A Mystery For The Ages

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Message
Author
User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11900
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#26 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:35 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm
Spock wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:49 pm
Setting aside any of the obvious mental health issues related to the Hulk thinking he is a girl.

I submit that the real problem is that he can look at the female rugby team photo and say-"Yep, that is where I belong."

Nothing but pure selfishness on his part.
No, pure selfishness and bigotry are demonstrated by your insistence on making yourself feel better by using male pronouns to refer to her, as well as your insistence that because she is transgender she necessarily has "obvious mental health issues." She just wants to play sports. --Bob
No. You're just wrong.
Spock and I refer to him with male pronouns because that is what he is. No hatred, no bigotry. Just fact.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13007
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm
No, pure selfishness and bigotry are demonstrated by your insistence on making yourself feel better by using male pronouns to refer to her, as well as your insistence that because she is transgender she necessarily has "obvious mental health issues." She just wants to play sports. --Bob
No. You're just wrong.
About what? That Spock's deliberate choice to use hurtful words to refer to someone he doesn't even know, merely because she's transgender evidences his bigotry, as does his cavalier assumption that transgender status necessarily means she has mental health issues? A deliberate decision to cause pain in this manner is just as much evidence of bigotry as would be an insistence on using the n-word to refer to Black people. --Bob
No. You're wrong.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20718
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:35 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm
No, pure selfishness and bigotry are demonstrated by your insistence on making yourself feel better by using male pronouns to refer to her, as well as your insistence that because she is transgender she necessarily has "obvious mental health issues." She just wants to play sports. --Bob
No. You're just wrong.
Spock and I refer to him with male pronouns because that is what he is. No hatred, no bigotry. Just fact.
And I'll continue to refer to your refusal to acknowledge her as a woman as bigotry, and you as bigots, because that's what it is and that's what you are. Just fact. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#29 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:35 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
No. You're just wrong.
Spock and I refer to him with male pronouns because that is what he is. No hatred, no bigotry. Just fact.
And I'll continue to refer to your refusal to acknowledge her as a woman as bigotry, and you as bigots, because that's what it is and that's what you are. Just fact. --Bob

Why am I not surprised you consider your opinion "fact"?
Given the Left's propensity to twist reality to suit their own "facts" you could be their poster child. If we could get a list of topics where we are to "trust the science" and another where we are to ignore it, that might be helpful.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20718
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:34 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:35 pm
Spock and I refer to him with male pronouns because that is what he is. No hatred, no bigotry. Just fact.
And I'll continue to refer to your refusal to acknowledge her as a woman as bigotry, and you as bigots, because that's what it is and that's what you are. Just fact. --Bob
Why am I not surprised you consider your opinion "fact"?
Given the Left's propensity to twist reality to suit their own "facts" you could be their poster child. If we could get a list of topics where we are to "trust the science" and another where we are to ignore it, that might be helpful.
Gender is a social construct, as is the use of gendered pronouns. Using the appropriate gendered pronouns to refer to transsexual individuals has nothing to do with science and everything to do with not being deliberately cruel to fellow human beings. Which is apparently too much to ask of far too many people. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#31 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:33 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:57 pm
No, pure selfishness and bigotry are demonstrated by your insistence on making yourself feel better by using male pronouns to refer to her, as well as your insistence that because she is transgender she necessarily has "obvious mental health issues." She just wants to play sports. --Bob
No. You're just wrong.
About what? That Spock's deliberate choice to use hurtful words to refer to someone he doesn't even know, merely because she's transgender evidences his bigotry, as does his cavalier assumption that transgender status necessarily means she has mental health issues? A deliberate decision to cause pain in this manner is just as much evidence of bigotry as would be an insistence on using the n-word to refer to Black people. --Bob
bob, I quote my representation here:
"Going by your own hypocritical and delusional narrative, counselor, it is interesting that you should assume being compared to a 'hulk' would be insulting to the person being referred to here. That is a very gender-phobic position to take. Perhaps larger and more developed trans-gender females prefer to identify themselves and take pride in their body size and shape. It is very possible, also, that even larger than average bio-females would and could identify and take pride in being referred to as 'hulk'. Hulk is not a perjorative, but a compliment to well-developed and muscular males. Why do you assume it is an insult to females or those who identify themselves as being the female gender? A deep-seated prejudice on your part, I conjecture.

Sir, you have no way of knowing what the case is. Unless and until this person comes to you, personally, with a complaint, you are slandering people based on nothing but prejudice and speculation on your part.

I would be careful about casting aspersions on other people. But in perusing your history on this site, you seem to have no shyness or hesitancy to do just that"
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11900
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#32 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:34 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm
And I'll continue to refer to your refusal to acknowledge her as a woman as bigotry, and you as bigots, because that's what it is and that's what you are. Just fact. --Bob
Why am I not surprised you consider your opinion "fact"?
Given the Left's propensity to twist reality to suit their own "facts" you could be their poster child. If we could get a list of topics where we are to "trust the science" and another where we are to ignore it, that might be helpful.
Gender is a social construct, as is the use of gendered pronouns. Using the appropriate gendered pronouns to refer to transsexual individuals has nothing to do with science and everything to do with not being deliberately cruel to fellow human beings. Which is apparently too much to ask of far too many people. --Bob
It is only a social construct for those who choose to ignore science and the English language. The word may be redefined by those wishing to project their wokeness or what they see as a virtue. But that is not the definition.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#33 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:34 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Why am I not surprised you consider your opinion "fact"?
Given the Left's propensity to twist reality to suit their own "facts" you could be their poster child. If we could get a list of topics where we are to "trust the science" and another where we are to ignore it, that might be helpful.
Gender is a social construct, as is the use of gendered pronouns. Using the appropriate gendered pronouns to refer to transsexual individuals has nothing to do with science and everything to do with not being deliberately cruel to fellow human beings. Which is apparently too much to ask of far too many people. --Bob
It is only a social construct for those who choose to ignore science and the English language. The word may be redefined by those wishing to project their wokeness or what they see as a virtue. But that is not the definition.
In my view, I will give them that gender may be fluid, but SEX is not.
bob can decide one day to act like a woman, dress like a woman, take drugs to lessen his testosterone or whatever else, get surgery to change his body. But his sex is still male, no matter what he does. He is free to do that, and I have no problem with that. And I hope he does.
But the minute he requires something from me, or he takes away something from someone else, he or she is oppressing someone else.
I don't have to accommodate your feelings. I have the choice whether I do or not. In this, and in any other aspect of human endeavor. PERIOD.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20718
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#34 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:34 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Why am I not surprised you consider your opinion "fact"?
Given the Left's propensity to twist reality to suit their own "facts" you could be their poster child. If we could get a list of topics where we are to "trust the science" and another where we are to ignore it, that might be helpful.
Gender is a social construct, as is the use of gendered pronouns. Using the appropriate gendered pronouns to refer to transsexual individuals has nothing to do with science and everything to do with not being deliberately cruel to fellow human beings. Which is apparently too much to ask of far too many people. --Bob
It is only a social construct for those who choose to ignore science and the English language. The word may be redefined by those wishing to project their wokeness or what they see as a virtue. But that is not the definition.
You are so insistent (apparently for religious reasons) on imposing your view of the proper use of English (which religion doesn't speak to) that you are willing to deliberately and knowingly cause pain to people simply because you don't like the choices they're making about their own lives. And you're willing to do so publicly in a manner designed to demean their choices.

As far as I'm concerned, it's bigotry, it's intolerance, and it's hateful. You are voluntarily choosing to cause pain when you could readily choose not to. And I will always speak out against that, so that the people who are targeted by this bigotry (including any who may read this Bored but have chosen not to reveal their choices for obvious reasons) know that they don't stand alone. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13007
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#35 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm

You're sorta off the wall.
Well, then

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20718
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm
You're sorta off the wall.
How many trans people in your life? How many of them have you had to listen to vent about people who deliberately misgender them? Why are you defending people who are deliberately causing pain for no reason other than to express disapproval of life choices that don't affect them in the slightest? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11900
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#37 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:34 pm
Gender is a social construct, as is the use of gendered pronouns. Using the appropriate gendered pronouns to refer to transsexual individuals has nothing to do with science and everything to do with not being deliberately cruel to fellow human beings. Which is apparently too much to ask of far too many people. --Bob
It is only a social construct for those who choose to ignore science and the English language. The word may be redefined by those wishing to project their wokeness or what they see as a virtue. But that is not the definition.
You are so insistent (apparently for religious reasons) on imposing your view of the proper use of English (which religion doesn't speak to) that you are willing to deliberately and knowingly cause pain to people simply because you don't like the choices they're making about their own lives. And you're willing to do so publicly in a manner designed to demean their choices.

As far as I'm concerned, it's bigotry, it's intolerance, and it's hateful. You are voluntarily choosing to cause pain when you could readily choose not to. And I will always speak out against that, so that the people who are targeted by this bigotry (including any who may read this Bored but have chosen not to reveal their choices for obvious reasons) know that they don't stand alone. --Bob
Glad to see we both agree it’s a choice.

What you are trying to do is exactly what you’re accusing me of doing. You are deliberately trying to cause pain (and perhaps legal or financial pain as the language you are using is very specific and consistent) to me and others because of our beliefs. I am not trying to cause pain, just abiding by my beliefs. That’s still my prerogative, right? You however are the aggressor in this.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 20718
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#38 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:08 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:02 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm
It is only a social construct for those who choose to ignore science and the English language. The word may be redefined by those wishing to project their wokeness or what they see as a virtue. But that is not the definition.
You are so insistent (apparently for religious reasons) on imposing your view of the proper use of English (which religion doesn't speak to) that you are willing to deliberately and knowingly cause pain to people simply because you don't like the choices they're making about their own lives. And you're willing to do so publicly in a manner designed to demean their choices.

As far as I'm concerned, it's bigotry, it's intolerance, and it's hateful. You are voluntarily choosing to cause pain when you could readily choose not to. And I will always speak out against that, so that the people who are targeted by this bigotry (including any who may read this Bored but have chosen not to reveal their choices for obvious reasons) know that they don't stand alone. --Bob
Glad to see we both agree it’s a choice.

What you are trying to do is exactly what you’re accusing me of doing. You are deliberately trying to cause pain (and perhaps legal or financial pain as the language you are using is very specific and consistent) to me and others because of our beliefs. I am not trying to cause pain, just abiding by my beliefs. That’s still my prerogative, right? You however are the aggressor in this.
It's a choice the way going to a doctor is a choice. But if you're suggesting that gender identity is a choice, you're wrong. Transsexuals can either suffer with a body that doesn't match their gender identity, or they can fix the problem. I'm glad they have the latter option.

And yes, you have the right to be a bigot and to air your bigotry. You also can choose to refer to Black people by using the n-word if you wish to. But those of us around you have the right to impose social sanctions when you do so, and if you expose your bigotry in a workplace setting I would expect that choice to have financial consequences for your employer, and therefore for you. That is the obligation all of us accept in exchange for living in a civil society. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#39 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:11 pm

How many of them have you had to listen to vent about people who deliberately misgender them?
Do they get to call people who misgender them ugly names?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
Beebs52
Queen of Wack
Posts: 13007
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Location: Location.Location.Location

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#40 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm
You're sorta off the wall.
How many trans people in your life? How many of them have you had to listen to vent about people who deliberately misgender them? Why are you defending people who are deliberately causing pain for no reason other than to express disapproval of life choices that don't affect them in the slightest? --Bob
I'm not defending people who cause pain. You're nuts
Well, then

User avatar
tlynn78
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Montana

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#41 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 pm
You're sorta off the wall.
How many trans people in your life? How many of them have you had to listen to vent about people who deliberately misgender them? Why are you defending people who are deliberately causing pain for no reason other than to express disapproval of life choices that don't affect them in the slightest? --Bob
I'm not defending people who cause pain. You're nuts
Frothingly
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#42 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:50 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm
How many trans people in your life? How many of them have you had to listen to vent about people who deliberately misgender them? Why are you defending people who are deliberately causing pain for no reason other than to express disapproval of life choices that don't affect them in the slightest? --Bob
I'm not defending people who cause pain. You're nuts
Frothingly
Indubitably
Or so says my legal representative. Not me.....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#43 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:25 am

I guess the real mystery of the ages is how, in the course of a decade or so, people like me, who have not changed their value systems at all, have become categorically WRONG on a myriad of issues, and have to be castigated, immediately and promptly corrected and shamed, and have to accept a new language and value system or face 'consequences' from those who have appointed themselves the arbiters of values.

I guess I was passed over in the enlightenment.

How did this ever come about?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

Spock
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#44 Post by Spock » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am

Bob#'s >>>You want to play that game? Fine. That woman is someone's daughter.Bob"<<<<

You are making a huge assumption based on your blinkered world view and you don't even realize it. You are making the assumption that his parents buy fully into his delusions and consider him their daughter.

Maybe they do-Maybe they don't. But by no means, do all parents buy into such delusions.

Or do you presume to speak for his parents?

User avatar
kroxquo
Posts: 2685
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: On the Road to Kingdom Come
Contact:

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#45 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am
Bob#'s >>>You want to play that game? Fine. That woman is someone's daughter.Bob"<<<<

You are making a huge assumption based on your blinkered world view and you don't even realize it. You are making the assumption that his parents buy fully into his delusions and consider him their daughter.

Maybe they do-Maybe they don't. But by no means, do all parents buy into such delusions.

Or do you presume to speak for his parents
I deal with trans students everyday in my school. Some of them have parents who are accepting, some who aren't. I have had trans students drop of school because they did not feel their school was safe for them. I have had trans students who have attempted suicide trying to deal with the issues in their lives. Trans sexualism has always existed; it is just that it is now beginning to be accepted. And it is not a delusion or a choice. If it was a choice, then you could answer the question, "When did you decide to be heterosexual?" These kids are hurting and need support. The least I and we as a society can do is address them as they would like.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#46 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:39 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am
Bob#'s >>>You want to play that game? Fine. That woman is someone's daughter.Bob"<<<<

You are making a huge assumption based on your blinkered world view and you don't even realize it. You are making the assumption that his parents buy fully into his delusions and consider him their daughter.

Maybe they do-Maybe they don't. But by no means, do all parents buy into such delusions.

Or do you presume to speak for his parents
I deal with trans students everyday in my school. Some of them have parents who are accepting, some who aren't. I have had trans students drop of school because they did not feel their school was safe for them. I have had trans students who have attempted suicide trying to deal with the issues in their lives. Trans sexualism has always existed; it is just that it is now beginning to be accepted. And it is not a delusion or a choice. If it was a choice, then you could answer the question, "When did you decide to be heterosexual?" These kids are hurting and need support. The least I and we as a society can do is address them as they would like.
Pronouns are used to refer to people in the second or third person. As far as I know, there are no 'required' language changes that are mandated (by whatever authority thinks they have that power) for addressing a trans-person face to face.

People, krox, are people. And they always have been and they always will be. Some are compassionate, some are cruel. Everything in the spectrum of human behavior exists in this world. Especially when they are young. We all had problems that felt like they were the world coming to an end when we were teenagers. As we grow older, we hopefully learn that the world is not a perfect place, and everything isn't fair and we're able to cope. Some never do, unfortunately.

I would like to see a world where trans-people are accepted for who they are, and that trans-people feel they are accepted for who they are.

But culture cannot be changed overnight and it cannot be changed by force. Like everything else, the more you push, the more pushback you will get.

Just MHO.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

Spock
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#47 Post by Spock » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:03 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am
Bob#'s >>>You want to play that game? Fine. That woman is someone's daughter.Bob"<<<<

You are making a huge assumption based on your blinkered world view and you don't even realize it. You are making the assumption that his parents buy fully into his delusions and consider him their daughter.

Maybe they do-Maybe they don't. But by no means, do all parents buy into such delusions.

Or do you presume to speak for his parents
I deal with trans students everyday in my school. Some of them have parents who are accepting, some who aren't. I have had trans students drop of school because they did not feel their school was safe for them. I have had trans students who have attempted suicide trying to deal with the issues in their lives. Trans sexualism has always existed; it is just that it is now beginning to be accepted. And it is not a delusion or a choice. If it was a choice, then you could answer the question, "When did you decide to be heterosexual?" These kids are hurting and need support. The least I and we as a society can do is address them as they would like.
Everybody uses the excuse that we have to accept the kid as being transgender or they will commit suicide.

Well, where were all the teen suicides in 1954 for all the transgender kids who could find absolutely no support in that society? Weren't they hurting then?

We are now telling these kids that they have a right to consider suicide unless their every whim is catered to. Plus these kids aren't stupid and they don't live in a vacuum. They know how to find stuff on the internet and leverage everything they possibly can.

My sister's kid is either Gay or Transgender-we are not sure-and of course she immediately jumps to the "he will commit suicide unless we cater to his every whim."

Born that way, my ass, I have been concerned about that kid because of her overly smothering parenting style since he was born-he had no where else to go except being gay or trans.

Plus if he is trans-she will have the ultimate liberal woman's status symbol.

User avatar
BackInTex
Posts: 11900
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: In Texas of course!

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#48 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:38 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:03 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm
Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:05 am
Bob#'s >>>You want to play that game? Fine. That woman is someone's daughter.Bob"<<<<

You are making a huge assumption based on your blinkered world view and you don't even realize it. You are making the assumption that his parents buy fully into his delusions and consider him their daughter.

Maybe they do-Maybe they don't. But by no means, do all parents buy into such delusions.

Or do you presume to speak for his parents
I deal with trans students everyday in my school. Some of them have parents who are accepting, some who aren't. I have had trans students drop of school because they did not feel their school was safe for them. I have had trans students who have attempted suicide trying to deal with the issues in their lives. Trans sexualism has always existed; it is just that it is now beginning to be accepted. And it is not a delusion or a choice. If it was a choice, then you could answer the question, "When did you decide to be heterosexual?" These kids are hurting and need support. The least I and we as a society can do is address them as they would like.
Everybody uses the excuse that we have to accept the kid as being transgender or they will commit suicide.

Well, where were all the teen suicides in 1954 for all the transgender kids who could find absolutely no support in that society? Weren't they hurting then?

We are now telling these kids that they have a right to consider suicide unless their every whim is catered to. Plus these kids aren't stupid and they don't live in a vacuum. They know how to find stuff on the internet and leverage everything they possibly can.

My sister's kid is either Gay or Transgender-we are not sure-and of course she immediately jumps to the "he will commit suicide unless we cater to his every whim."

Born that way, my ass, I have been concerned about that kid because of her overly smothering parenting style since he was born-he had no where else to go except being gay or trans.

Plus if he is trans-she will have the ultimate liberal woman's status symbol.
My opinion is much of the "trans" happenings are manufactured and that perhaps is why so many "trans" are depressed and suicidal. Not because of how anyone is treating them but how they think about themselves, because they have become someone they are not. Most clinically depressed and suicical folks are that way because they are ill and not because of what someone or everyone else says to them or treats them. Many drug addicts would not be addicts if it weren't for that person that first encouraged them (or at least did not discourage them) to "try it, you might like it". We didn't have as many "trans" folks in the past because those that might have had a moment (or phase) of confusion were not ecouraged and told to be "proud" and they eventually grew out of it, especially the young kids.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#49 Post by Spock » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:58 pm

BiT>>>"My opinion is much of the "trans" happenings are manufactured and that perhaps is why so many "trans" are depressed and suicidal. Not because of how anyone is treating them but how they think about themselves, because they have become someone they are not. Most clinically depressed and suicical folks are that way because they are ill and not because of what someone or everyone else says to them or treats them. Many drug addicts would not be addicts if it weren't for that person that first encouraged them (or at least did not discourage them) to "try it, you might like it". We didn't have as many "trans" folks in the past because those that might have had a moment (or phase) of confusion were not ecouraged and told to be "proud" and they eventually grew out of it, especially the young kids."<<<<

Yep.

I was thinking about how we handle other suicidal teen issues. "X" number of kids (it usually seems to be boys) commit suicide when a significant other breaks up with them.

How do we as adults handle a kid going through a tough breakup. Do we cater to his every whim and encourage him to wallow in his misery and say that you are right to feel suicidal etc etc such-or do we basically say "Suck it up, Buttercup"-get on with your life.

Similarly-I get bulimia and anorexia mixed up-but when we had the big wave of such in the 80's (comparable to the big transgender wave today with both probably driven by peer factors) did we cater to the anorexic girls' delusions and agree that "Yes, you are fat" etc etc.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: A Mystery For The Ages

#50 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 pm

Spock wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:58 pm
BiT>>>"My opinion is much of the "trans" happenings are manufactured and that perhaps is why so many "trans" are depressed and suicidal. Not because of how anyone is treating them but how they think about themselves, because they have become someone they are not. Most clinically depressed and suicical folks are that way because they are ill and not because of what someone or everyone else says to them or treats them. Many drug addicts would not be addicts if it weren't for that person that first encouraged them (or at least did not discourage them) to "try it, you might like it". We didn't have as many "trans" folks in the past because those that might have had a moment (or phase) of confusion were not ecouraged and told to be "proud" and they eventually grew out of it, especially the young kids."<<<<

Yep.

I was thinking about how we handle other suicidal teen issues. "X" number of kids (it usually seems to be boys) commit suicide when a significant other breaks up with them.

How do we as adults handle a kid going through a tough breakup. Do we cater to his every whim and encourage him to wallow in his misery and say that you are right to feel suicidal etc etc such-or do we basically say "Suck it up, Buttercup"-get on with your life.

Similarly-I get bulimia and anorexia mixed up-but when we had the big wave of such in the 80's (comparable to the big transgender wave today with both probably driven by peer factors) did we cater to the anorexic girls' delusions and agree that "Yes, you are fat" etc etc.
No reasonable analysis or thinking allowed on this issue, Spock. You are a hateful, mean and thoughtless homophobic... no wait... trans-phobic?... no, um whatever-phobic bigot. Period. End of story.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling

Post Reply