Clinton loses another super

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
NellyLunatic1980

Clinton loses another super

#1 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:11 am

Rep. Donald Payne (NJ 10th district) has switched his support from Clinton to Obama.

Clinton's superdelegate lead is now only 4 (267-263).

The fat lady has finished warming up and is about to step on the stage.

EDIT 12:58 PM: Correction. There's been a second flip and three more uncommitteds declaring support for Obama. It's 267-266 in favor of Obama. Bye bye, Hillary!

silverscreenselect

Re: Clinton loses another super

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
EDIT 12:58 PM: Correction. There's been a second flip and three more uncommitteds declaring support for Obama. It's 267-266 in favor of Obama. Bye bye, Hillary!
I haven't seen this much excitement since people in Jonestown were told they were getting free koolaid.

takinover

#3 Post by takinover » Fri May 09, 2008 8:37 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: I haven't seen this much excitement since people in Jonestown were told they were getting free koolaid.
Could you just make sure you follow proper protocol and not commit election fraud this time?

wbtravis007

#4 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:39 pm

takinover wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: I haven't seen this much excitement since people in Jonestown were told they were getting free koolaid.
Could you just make sure you follow proper protocol and not commit election fraud this time?
Man, talk about a rich post.

Saying so much in so few words.

Way to go, TKO.

hf_jai

#5 Post by hf_jai » Sat May 10, 2008 7:59 am

Nelly wrote:EDIT 12:58 PM: Correction. There's been a second flip and three more uncommitteds declaring support for Obama. It's 267-266 in favor of Obama. Bye bye, Hillary!
Facts don't appear to mean a lot to you but Hillary is still ahead of Barack in SuperDs, 272-268.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#D

wintergreen48

#6 Post by wintergreen48 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:47 pm

hf_jai wrote:
Nelly wrote:EDIT 12:58 PM: Correction. There's been a second flip and three more uncommitteds declaring support for Obama. It's 267-266 in favor of Obama. Bye bye, Hillary!
Facts don't appear to mean a lot to you but Hillary is still ahead of Barack in SuperDs, 272-268.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#D

Um, Jai, you are qoting from a May 6 report: the superdelegate changes occurred after that. Obama is now, in fact, ahead by one.

Sir_Galahad

#7 Post by Sir_Galahad » Sun May 11, 2008 8:06 am

The fat lady sung her song back in February. Clinton's continuation is due to one of two factors. She is trying to discredit Obama in any way she can so that he will lose to McCain and she will give it another go in 2012. She is waiting for another Wright bombshell to appear for the same reason. Everyone knows she was toast months ago. The other factor being that she and Bill are extremely arrogant and believe that they are owed this bid. They will wait until the DNC tells them it's officially over and not one moment before.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

hf_jai

#8 Post by hf_jai » Sun May 11, 2008 9:53 am

wintergreen48 wrote:Um, Jai, you are qoting from a May 6 report: the superdelegate changes occurred after that. Obama is now, in fact, ahead by one.
Look again. The "results thru May 6" applies to the by-state totals. The candidate totals are being kept up to date, altho I can't say how accurately. As of now, CNN is showing Hillary ahead by only one.

Odd as it may seem to those who think it's over (which of course is what the Obama campaign wants you to think), Hillary has picked up at least 3 supers that I know of in the last couple days. One was from NC.

I don't know what's going to happen at the convention (and neither does anyone else). But there is a reason that so many supers are holding back their endorsements. Some of them are probably waiting for all the primaries to be over (gee, letting everybody vote first is such a novel concept). Most of them are up for re-election themselves and do not want to run on a losing ticket, but otoh they do not want to piss off any significant portion of their constituencies either.

A lot can happen between now and August. Hillary would be a fool to drop out now.

She's no fool.

She's also no Kerry (that may be redundant), to just give up without all the votes AND all the delegates counted.