Hey! John McCain and I have something in common!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
nitrah55

Hey! John McCain and I have something in common!

#1 Post by nitrah55 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:15 am

I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, just like McCain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/0 ... 00955.html
I am about 25% sure of this.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri May 09, 2008 8:16 am

I didn't vote for Bush either.

kusch

#3 Post by kusch » Fri May 09, 2008 8:30 am

Hmm, then maybe Obama will stop staying that McCain is just an extension of Bush. Maybe not. :wink:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri May 09, 2008 8:31 am

<sigh> I am sick of the election.

Weyoun

Re: Hey! John McCain and I have something in common!

#5 Post by Weyoun » Fri May 09, 2008 12:35 pm

nitrah55 wrote:I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, just like McCain.

Well, why would he? Bush flunkies suggested that McCain's adopted Bengali child was the love child of a little interracial mingling. McCain should have punched him.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 09, 2008 1:04 pm

McCain will be much more successful at bringing conservative Republicans back into the fold then Obama will be with Hillary supporters. For one thing, neither McCain or his supoorters treat conservatives as unfit pariahs who had better follow him because they don't have anyplace else to go.

Republicans know how to win presidential elections; Democrats, with the exception of the Clintons, do not. They think that any beer track voter who won't come running to Obama is a redneck, Bible brandishing, gun toting racist. They think any women who support Hillary are just doing so because she's a woman and will come flocking to Obama. They think that Hispanics don't matter. They think that patriotism is an outdated concept and that people offended by Rev. Wright are a bunch of ignorant racists.

So when large numbers of these groups go to McCain, Barr or stay home in the GE and some of the young people who have been fueling the Obama campaign find something else in the fall that's more "cool" to get involved with, Obama will be left with the Dukakis coalition.

TheConfessor

#7 Post by TheConfessor » Fri May 09, 2008 2:25 pm

May 9 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain said he voted for George W. Bush twice for president, contradicting blogger Arianna Huffington's report this week that he told people at a dinner party that he didn't back Bush in 2000.
ADVERTISEMENT

``I voted for President Bush, and I said so at the time,'' McCain said today at a press conference in Jersey City, New Jersey. ``This is hardly worth our time,'' McCain said.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#8 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri May 09, 2008 2:41 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
May 9 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain said he voted for George W. Bush twice for president, contradicting blogger Arianna Huffington's report this week that he told people at a dinner party that he didn't back Bush in 2000.
ADVERTISEMENT

``I voted for President Bush, and I said so at the time,'' McCain said today at a press conference in Jersey City, New Jersey. ``This is hardly worth our time,'' McCain said.

peacock2121

Re: Hey! John McCain and I have something in common!

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Weyoun wrote:
nitrah55 wrote:I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, just like McCain.

Well, why would he? Bush flunkies suggested that McCain's adopted Bengali child was the love child of a little interracial mingling. McCain should have punched him.
REC!

REC!

TRIPLE REC!

Weyoun

#10 Post by Weyoun » Sat May 10, 2008 3:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:McCain will be much more successful at bringing conservative Republicans back into the fold then Obama will be with Hillary supporters. For one thing, neither McCain or his supoorters treat conservatives as unfit pariahs who had better follow him because they don't have anyplace else to go.

Republicans know how to win presidential elections; Democrats, with the exception of the Clintons, do not. They think that any beer track voter who won't come running to Obama is a redneck, Bible brandishing, gun toting racist. They think any women who support Hillary are just doing so because she's a woman and will come flocking to Obama. They think that Hispanics don't matter. They think that patriotism is an outdated concept and that people offended by Rev. Wright are a bunch of ignorant racists.

So when large numbers of these groups go to McCain, Barr or stay home in the GE and some of the young people who have been fueling the Obama campaign find something else in the fall that's more "cool" to get involved with, Obama will be left with the Dukakis coalition.
I never thought I would agree with you, but here we are. I live in a hub of Obamania - a lot of multiple degreed liberals who make as many assumptions about American life as those on the right wing that they criticize. I don't think they realize that they are way, way outnumbered. I keep thinking "McGovern."