Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 92

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 92

#1 Post by gsabc » Sat May 10, 2008 12:31 pm

I think I've got the days left correct. Can't recall the last one and too lazy to check it.

ASL Interpreter is set, at least for the wedding day. I will ask if she knows anyone else who may be able to take the rehearsal. She has a prior commitment. Push comes to shove, GW and I can manage it for that short period. Might be a little busy since we're in the procession, too. We're okay with signing, but not really proficient enough for anything outside of normal conversation with HS.

I will be ridiculously busy on weekends for a while. Sis is coming into town at the end of June. She wants to throw a shower for BD while she's here; it's not a surprise. The cousin who usually has the family things at her house (biggest house, most centrally located to everyone) can't do it this time. Not sure why. We intended to have everything catered, including cleaning up the aftermath. In any case, it has defaulted to our house.

GW is in a tizzy, and the shindig is over a month away. We need to do some serious cleaning, packaging (of BD's stuff) and painting inside the house. I need to rent a chipper (and somehow get it to and from) to get rid of a demolished post-and-rail fence as well as accumulated brush. The deck needs re-staining, though that may wait. The siding needs a power scrub. The front brick stairs need replacing. And so on. Gonna be a busy month of preparations.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Sat May 10, 2008 1:30 pm

My younger sister got married at a church and had the party afterward at my house (mine and Dr. Dick's). One of the pluses about that was my dad and my b-i-l offered to do all kinds of repairs and sprucing up.