood for "Wacky", that set off a vague recollection in my mind of when the term was first used.
1979 City of Champions 2009

supportivemom

#29 Post by supportivemom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Fred, I just loved watching you. I am praying that you stay in the top ten!