Saddle Up, Cowgirls!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

Saddle Up, Cowgirls!

#1 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 pm

There's a new rodeo in town!!

As previously mentioned, I'm going to start a Good Old Fashioned Fanny LS (GOFF LS) probably next Friday September 1st. So, here's my thoughts at the moment (which are always subject to change)...

I got the idea when listening to music on my Alexa and noting the sometimes random stations and channels it would give me when requesting a particular type of music or artist. Originally, it was going to be quick, simple and requiring little effort on my part. But can I ever do anything quick, simple and with little effort? Fuck, no...

Here's the plan:

Each day will be a number of songs played for me on a channel by Amazon Music, Spotify or I Heart Radio. I plan on using the opening lines (unless that's the title, in which case I might choose a different verse or just leave out the important words). Since opening lines are much easier to identify than some hidden fourth verse, I thought it might be a bit too easy so I'm also giving points if you can supply the next line right following the clue.

You'll also get points if you can name the channel of the day. This will be several points so I can give partial credits (you pros know how I love to give partial credit). The channels aren't going to be anything elaborate like, "70s English rock band whose lead singer is a Virgo". (Which would be Queen), but it will probably be more than just "70s songs". However, something that simple can get you partial credit.

Now all the frills and dressings:

Previous players know how I love my bonus questions and bonus bonus questions and why the hell not questions and giving out random and completely unrelated points that "some" might notice a resemblance to the JJC Points that "someone else" loves.

So, after the lyrics portion of the game we might have such extras as:

A Little Decades Fun
Serial Killers D or A
Board Trivia
Fanny Fun Facts
True Crime Not So Fun Facts

and whatever else comes up in my little pea brain.

Besides no internet hunting, any of my previous posts are also off limits. Because, again for you old timers, I love to drop hints, make allusions and just sometimes outright give answers in other posts to see if people are paying attention! Pay particular attention to the answer posts. You've got until Friday to check out my past posts, because I might have already started... There won't be anything earlier than my game post a few days ago, so no need for an archeological dig. Other than that, use your family and friends (a la Hottie and Mark), the household pets, whatever you heard on the radio or tv recently or whatever else might help.

As anybody who has read my answers to previous games knows, I am decidedly NOT a "just the facts, ma'am" type of girl. Play the game anyway you like, but stream of consciousness, personal anecdotes, fun facts, etc. are always encouraged and often rewarded. But don't fish for it it must be organic. Remember bullshit is organic, but so is gold!
Sharing smokes and a cup of joe with my friend, Insouciant Ruffian. Good times!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Saddle Up, Cowgirls!

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:43 pm

So who is responsible for the ...
Wait, Bob Cummings is a suspect, but will there be Stevie Ray Vaughan?
Well, then

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#3 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:08 pm

So, much like Tina, I'm unable to do anything nice and easy and my brain wave operates on scrambled. Yet, at the same time, my OCD demands that I be an organized perfectionist... What??

So, in the spirit of above, I managed to come up with a few guidelines (rules are like, so, draconian..)

Right now I'm planning on the standard Monday through Friday, although there might be a bonus weekend game at some point just for S&G. Unless otherwise stated, games will close the next day at noon God's Time (Monday for the Friday game), or until I get around to posting the answers. I chose noon because I don't know what time I'll be posting the games, but it will definitely be before noon. Could be 2:12 am, could be 11:46 am, you never know with me. But it will be before noon.

The channels/categories I'll be using will come from the following sources. Amazon Music, Spotify and I Heart Radio. If you don't agree that a song fits in that cateogory, take it up with them. For instance, I asked for One Hit Wonders and got three Jim Croce songs within an hour. This wasn't for a game, just as an example.

Each day, there will be a number of lyrics to identify. The number will most likely vary, but be somewhere around ten, maybe more for a weekend game. If I have a ton of extraneous bonus questions and the like, there may be fewer songs.

Points are as follows:

Song 5 points
Artist 5 points
Next line of the song 5 points

Category/Channel of the Playlist 5 points

Bonus stuff as noted in the game

You might recall that I like to make things worth more points than most. One, because I like to give partial credits when I can. But, also because it don't cost me nothing, so the more points the merrier. You're never too far out of the standings to make a comeback this way.

Random points might be awarded just because...

Artists count! For instance, if the channel is 70s Power Rock and you put down Little Eva for the Locomotion, you won't get credit. If you, God forbid, put down Kylie Minogue you might get docked points, The only exception to this is, of course, anything written by JJ Cale or Hoyt Axton. Will there be anything written by them? Hell if I know...

I said that my previous posts were off limits, but this one is the exception, I'll probably put a link in the first few games just as a refresher. Hell, I don't care, look at all of my previous posts if you wanna, it's anarchy!!!!!11

Any questions? If so, give me a shoutout. If not,

See you Friday!
Sharing smokes and a cup of joe with my friend, Insouciant Ruffian. Good times!

Earl the Squirrel

#4 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:44 pm

I forgot to add the Hottie Rule

(insert image here)

But that's a given when playing a GOFF LS, right?

RIGHT???!!

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#5 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:44 pm

(insert image here)

RIGHT???!!
RIGHT!!! And In case anyone has forgotten, the Hottie Rule is
Spoiler
Have Fun!!

Earl the Squirrel

#6 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:33 am

Hotseat Or Bust! wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:54 pm
Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:44 pm

(insert image here)

RIGHT???!!
RIGHT!!! And In case anyone has forgotten, the Hottie Rule is
Spoiler
Have Fun!!
Thank you for educating the masses, Hotness! I was expecting lb to add the appropriate image, but crickets. He might get docked a Draggin' Yer Ass point...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:37 am

Play the GOFF! It's the most fun you can have getting negative points since the exciting 2010 Pretender Game!

Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com