A Mystery For The Ages

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm

Everybody seems to be confused by the new language requirements
U.S.—Following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Democrats nationwide have been accusing the Supreme Court of taking rights from “women.” Onlookers have confirmed this to be confusing, as it seems to suggest that Democrats do in fact know what a woman is.

“Women today have less freedom than their mothers!” Nancy Pelosi took the stand today to defend “women’s rights to make their own reproductive decisions.” Onlookers found themselves befuddled by the rhetoric about the “women’s right to choose,” since Pelosi should have no way of knowing what a woman is since she is not a biologist.

Trans activists have come out in opposition to this timely recollection of what a “woman” is, decrying Pelosi’s “exclusionary and transphobic language.” One activist, Jesse Wolfshine, explained that “inclusion of trans people starts with the erasure of women.”

Eyewitnesses confirm that Mx. Wolfshine backpedaled and looked flushed when she realized she had used the word “woman,” walking back her statement: “Only after women are gone can we progress – I mean, uterused people, since that's a woman part! I mean, that's a birthing person's part!"

Eyewitnesses confirm that Mx. Wolfshine still looks flustered while trying to erase women without using transphobic language, but still accidentally says “woman” after every two or three elaborate euphemisms for “women.”
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:56 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm
U.S.—Following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Democrats nationwide have been accusing the Supreme Court of taking rights from “women.” Onlookers have confirmed this to be confusing, as it seems to suggest that Democrats do in fact know what a woman is.

“Women today have less freedom than their mothers!” Nancy Pelosi took the stand today to defend “women’s rights to make their own reproductive decisions.” Onlookers found themselves befuddled by the rhetoric about the “women’s right to choose,” since Pelosi should have no way of knowing what a woman is since she is not a biologist.

Trans activists have come out in opposition to this timely recollection of what a “woman” is, decrying Pelosi’s “exclusionary and transphobic language.” One activist, Jesse Wolfshine, explained that “inclusion of trans people starts with the erasure of women.”

Eyewitnesses confirm that Mx. Wolfshine backpedaled and looked flushed when she realized she had used the word “woman,” walking back her statement: “Only after women are gone can we progress – I mean, uterused people, since that's a woman part! I mean, that's a birthing person's part!"

Eyewitnesses confirm that Mx. Wolfshine still looks flustered while trying to erase women without using transphobic language, but still accidentally says “woman” after every two or three elaborate euphemisms for “women.”
So now you're parroting the Babylon Bee?

https://babylonbee.com/news/weird-democ ... -it-means/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#53 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:33 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:56 pm
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm

So now you're parroting the Babylon Bee?

https://babylonbee.com/news/weird-democ ... -it-means/
Got a problem with that? Of course. Because I did it. I guess you create all the stupid pictures and dumb memes you post all by yourself?

You must be immune to examining your own hypocrisy if you read the bee and still think like you do.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#54 Post by Spock » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:18 pm

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:58 pm
BiT>>>"My opinion is much of the "trans" happenings are manufactured and that perhaps is why so many "trans" are depressed and suicidal. Not because of how anyone is treating them but how they think about themselves, because they have become someone they are not. Most clinically depressed and suicical folks are that way because they are ill and not because of what someone or everyone else says to them or treats them. Many drug addicts would not be addicts if it weren't for that person that first encouraged them (or at least did not discourage them) to "try it, you might like it". We didn't have as many "trans" folks in the past because those that might have had a moment (or phase) of confusion were not ecouraged and told to be "proud" and they eventually grew out of it, especially the young kids."<<<<

Yep.

I was thinking about how we handle other suicidal teen issues. "X" number of kids (it usually seems to be boys) commit suicide when a significant other breaks up with them.

How do we as adults handle a kid going through a tough breakup. Do we cater to his every whim and encourage him to wallow in his misery and say that you are right to feel suicidal etc etc such-or do we basically say "Suck it up, Buttercup"-get on with your life.

Similarly-I get bulimia and anorexia mixed up-but when we had the big wave of such in the 80's (comparable to the big transgender wave today with both probably driven by peer factors) did we cater to the anorexic girls' delusions and agree that "Yes, you are fat" etc etc.
No reasonable analysis or thinking allowed on this issue, Spock. You are a hateful, mean and thoughtless homophobic... no wait... trans-phobic?... no, um whatever-phobic bigot. Period. End of story.
I have been chuckling about this ever since I posted-Yep, we failed the Anorexic girls in the 1980's by not agreeing with them that they were fat. TPTB should have been telling them that they were right to think they were fat and school TPTB should have been operating behind parents' backs on treating anorexic girls by buying fully into their delusions.

Of course, some parents would have bought fully into the delusions and said stuff like-this is my daughter-she looks like she is skinny, but she identifies as fat so we consider her as our fat daughter.

Health consequences be damned. All that matters is fully buying into peoples' delusions.

flockofseagulls104

#55 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:33 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:18 pm
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:58 pm
BiT>>>"My opinion is much of the "trans" happenings are manufactured and that perhaps is why so many "trans" are depressed and suicidal. Not because of how anyone is treating them but how they think about themselves, because they have become someone they are not. Most clinically depressed and suicical folks are that way because they are ill and not because of what someone or everyone else says to them or treats them. Many drug addicts would not be addicts if it weren't for that person that first encouraged them (or at least did not discourage them) to "try it, you might like it". We didn't have as many "trans" folks in the past because those that might have had a moment (or phase) of confusion were not ecouraged and told to be "proud" and they eventually grew out of it, especially the young kids."<<<<

Yep.

I was thinking about how we handle other suicidal teen issues. "X" number of kids (it usually seems to be boys) commit suicide when a significant other breaks up with them.

How do we as adults handle a kid going through a tough breakup. Do we cater to his every whim and encourage him to wallow in his misery and say that you are right to feel suicidal etc etc such-or do we basically say "Suck it up, Buttercup"-get on with your life.

Similarly-I get bulimia and anorexia mixed up-but when we had the big wave of such in the 80's (comparable to the big transgender wave today with both probably driven by peer factors) did we cater to the anorexic girls' delusions and agree that "Yes, you are fat" etc etc.
No reasonable analysis or thinking allowed on this issue, Spock. You are a hateful, mean and thoughtless homophobic... no wait... trans-phobic?... no, um whatever-phobic bigot. Period. End of story.
I have been chuckling about this ever since I posted-Yep, we failed the Anorexic girls in the 1980's by not agreeing with them that they were fat. TPTB should have been telling them that they were right to think they were fat and school TPTB should have been operating behind parents' backs on treating anorexic girls by buying fully into their delusions.

Of course, some parents would have bought fully into the delusions and said stuff like-this is my daughter-she looks like she is skinny, but she identifies as fat so we consider her as our fat daughter.

Health consequences be damned. All that matters is fully buying into peoples' delusions.
The problem is, Spock, you think. There is no thinking allowed. All thinking is, and should, be done for you. If you're not sure what to think about any particular issue, just google it. There will be hundreds of people who've already done the goshdarn thinking for you. Why waste the time? You have other better things to do.

earendel

#56 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 pm

This question is for spock, flock, and BiT.

How many trans people do you personally know? From the attitudes you display I would guess the answer approaches zero. I say this because your attitudes presume that "it's just a phase" or "it's to garner attention", or "I want to be a superior athlete".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

BackInTex

#57 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:02 pm

earendel wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 pm

How many trans people do you personally know? From the attitudes you display I would guess the answer approaches zero. I say this because your attitudes presume that "it's just a phase" or "it's to garner attention", or "I want to be a superior athlete".
I know none currently, but two as young children. I know well the families of the two. One is accepting, the other is not.

I don’t know any mass murders either. Not saying trans folks are comparable but knowing what is normal and what is not does allow for opinions that are not completely without merit.

I have known folks who were severely mentally ill, delusional if you will. They were properly treated for not having a mind set in reality. They got better. Had we played along they would not have gotten better.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#58 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:02 pm
earendel wrote:

I know none currently, but two as young children. I know well the families of the two. One is accepting, the other is not.

I don’t know any mass murders either. Not saying trans folks are comparable but knowing what is normal and what is not does allow for opinions that are not completely without merit.

I have known folks who were severely mentally ill, delusional if you will. They were properly treated for not having a mind set in reality. They got better. Had we played along they would not have gotten better.
Well, as I said earlier-My nephew is either gay or trans (we are not sure) and I don't buy the fact that he was born that way. It was my sister's over-smothering parenting style that turned him that way. She smothered that kid since the day he was born. I have an axiom that if a boy has to struggle against his father it makes him a better man-but when a boy has to struggle against a smothering, overprotective mother he has nowhere to go and nothing to grab onto. That kid had nowhere to go-except become gay or trans.

A girl in my son's class (yes, we knew her) want to a liberal college and first became a lesbian with a girlfriend (she makes it very plain on FB that she hates straight white men) then she decided she was a guy and changed her name to a guy's name and kept the same girlfriend.

Li'l Spock often laughs about how she became a Straight, White Man (which is the thing she hates most).

Apparently, the first guy's name she chose wasn't good enough-so she just switched to another.

This is one bitter hateful girl (no, I will not call her a guy)with tremendous "Daddy" issues. Her dad left the family when she was young.

Spock

#59 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:59 pm

I do have to laugh about something with my sister.

Her greatest fear when her kids' were younger (the one in question just graduated) was that they just might get a smidgen of sunburn. OMG-the lectures we (and our kids) endured from her on that.

Now she has pride stuff all over Facebook proclaiming her pride in the fact that her son is going to indulge in less-than-healthy sexual practices.

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:12 am

Spock wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:49 pm
Well, as I said earlier-My nephew is either gay or trans (we are not sure) and I don't buy the fact that he was born that way. It was my sister's over-smothering parenting style that turned him that way. She smothered that kid since the day he was born. I have an axiom that if a boy has to struggle against his father it makes him a better man-but when a boy has to struggle against a smothering, overprotective mother he has nowhere to go and nothing to grab onto. That kid had nowhere to go-except become gay or trans.
That's a load of crap. People don't become gay because of how their parents treated them. They were born that way. It's like saying someone became left-handed because of how they were parented. Gays come from over-protective families. They also come from families with strict religious upbringings. It's not a bad habit you can unlearn or program yourself out of by going to camp or rehab. The notion that "mama's boys" become gay while "real men" don't has been disproved over and over. Some boys raised in a strict environment hide their desires out of a sense of self-protection. But they don't change who they are.

Your nephew is far more likely to lead a happy, well-adjusted life having gone through his teen years without having to hide who he is than someone who is traumatized by a strict anti-gay father.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

kroxquo

#61 Post by kroxquo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:59 am

Spock wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote:

A girl in my son's class (yes, we knew her) want to a liberal college and first became a lesbian with a girlfriend (she makes it very plain on FB that she hates straight white men) then she decided she was a guy and changed her name to a guy's name and kept the same girlfriend.

Li'l Spock often laughs about how she became a Straight, White Man (which is the thing she hates most).

Apparently, the first guy's name she chose wasn't good enough-so she just switched to another.

This is one bitter hateful girl (no, I will not call her a guy)with tremendous "Daddy" issues. Her dad left the family when she was young.
You keep using terms like "became a lesbian" and "decided she was a guy." Here is a question for you - When did you decide that you are heterosexual?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

wbtravis007

#62 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 am

Spock wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote:

Maybe if she had influenced him more to become obsessed about killing animals he would’ve had something else to think about when he would masturbate besides guys.

I think I see your point.

earendel

#63 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:12 am
That's a load of crap. People don't become gay because of how their parents treated them. They were born that way. It's like saying someone became left-handed because of how they were parented.
While I agree with your conclusion, your example leaves a bit to be desired. My wife is a natural left-hander, but she was "trained" to be right-handed by teachers who insisted that she use her right hand. Her penmanship, accordingly, leaves much to be desired, she knits "backwards", and has trouble using scissors.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

#64 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:17 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 am
That's a load of crap. People don't become gay because of how their parents treated them. They were born that way. It's like saying someone became left-handed because of how they were parented.
While I agree with your conclusion, your example leaves a bit to be desired. My wife is a natural left-hander, but she was "trained" to be right-handed by teachers who insisted that she use her right hand. Her penmanship, accordingly, leaves much to be desired, she knits "backwards", and has trouble using scissors.
I was born left-handed and was forced to become right-handed. My penmanship is terrible too. I'm ambidextrous for most things.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#65 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:19 am

earendel wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 am
Some gay men can and do marry and father children. Your wife is still left-handed; she just has developed a certain level of expertise through training in using her right hand as dominant.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com