PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/11/09 Anthony Sloan

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
heelsrule1988

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/11/09 Anthony Sloan

#26 Post by heelsrule1988 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:51 pm

That was probably the worst-played first tier I've ever seen. Heck, you don't even see this on the syndicated version! And that's saying something.
Spoiler
So how the heck did this guy win $25,000 and see the $100,000 question?! I'm still stunned over that.

ghostjmf

#27 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:43 am

I woulda flunked the FF. I forget at this point which Baldwin brothers I flipped. Probably all of them. I just don't care enough about the Baldwin brothers, I guess.

1K: Knew it wasn't Mendel or Sayjak. But this is too low a Q for double dip when the audience will know it, I hope. ATA

I cannot fathom a serious contestant using PAF on this just to buy time, as the contestant seemed to be doing; ATE eats up way more time. Though not nearly as much on prime time as on Syndie, where you can really stretch out the talkfest.

I was very surprised contestant got out of tonight alive. But he proved he knew harder later stuff even though he didn't know earlier easy stuff.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#28 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 am

I cannot fathom a serious contestant using PAF on this just to buy time, as the contestant seemed to be doing; ATE eats up way more time. Though not nearly as much on prime time as on Syndie, where you can really stretch out the talkfest.
This was the 1k question so he hadn't earned the ATE lifeline yet.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Jeemie

#29 Post by Jeemie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:39 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
Can you "make the expert talk" so you can stretch this out?

I know Ogi does it on his own, but how would you clue an expert who doesn't do this into keeping the discussion going while you figured the answer out without being obvious about it?
1979 City of Champions 2009

MarleysGh0st

#30 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:20 am

Jeemie wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
Can you "make the expert talk" so you can stretch this out?

I know Ogi does it on his own, but how would you clue an expert who doesn't do this into keeping the discussion going while you figured the answer out without being obvious about it?
In that case, the contestant has to take the initiative in the conversation. In these prime time shows, Regis seems to be taking the lead with what little expert conversation there is.

All of these experts could have done with a little training by Ogi.