just a quick drive-by

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
KillerTomato

just a quick drive-by

#1 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I just wanted to rub it in...I'm in Maui, and you're not!

I really really REALLY wanna move here. Really.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Wed May 07, 2008 5:23 pm

One of things we did in Maui was whale watching. Is that on your agenda? Enjoy your visit and take lots of photos.

It was 87 and sunny here today. I was able to get in my pool and it was quite pleasant. Not exactly Maui, but I guess that will have to do for me anyway.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

KillerTomato

#3 Post by KillerTomato » Wed May 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Whale watching season ended a few weeks ago unfortunately. I'm kinda hoping we catch up to them when we cruise from here to Vancouver.

I was just thinking of Uly a coupleof minutes ago as I ordered fish tacos for lunch (he's the first person I ever saw eat them!). Luau tonight, touring the dormant volcano tomorrow, the 5 days at sea...

Did I mention that I REALLY wanna move here? :-)
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: just a quick drive-by

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Wed May 07, 2008 5:57 pm

KillerTomato wrote:I just wanted to rub it in...I'm in Maui, and you're not!

I really really REALLY wanna move here. Really.
Me, too. I hear there aren't many snakes.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Wed May 07, 2008 6:07 pm

KillerTomato wrote:Whale watching season ended a few weeks ago unfortunately. I'm kinda hoping we catch up to them when we cruise from here to Vancouver.

I was just thinking of Uly a coupleof minutes ago as I ordered fish tacos for lunch (he's the first person I ever saw eat them!). Luau tonight, touring the dormant volcano tomorrow, the 5 days at sea...

Did I mention that I REALLY wanna move here? :-)
I had fish tacos for the first time last week. It was served with a tangy, semi-spicy mango sauce and was surprisingly good. I have avoided eating them for years. I might even order them again. My friend and I split our order and one was enough for each of us.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

jaybee

#6 Post by jaybee » Wed May 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Had I not spent the day in beautiful, scenic Spring City Tennessee I might be upset at your post. However, I DID spend my day in beautiful, scenic Spring City, a place that can boast many varied attractions like having not only a McDonalds but also a Hardees.

Dammit! You're in Maui and I'm not
Jaybee

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:32 pm

The weather is here.

Wish you were beautiful.

:mrgreen:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:17 am

I loved how different each island is.

Oahu is not Maui and so on.

They each have something different to offer.

tanstaafl2

#9 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:16 am

Not a problem.

You do have lots of money, right?

You won't after you move there of course...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

geoffil

#10 Post by geoffil » Thu May 08, 2008 11:52 am

How nice!!! What part of Maui are you staying? The mall in Wailea has an ice cream store with the most wonderful ice cream.

Have a great time. The weather in Chicago is 58, windy, cold and rainy, just so you know.