Trump threatens “death and destruction” if he’s criminally charged in New York

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Weyoun

Re: Trump threatens “death and destruction” if he’s criminally charged in New York

#26 Post by Weyoun » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:59 pm

All of that SSS. If you wanted to smuggle something worth thousands of dollars, why trust it to a person having to wander through the desert, who is being hunted by police anyway?

While we’re talking about ridiculous bogeymen, another, I am seeing is folks, suggesting, if we just didn’t give the Ukrainians military support, we could use that money instead to put multiple guards at every school.

Here’s an idea. Let’s get rid of most of the guns. That might cost some money. You might even be able to persuade me that the money for that is worth more than supporting the Ukrainians.

But not supporting the Ukrainians just so you can engage in your pseudo Hobbesian fantasy of existing one second away from being murdered perpetually is not worth my tax dollars. But I would expect no less from these death fetishists.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Trump threatens “death and destruction” if he’s criminally charged in New York

#27 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:24 am
In my view-DeSantis is Trump without the baggage and would be much better at implementing the MAGA agenda.
Yeah. About that. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#28 Post by Weyoun » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:24 am
In my view-DeSantis is Trump without the baggage and would be much better at implementing the MAGA agenda.
Yeah. About that. --Bob
They will quietly drop the challenge once they realize how much the legal fees are going to be. It was all about making a big show of going after Disney, not actually implementing policy.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Weyoun, death fetishists? What?
Well, then

Weyoun

#30 Post by Weyoun » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:02 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:24 pm
Weyoun, death fetishists? What?
“Here’s an idea. Let’s make purchasing a gun at least as complicated as purchasing a car. Doing so might keep a couple of crazy folks from buying guns and save the lives of some children. What do you think of that, gun enthusiast?”

“Pass.”

jarnon

#31 Post by jarnon » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:56 am

Rachel Maddow, on her weekly program on MSNBC Monday, chronicled a long list of indicted politicians, such as Jon Edwards and Spiro Agnew, arguing that charging Trump isn't unique. She addressed her comments to Trump supporters who may be influenced by his pronouncements. She should have aimed them at her MSNBC colleagues, who have been covering the indictment 24/7 since Wednesday. Maddow herself hosted an extra episode of her show Thursday.

This case is getting attention because it's the first criminal charge against Trump, but actually it's less serious than many cases that he or his business has faced, and not as weighty as other wrongdoing for which he's being investigated. I expect that at worst, he'll be convicted of a misdemeanor and pay a fine.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:20 am

jarnon wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:56 am
This case is getting attention because it's the first criminal charge against Trump, but actually it's less serious than many cases that he or his business has faced, and not as weighty as other wrongdoing for which he's being investigated. I expect that at worst, he'll be convicted of a misdemeanor and pay a fine.
There are plenty of politicians at all levels who have been indicted, convicted, and gone to jail. But Trump is the first former President, so that is historic. Right now, everyone is basing their opinions on the consensus of what is in the indictment. But no one has seen the indictment. Michael Cohen's attorney has been saying that there's a lot more to the indictment than a handful of checks to Stormy Daniels from an illegal source (which wouldn't support 30 counts). My gut feel is that Alvin Bragg is a lot smarter than Trump's attorneys, and he's allowing this to play out for now to make the eventual charges that more compelling in the public eye. It won't shut up Trump or the Lindsey Grahams of the world, but it will make more of them look like total fools.

I also think the Georgia case is ready to go. Trump filed a last-ditch motion to quash the grand jury report. The DA has until May 1 to respond, but I don't think it will take them nearly that long. Once that motion gets disposed of, the indictments will follow, and Trump won't be the only one charged.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#33 Post by Weyoun » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Trump is of course a scumbag and I suspect he has done many criminal things. We’ll never know exactly how he cheated on his taxes, for example.

Personally, I find that offensive since I pay taxes myself, though I know his simpleton followers cheer him on, since it just screws the rest of us over by making governing more difficult.

With that said, if he’s gonna get nailed for something, probably shouldn’t be this. It’s pretty low bore, and all it’s doing is feeding into the crazies who support him. This means that, first of all, someone could get shot. This isn’t worth it.

Second of all, it means he actually might be popular enough among those cranks to get the nomination again. Anything that makes it just that much closer for him becoming president should be reconsidered.

Unfortunately, the far left in this country is absolutely insistent on giving this monster oxygen, so the fire will continue to burn.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#34 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:03 pm

Well said
Well, then

wbtravis007

#35 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:41 pm
Trump is of course a scumbag and I suspect he has done many criminal things. We’ll never know exactly how he cheated on his taxes, for example.

Personally, I find that offensive since I pay taxes myself, though I know his simpleton followers cheer him on, since it just screws the rest of us over by making governing more difficult.

With that said, if he’s gonna get nailed for something, probably shouldn’t be this. It’s pretty low bore, and all it’s doing is feeding into the crazies who support him. This means that, first of all, someone could get shot. This isn’t worth it.

Second of all, it means he actually might be popular enough among those cranks to get the nomination again. Anything that makes it just that much closer for him becoming president should be reconsidered.

Unfortunately, the far left in this country is absolutely insistent on giving this monster oxygen, so the fire will continue to burn.
There sure is a lot of speculation going on across the board about the wisdom of pursuing charges contained in a sealed indictment by people who act as if they know what’s in it.

We’ll know soon enough. Why not wait until then?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:09 pm

Weyoun wrote:

I think it's terrible public policy to subject the criminal justice system to a heckler's veto. Anyone else who did what Donny is charged with doing would face charges. Hell, some people have already gone to jail for their roles in these actions.

Donny shouldn't get any special privileges just because he's willing to whip up a mob. If anything, that should be held against him come sentencing, should he be convicted. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#37 Post by Weyoun » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:58 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:09 pm
Weyoun wrote:

I think it's terrible public policy to subject the criminal justice system to a heckler's veto. Anyone else who did what Donny is charged with doing would face charges. Hell, some people have already gone to jail for their roles in these actions.

Donny shouldn't get any special privileges just because he's willing to whip up a mob. If anything, that should be held against him come sentencing, should he be convicted. --Bob
He added another 10 points of cushion between him and DeSantis after this came down.

If he’s a nominee, he does have to face off against an enfeebled Joe Biden. I don’t think he would win, but he could.

Is this worth it? The fact that he gave some money to some whore?

Let him be. Let him talk to himself on Truth Social.

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:39 am

Weyoun, Sr. 1931 wrote: Trump Al Capone is of course a scumbag and I suspect he has done many criminal things. We’ll never know exactly how he cheated on his taxes, for example.

What Weyoun's great-grandpa would have said if this Bored was around back then.

Weyoun

#39 Post by Weyoun » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:31 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:39 am
Weyoun, Sr. 1931 wrote: Trump Al Capone is of course a scumbag and I suspect he has done many criminal things. We’ll never know exactly how he cheated on his taxes, for example.

What Weyoun's great-grandpa would have said if this Bored was around back then.
Al Capone was a murderer, so sending him to jail save lives.

I’m not convinced any this will actually result in a conviction for Trump, never mind jail time. It just makes him stronger, he’s actually in the position to hurt more people, not less.

Never mind how it might inspire his followers to do something rash.

So I don’t really see the similarity.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#40 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:25 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:58 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:09 pm
Weyoun wrote:

He added another 10 points of cushion between him and DeSantis after this came down.

If he’s a nominee, he does have to face off against an enfeebled Joe Biden. I don’t think he would win, but he could.

Is this worth it? The fact that he gave some money to some whore?

Let him be. Let him talk to himself on Truth Social.
He's not being charged (I expect) with paying Stormy Daniels. He's being charged with lying about it. Under penalty of perjury. On campaign forms. Either we're going to enforce those laws or we're not. I'm glad we are. --Bob

BackInTex

#41 Post by BackInTex » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:27 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:25 am
Either we're going to enforce those laws or we're not. I'm glad we are. --Bob
Are you glad Bragg is not enforcing all the other laws? You know, the ones against actual violent offenses? Where people get hurt? I know you're happy about enforcing laws against lying. But what about assault, armed robbery? Those O.K., as long as Donald Trump didn't comit them?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#42 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:27 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Are you glad Bragg is not enforcing all the other laws? You know, the ones against actual violent offenses? Where people get hurt? I know you're happy about enforcing laws against lying. But what about assault, armed robbery? Those O.K., as long as Donald Trump didn't comit them?
You're making shit up. He's not letting those crimes go. His prosecutors are pursuing those cases when they can be proved.

Or have you not noticed that Oklahoma's homicide rate is higher than New York's? --Bob

BackInTex

#43 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:40 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:37 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
You're making shit up. He's not letting those crimes go. His prosecutors are pursuing those cases when they can be proved.

Or have you not noticed that Oklahoma's homicide rate is higher than New York's? --Bob
I'm not making anything up. Your TDS is blinding you. Bragg has reduced 52% of felony charges to misdemeanor. Bragg told his prosecutors to quit prosecuting fare beating, resisting arrest and other nonviolent crimes. Major crime in NYC is up 22% last year over the prior year.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#44 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:28 am

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:40 am
Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:37 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I'm not making anything up. Your TDS is blinding you. Bragg has reduced 52% of felony charges to misdemeanor. Bragg told his prosecutors to quit prosecuting fare beating, resisting arrest and other nonviolent crimes. Major crime in NYC is up 22% last year over the prior year.
You just admitted that you were making shit up. You claimed he was refusing to prosecute assault and armed robbery. Now you're talking about non-violent crimes. Sounds like he's having his prosecutors prioritize violent crimes.

As for Donny, it sounds like he's being charged with exactly the same sort of stuff that got John Edwards charged and tried. So don't try to gaslight us into believing that he's being treated any differently than anyone else who did what he's being charged with doing. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#45 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:02 am

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:40 am
All district attorney and state attorney's offices have limited resources. They have to make charging decisions all the time. They make plea deals all the time. A whole lot of felony charges under the old regime got pled down to misdemeanors anyway. Bragg knows this; defense attorneys know this. The crimes that are no linger being prosecuted were often being committed by homeless people and others who don't present a real risk to public safety.

silverscreenselect

#46 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:26 am

A new CNN poll shows that 60% of the public approves of the Trump indictment. That includes 62% of independents.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/03/politics ... index.html