Have you ever watched a cake bake?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
marrymeflyfree

Have you ever watched a cake bake?

#1 Post by marrymeflyfree » Mon May 12, 2008 8:18 am

I haven't either. But I bet it is boring and anxiously annoying. Especially when you reallyreally want cake.

Mm hmm.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 12, 2008 8:33 am

By the end of my pregnancy, I just wanted to be done. I had Maddie at 36 weeks via induction becuase I had a really bad case Pupps. I am glad that her lungs were ready because I don't know how I could have waited for three or four more weeks.

wintergreen48

Re: Have you ever watched a cake bake?

#3 Post by wintergreen48 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:47 am

marrymeflyfree wrote:I haven't either. But I bet it is boring and anxiously annoying. Especially when you reallyreally want cake.

Mm hmm.
This just points out one of the many reasons why it is so great to be male (and more proof, if any were needed, that God is, indeed, male): when it comes to, um, baking a cake, the male spends maybe an hour or so, um, making the batter, yes, that's what he's doing, and doing other fun stuff, and then his work is done: all he has to do after that is sit back and relax. On the other hand, the oven, I mean, the female, has to spend nine long months working full time on the project.

It's been a few years, now, but as I recall, at the end of that nine months the oven, I mean, the female does just about as much grunting and groaning as she did at the beginning of the nine months, but somehow, it does not look like she is having as much fun at the end as she did at the beginning...

themanintheseersuckersuit

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 am

Typical male, It didn't occur to me that this was not pastry thread.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kusch

#5 Post by kusch » Mon May 12, 2008 9:21 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Typical male, It didn't occur to me that this was not pastry thread.
Bingo has been called here also.

Four Hour Stiffy
Merry Man

#6 Post by Four Hour Stiffy » Mon May 12, 2008 9:27 am

wintergreen48 wrote:This just points out one of the many reasons why it is so great to be male (and more proof, if any were needed, that God is, indeed, male): when it comes to, um, baking a cake, the male spends maybe an hour or so, um, making the batter, yes, that's what he's doing, and doing other fun stuff, and then his work is done: all he has to do after that is sit back and relax. On the other hand, the oven, I mean, the female, has to spend nine long months working full time on the project.

Thanks to modern technology, I can still make the batter. Too bad the pilot light's been out on the oven for years....
BOOOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am

wintergreen48 wrote:
marrymeflyfree wrote:I haven't either. But I bet it is boring and anxiously annoying. Especially when you reallyreally want cake.

Mm hmm.
This just points out one of the many reasons why it is so great to be male (and more proof, if any were needed, that God is, indeed, male): when it comes to, um, baking a cake, the male spends maybe an hour or so, um, making the batter, yes, that's what he's doing, and doing other fun stuff, and then his work is done: all he has to do after that is sit back and relax. On the other hand, the oven, I mean, the female, has to spend nine long months working full time on the project.
An hour making the batter? :)

I feel sorry for the husbands of pregnant women.

My poor husband went though a lot with my first pregnancy.
I got sick with bronchitis and he took care of me. I had really bad hyperemesis and he took care of me. I vomited once and it got in my eye, giving me a corneal ulcer and he woke up every hour to put drops in my eye, so I wouldn't have to stay in the hospital. Towards the end of my pregnancy I had a really bad case of Pupps and couldn't sleep. Most of the time he stayed up with me. The night before Maddie was going to be induced, I couldn't sleep, so he went for a walk with me at 3:00 a.m. so that I wouldn't be alone.

Even though he is a doctor, Jeff doesn't really like dealing with illness on a long-term basis (that's why he works in the Emergency Room, rather than some other specialty).

I am sure that I complained about how fat I was towards the end and he never agreed with me. I am sure that I complained about a lot of other things and he listened patiently.

He also made sure that I got really good drugs for the delivery.

Never underestimate the importance of husbands during pregnancy.

JoeBobBillyWayneTucker
Merry Man

#8 Post by JoeBobBillyWayneTucker » Mon May 12, 2008 9:49 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
wintergreen48 wrote:

Mm hmm.

I got sick with bronchitis and he took care of me. I had really bad hyperemesis and he took care of me. I vomited once and it got in my eye, giving me a corneal ulcer and he woke up every hour to put drops in my eye, so I wouldn't have to stay in the hospital. Towards the end of my pregnancy I had a really bad case of Pupps and couldn't sleep. Most of the time he stayed up with me. The night before Maddie was going to be induced, I couldn't sleep, so he went for a walk with me at 3:00 a.m. so that I wouldn't be alone.

Even though he is a doctor, Jeff doesn't really like dealing with illness on a long-term basis (that's why he works in the Emergency Room, rather than some other specialty).

I am sure that I complained about how fat I was towards the end and he never agreed with me. I am sure that I complained about a lot of other things and he listened patiently.

I cared for my wife like a sister while she was pregnint.

'Course, she was my sister to begin with....

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 12, 2008 9:58 am

JoeBobBillyWayneTucker wrote:
wintergreen48 wrote: This just points out one of the many reasons why it is so great to be male (and more proof, if any were needed, that God is, indeed, male): when it comes to, um, baking a cake, the male spends maybe an hour or so, um, making the batter, yes, that's what he's doing, and doing other fun stuff, and then his work is done: all he has to do after that is sit back and relax. On the other hand, the oven, I mean, the female, has to spend nine long months working full time on the project.

I cared for my wife like a sister while she was pregnint.

'Course, she was my sister to begin with....
Was she your sister and your cousin?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#10 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:02 am

wintergreen48 wrote:

Mm hmm.

So, does that mean that Emma is adopted?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 12, 2008 10:45 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
wintergreen48 wrote: This just points out one of the many reasons why it is so great to be male (and more proof, if any were needed, that God is, indeed, male): when it comes to, um, baking a cake, the male spends maybe an hour or so, um, making the batter, yes, that's what he's doing, and doing other fun stuff, and then his work is done: all he has to do after that is sit back and relax. On the other hand, the oven, I mean, the female, has to spend nine long months working full time on the project.

So, does that mean that Emma is adopted?
No, I just had an easier pregnancy with her.

Emma is Jeff's Mini-Me. Maybe not in looks, but in temperament and attitude.

ommax3

#12 Post by ommax3 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 am

:D Granted he has his faults, but as a hubby during pregnancy, Appa23 was a good one...so for those who love to give him a hard time, know that he was near a saint while waiting for 2 to come home with no defined time frame(adoptions) and one very awful, sick, nervous, overall yucky pregnancy with an absolutely horrible delivery.

Ommax3

No grammer/spell checking occured before posting...sorry, can hear Katy waking up as I type!

:)
married to Appa23, 3 great kids...him..well...

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

ommax3 wrote::D Granted he has his faults, but as a hubby during pregnancy, Appa23 was a good one...so for those who love to give him a hard time, know that he was near a saint while waiting for 2 to come home with no defined time frame(adoptions) and one very awful, sick, nervous, overall yucky pregnancy with an absolutely horrible delivery.

Ommax3

No grammer/spell checking occured before posting...sorry, can hear Katy waking up as I type!

:)
As one who is known for 'giving him a hard time', I have never ever questioned his commitment to his family. One would have to be blind not to see that.