New Amsterdam cancelled

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

New Amsterdam cancelled

#1 Post by earendel » Mon May 12, 2008 8:11 am

Fox has cancelled New Amsterdam. :cry:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

themanintheseersuckersuit

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

Nobody lives forever
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Nobody lives forever
But if he doesn't find "The One," he will!

#4 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 12, 2008 8:53 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Unaired final episode: he gets drunk, gets real lucky, and then run over by a bus leaving her apartment.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

starfish1113

#5 Post by starfish1113 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 am

I gave this show more chances than I should have, but I just deleted the last three episode that I queued on TiVO because I realized I really couldn't care less. Great concept, terrible execution.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon May 12, 2008 9:02 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Unaired final episode: he gets drunk, gets real lucky, and then run over by a bus leaving her apartment.
If the episode isn't aired, it isn't part of the canon. :P

Absent any evidence to the contrary from TPTB, Amsterdam will be stuck taking photographs of Time Square forever and ever. Meanwhile, he'll have to learn to be far more sophisticated in creating fake identities, in an age when forging birth certificates isn't enough. :twisted:

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 12, 2008 9:13 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: But if he doesn't find "The One," he will!
If the episode isn't aired, it isn't part of the canon. :P

Absent any evidence to the contrary from TPTB, Amsterdam will be stuck taking photographs of Time Square forever and ever. Meanwhile, he'll have to learn to be far more sophisticated in creating fake identities, in an age when forging birth certificates isn't enough. :twisted:
I guess that means we'll never see the episode in which he takes over for the Naked Cowboy in order to increase his chances of meeting The One.
Suitguy is not bitter.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 12, 2008 11:45 am

Christian Taylor continues his streak. :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:24 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
That is so funny - made me laugh.