Meanwhile, in Florida...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Meanwhile, in Florida...

#276 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 am

This only happens in red states:
Circus elephant gets loose, goes for stroll through Butte MT

An elephant was caught on camera Tuesday roaming the streets in Butte. The Jordan World Circus is in town and the elephant apparently escaped from their show. The elephant is now safe with its handlers. But before the elephant was caught, viewers said it did a number two on a Butte lawn.

Butte resident Mataya Smith was driving south on Harrison Avenue with her husband, who alerted her to the strange scene at noon on Tuesday. “I though he just meant it was in the parking lot. And then I looked up and was like, ‘No, there is an elephant in the road!’” said Smith. “My coworker pointed out, ‘There’s an elephant!’ Started jumping up and down, pointing out the window,” Civic Center Town Pump co-manager Josh Hannifin said. “We ran out the door and finally caught a video of the elephant coming through the lot here. Pretty exciting. It’s not everyday you see an elephant walking down Harrison Avenue in Butte, Montana,” added Hannifan, who was about to wrap hot dog buns before noticing the elephant.Town Pump, a local business in Butte, also shared video of the elephant quickly walking past their doors as a man is seen trying to corral the animal.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

mrkelley23

#277 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:14 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 am
This only happens in red states:
Circus elephant gets loose, goes for stroll through Butte MT

An elephant was caught on camera Tuesday roaming the streets in Butte. The Jordan World Circus is in town and the elephant apparently escaped from their show. The elephant is now safe with its handlers. But before the elephant was caught, viewers said it did a number two on a Butte lawn.

Butte resident Mataya Smith was driving south on Harrison Avenue with her husband, who alerted her to the strange scene at noon on Tuesday. “I though he just meant it was in the parking lot. And then I looked up and was like, ‘No, there is an elephant in the road!’” said Smith. “My coworker pointed out, ‘There’s an elephant!’ Started jumping up and down, pointing out the window,” Civic Center Town Pump co-manager Josh Hannifin said. “We ran out the door and finally caught a video of the elephant coming through the lot here. Pretty exciting. It’s not everyday you see an elephant walking down Harrison Avenue in Butte, Montana,” added Hannifan, who was about to wrap hot dog buns before noticing the elephant.Town Pump, a local business in Butte, also shared video of the elephant quickly walking past their doors as a man is seen trying to corral the animal.
The Butte jokes just write themselves, don't they?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Vandal
Director of Promos

#278 Post by Vandal » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:45 pm

Don’t be a Buttehead.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#279 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 am

Our international edition:
Belgian man whose body makes its own alcohol cleared of drunk-driving

A Belgian man has been acquitted of drunk-driving because he has auto-brewery syndrome (ABS), an extremely rare condition whereby the body produces alcohol, his lawyer has said. Anse Ghesquiere said on Monday that in “another unfortunate coincidence” her client worked at a brewery, but three doctors who independently examined him had confirmed he had ABS.

Belgian media said in the verdict the judge emphasised that the defendant, who was not named in line with local judicial custom, did not experience symptoms of intoxication. Lisa Florin, a clinical biologist with the Belgian hospital AZ Sint-Lucas, said people with ABS produced the same type of alcohol as found in alcoholic drinks but that they generally felt less of its effects. People are not born with ABS but can develop it when they already have another intestine-related condition. Patients can present with symptoms consistent with alcohol intoxication such as slurred speech, stumbling, loss of motor functions, dizziness and belching
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... fing_email
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com