Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 94

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 94

#1 Post by gsabc » Thu May 08, 2008 10:11 am

The interpreter looks to be set, with a caveat. BD asked her for somewhat less time than we really need. Ceremony is at 2 PM, but since HS is a participant, we would like to have the interpreter there starting at 1:00, then until near the end of the whole thing, which means 7:30 or 8:00. We also would like her at the rehearsal the day before.

The price she quoted is quite reasonable. Didn't even include travel or other expenses. GW and I need to talk with BD, then maybe get in touch with the interpreter ourselves to request the extra time. We'll offer travel and expense money, and also a hotel room if she wants one. She doesn't live too far away from the venue, but may not want to make two round trips (one Saturday for the rehearsal, one Sunday for the ceremony and reception).

Apropos of nothing here, but stemming from the Broadway internet channel I have on, Alan Rickman cannot sing.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

Alan Rickman cannot sing

I'm okay with that. He's wonderful anyway. He is my current crush.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

earendel

Re: Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 94

#3 Post by earendel » Thu May 08, 2008 10:29 am

gsabc wrote:Apropos of nothing here, but stemming from the Broadway internet channel I have on, Alan Rickman cannot sing.
I guess that means he won't be reprising his role as Snape in "Harry Potter: The Musical".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Alan Rickman cannot sing

I'm okay with that. He's wonderful anyway. He is my current crush.

t.
He's not my current crush, but I still like his acting. Good choice for Judge Turpin, IMO. I am SO looking forward to his scenes in the next movie, and how they handle the battle scene with Harry where Snape escapes.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.