He can tell you are nervous around him-Dog story

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

He can tell you are nervous around him-Dog story

#1 Post by Spock » Fri May 09, 2008 8:59 pm

We are planting corn now and I had to fix the planter close to a newer neighbor's yard. I met her for the first time-anyway she has at least 3 dogs and one of them is a pit bull-looking black lab and another is a little terrier type.

I was laying on my back removing mud-with one eye on the dogs-I thought the big one was coming for me-I had a screwdriver ready to stab him.

He did not like me there-he was growling and hair standing up and he was kicking up dirt on the road like a bull.

Then I walked a ways-with the lady trying to calm down the dogs and she was saying "They are nice and never would do anything-they can just tell you are nervous around them." Yeah, No S H_ T

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Fri May 09, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm glad you're OK.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Sat May 10, 2008 6:55 am

translation:

Blame the bitee.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat May 10, 2008 7:03 am

peacock2121 wrote:translation:

Blame the bitee.
Yep. "You have no trust in my friendly personality, so I must tear you to shreds." :twisted:

Did you sleep late, this morning, Pea? :)

As for me...it's time to go to the booksale! :D

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:04 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

Blame the bitee.
Yep. "You have no trust in my friendly personality, so I must tear you to shreds." :twisted:

Did you sleep late, this morning, Pea? :)

As for me...it's time to go to the booksale! :D
I didn't sleep late. I just got in here late.

Sell those books!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Blame the bitee.
Yep -- "Oh, no, my little Fluffy would never bite anybody..."

That's why Colorado has a one-bite rule -- give the owners one chance to make sure it never happens again.

An attempt was made to eliminate it some years ago, but no soap. Since then, several communities and subdivisions have implemented breed limitations -- no Rottweilers, pit bulls, etc.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

5LD

#7 Post by 5LD » Sat May 10, 2008 8:07 pm

We experienced the no breed policy at our temporary apt. here in Ohio. No Chows. Well, Miss Daisy is full blooded chow but as gentle as the day is long. So we told them she was a mixed breed with some Samoyed + spitz or something. They bought it.

It pains me when an entire breed has a bad rep because of owners not being able to train/control their dogs. I've seen Poodles who were aggressive. I have a Chow who is not. You cannot lump em all together. I grew up with Rotties belonging to family friends who loved me so much they cried when I went underwater swimming in their family pool. Friends in NYC have two Pits who are the best and sweetest dogs (besides mine) that I have ever met.