Bridge report

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Bridge report

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:31 pm

I’m in Santa Clara this weekend, playing one last warmup tournament with my professional partner before we play the Atlanta Nationals in November. Today we played an open pair event and finished 7th overall, good for 7.77 gold points. Tomorrow we’ll play the first day of a two-day open pairs event. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Bridge report

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:16 am

Partner and I had a poor first session. Fortunately, we came roaring back the second session to finish first for that session across both sections. We qualified comfortably for the finals and picked up 5.83 gold points for the day. My cumulative total for the tournament is now 13.60 points. In the morning and afternoon, the finals of the All-Western Open Pairs Championship. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:01 pm

Partner and I had a few bidding misunderstandings so we dropped some boards, but we still had a pair of respectable games. Put together, they were good enough for 8th in the event. Our total award for the event is 17.59 gold points, which replaces (i.e., is not cumulative to) the 5.83 gold points we won in the first day of the event. My cumulative tournament total is therefore 25.36 gold points.

Correction: our first-day winnings were just increased to 8.50 gold points, so my tournament total now is up to 26.09 gold points.

The tournament concludes tomorrow with a two-session Fast Pairs event. Once that’s over, it’s back in the car for my return home, where I will spend my next two months basically living in my office until my October trial either proceeds to verdict or settles. —Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:55 am

We finished 6th overall in the Fast Pairs. It turns out that the awards we got in each session exceeded our award for the overall placement, so we ended up collecting 3.00 gold points (for the overall placement) and an additional 0.15 red points (the excess of our session awards over the overall award). My tournament total was 29.26 points.

I'm home now, and in full-on trial prep mode. I don't expect much of a life for the next two months. Wish me luck. --Bob