Master Gardeners Tour

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Master Gardeners Tour

#1 Post by kayrharris » Sun May 11, 2008 11:06 am

Yes, we live in a small town. I'm not a Master Gardener, nor do I play one on TV. However, the Master Gardener's club
here asked us to have our backyard as one of the homes on their tour, which raises money for them, some of which is used
for scholarships for horticulture students.

Here is the brochure. On the first page, the photo that is 2nd from
the left on the top row is my back patio porch. On the 2nd page,
we're listed as number 7 in the write up. Still a bit of work to do
to get it just right, but it should be done in just a few days. Wish all
of ya'll could come. :)

http://www.aces.edu/mg/documents/08gardentour.pdf
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sun May 11, 2008 11:41 am

How wonderful, and how beautiful!

I'm proud to know you, Miss Imnota Master Gardener.

:)

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:44 am

It's beautiful!

I can see myself relaxing in the shade enjoying a mojito or margarita, or iced tea with lemon, or what the heck was the blue drink that Skoop was always talking about . . .

I bet you guys spend a lot of time there.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 pm

That is so cool! I wish that I could come and look at your backyard. :)

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 pm

What a great honor, you Imnomastergardnerlady you!

How very cool is that?

tanstaafl2

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I suppose I could pop by. Only about 90 minutes down the road if Mr. Smokey is otherwise occupied...

Of course first I have to cut up all the trees down across the drive way if I am going to be able to get there. Fishing the ones out of the lake may take a bit longer. And the one that landed on my detached garage was just down right rude.

What a weird spring it has been. Must be that global warming "thang" Chicken Little and his friend Al keeps squawking about that is screwing up the usual weather patterns. This has to be the windiest start to the year I can ever recall.

What ever it is I haven't had the best luck with weather this year. First a branch plunges through the roof of one home during high winds on New Years Day. Then a tornado picks on my brand new truck. Now mother nature decides to go into the clear cut lumber business in the backyard of my other house.

Afraid to think of what might be next.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

tanstaafl2

#7 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:13 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:It's beautiful!

I can see myself relaxing in the shade enjoying a mojito or margarita, or iced tea with lemon, or what the heck was the blue drink that Skoop was always talking about . . .

I bet you guys spend a lot of time there.
If we are having mojitos and/or margaritas that could improve the chances I would be willing to grace you with my presence!

Of course it might also mean it could take a bit longer to get me to leave and that might not be a pretty picture. Not sure a technicolor yawn goes with the backyard decor...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Come on down! I'd love to have you. I'll even treat you to dinner.
Just a short five miles off the exit on I-85 South, two turns and you're at my house.

Sorry about your damage. We didn't have anything but rain here, which we needed. Insurance should kick in somewhere, since you have a tree on a structure. Otherwise, you probably would be on your own. Do you own a good chain saw?

Good luck!
Benjamin Franklin

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#9 Post by kayrharris » Mon May 12, 2008 5:21 pm

If we are having mojitos and/or margaritas that could improve the chances I would be willing to grace you with my presence!
We're serving wine and also lemonade for the little old ladies who might not imbibe. 8) However, I do make a mean Mojito & Margarita!! I can put you up in the guest room for the night. We have plenty of room.
Benjamin Franklin

tanstaafl2

#10 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:47 pm

kayrharris wrote:
We're serving wine and also lemonade for the little old ladies who might not imbibe. 8) However, I do make a mean Mojito & Margarita!! I can put you up in the guest room for the night. We have plenty of room.
Rumors of a neighborhood get together here on the 17th. If that doesn't pan out I might just meander down that way! I shall keep you advised.
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Sounds good. Hope you can make it.
Benjamin Franklin