RIP Silvercamaro

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Weyoun

Re: RIP Silvercamaro

#26 Post by Weyoun » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:14 am

RIP. A force of nature.

tlynn78

#27 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 am
kayrharris wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm
LB, in looking for contact information I’m sad to say the Gridiron Show is no longer. Me and my fear of dogs and Annie slept with me two nights. 90 pounds of dog and she took up the whole bed. Our late night after show IHOP meals with much laughter. Me getting in and out of that Camaro! What a sight to behold and yes, getting you all the way to Oklahoma and socializing with us, I think Beebs was riding with you when you had a wreck in front of Whataburger after leaving the bowling alley.

I have been very sad. Remember the good times. We had plenty.

kay

Sprots was along for that ride from hell too. We were headed there from the bowling alley, which was another Gridiron tradition, at least for me and Sprots...

I also didn't know if I still had this photo because Photobucket is holding my images for ransom, but luckily I uploaded it to my blog at some point in time....
Silvercamaro posing with the LBN, from Gridiron 2010
lb13
Priceless memories - I'm gutted for us, but I can already see her running her Wyoming ranch with "50 or so head of dog" and her reunion with her precious pups. Gah!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

jaybee

#28 Post by jaybee » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:22 am

"50 or so head of dog"

That is so perfect!
Jaybee

tlynn78

#29 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm

jaybee wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:22 am
"50 or so head of dog"

That is so perfect!
Her own words, from years ago..
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

MarleysGh0st

#30 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:22 pm

melleon wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 pm
Saddest week in Bored history.
It sure is. Losing Donna last week and now learning that we've lost Judy. :cry:

I only met Judy in person once, six years ago when I was passing through Oklahoma on my way to the west coast. But that hardly begins to describe a friendship that lasted through two decades of the Bored.

RIP, Judy.

TheSearchIsOn

#31 Post by TheSearchIsOn » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:52 am

Haven't posted in quite some time but had to stop by to express my sadness at the loss of christie1111 and silvercamaro. I miss the days of competing against them through the primetime show's Enhanced TV and reading their posts here on the bored. They will both be missed.
President, Big Taste Nation

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#32 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Judy had an aggressive brain cancer that took her within months.
Lizbit and Wiki are with friends.

Thanks to Bob J for the lead to her kiddos.
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#33 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:46 am
kayrharris wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm
LB, in looking for contact information I’m sad to say the Gridiron Show is no longer. Me and my fear of dogs and Annie slept with me two nights. 90 pounds of dog and she took up the whole bed. Our late night after show IHOP meals with much laughter. Me getting in and out of that Camaro! What a sight to behold and yes, getting you all the way to Oklahoma and socializing with us, I think Beebs was riding with you when you had a wreck in front of Whataburger after leaving the bowling alley.

I have been very sad. Remember the good times. We had plenty.

kay

Sprots was along for that ride from hell too. We were headed there from the bowling alley, which was another Gridiron tradition, at least for me and Sprots...

I also didn't know if I still had this photo because Photobucket is holding my images for ransom, but luckily I uploaded it to my blog at some point in time....
Silvercamaro posing with the LBN, from Gridiron 2010
lb13
Yep, I remember it like yesterday. I loved those Gridiron weekends. Judy took us through the Alfred P. Murrah Memorial during one of them. I can't remember when I was so moved. "A day like any other . . ."
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#34 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Damn! Glioblastoma? The same thing that took Ed Toutant, two of my friends, and John McCain.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#35 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:39 am

Beebs52 wrote:

Thank you for confirming this, as I was obviously worried about the fate of my best frien' forever...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Spock

#36 Post by Spock » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am

Damn.

I have tears in my eyes. She reached out and helped me at a tough time in my life.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#37 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am

Beebs52 wrote:

The Second Chance Animal Sanctuary of Norman does not have contact information to notify the family of donations. If someone thinks it is ok to let them know, Contact greta4760@sbcglobal.net Greta Pigg, Shelter manager
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

BackInTex

#38 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Does this bother anyone else?
Judith Marlene Murphy; 76, of Norman passed August 30th, 2021 in Tulsa (home hospice). Born Tulsa, raised in Casper, WY. No services scheduled. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Second Chance Animal Shelter- Norman.
That's it. In the Norman paper, Tulsa, Legacy.com. Her name was Judith, and she is dead.

I know Judy was not our biological family, but she was family. She meant a lot to many of us. Would it be improper for us, as a group, to post an obituary (or tribute) on the Norman Transcript? I think others in Judy's life should know she had a life and meant so much to so many people.

Perhaps Skoop being a professional news writer could write up something worthy of our SilverCamaro. I'll help pay the bill.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#39 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:44 pm
Judith Marlene Murphy; 76, of Norman passed August 30th, 2021 in Tulsa (home hospice). Born Tulsa, raised in Casper, WY. No services scheduled. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to Second Chance Animal Shelter- Norman.
That's it. In the Norman paper, Tulsa, Legacy.com. Her name was Judith, and she is dead.

I know Judy was not our biological family, but she was family. She meant a lot to many of us. Would it be improper for us, as a group, to post an obituary (or tribute) on the Norman Transcript? I think others in Judy's life should know she had a life and meant so much to so many people.

Perhaps Skoop being a professional news writer could write up something worthy of our SilverCamaro. I'll help pay the bill.
I think commenting on her Transcript obit is sufficient. I don't think overriding her kids' efforts is wise.
Well, then

BackInTex

#40 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm
BackInTex wrote:

I think commenting on her Transcript obit is sufficient. I don't think overriding her kids' efforts is wise.
What "kids' efforts".

That's my point.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#41 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

What "kids' efforts".

That's my point.
Taking care of her and posting the obit.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#42 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

What "kids' efforts".

That's my point.
Legacy.com handles obituary notices for the Atlanta Journal as well. Unless someone is a celebrity whose death is considered newsworthy and gets a news obituary, the Journal only accepts paid notices from funeral homes. The funeral home submits the obituary and pays the paper for space, same as a want ad. I would assume that the cost of the notice is part of the overall fee to the home for their services. I'm sure the funeral home gets the input from the family about the contents and style of the obituary notice.

Looking at today's AJC, some of the obituary notices were very brief, only name, age, and funeral home in charge. Others add the time and date of services while others resemble traditional obituaries. People could sign the digital guestbook or make a donation to any of the listed charities for that person on the obituary page on Legacy.com. I looked through a few recent obituaries and the comments seemed to be either condolences to the family or brief notes about what a wonderful person he or she was.

I'm sure we can all sign the guestbook and add our personal comments. I don't know how much space they allow for those comments.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Ritterskoop

#43 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:09 pm

Obits in print newspapers now cost a ridiculous amount of money. It is obscene, but that is the business model when your owners are hedge funds just waiting for you to go out of print so they can sell the building.

I vote we be kind to Judy's sons on this message board, because they are going to end up here at some point. Sean has hinted that he will tell some stories from inside the studio, and Danny took care of Judy in her final days (hence, the mention of hospice in Tulsa).

I get where folks are coming from, but the world is different now. We are writing her obituary here in this thread. Keep telling stories!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#44 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm

I also will bet anyone $10 that everything that has happened, has happened exactly the way Judy said she wanted it.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#45 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm
I also will bet anyone $10 that everything that has happened, has happened exactly the way Judy said she wanted it.

Rec
Well, then

BackInTex

#46 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:18 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
You think Judy didn't want anyone here to know she died and for it to not even be clear that the Judith Murphy in her obit was even our Judy and that we have to read the condolences to put the pieces together to come to a conclusion that it was her? And that after her stealth death those she didn't want to know she had died she would want to post condolences on the obit page? I don't.

I don't think she'd want those that knew her casually to think she died alone, childless, with her only interest in life to be dogs. And if she were my mother, I wouldn't want that either.

I'll drop this now, but I think you are wrong. The situation makes me sad.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#47 Post by Spock » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:29 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:18 am
Ritterskoop wrote:
You think Judy didn't want anyone here to know she died and for it to not even be clear that the Judith Murphy in her obit was even our Judy and that we have to read the condolences to put the pieces together to come to a conclusion that it was her? And that after her stealth death those she didn't want to know she had died she would want to post condolences on the obit page? I don't.

I don't think she'd want those that knew her casually to think she died alone, childless, with her only interest in life to be dogs. And if she were my mother, I wouldn't want that either.

I think, maybe even more than her death, I am absolutely stunned that, of anyone here, her death was not known here. I always took her as the person here with the most real-life connections.

Ritterskoop

#48 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:37 am

BackInTex wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:

She was not alone. She was in Tulsa with her son Danny and his wife. Hospice means at home; Tulsa means Danny.

I respect your grief and anger.
--------

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#49 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:37 am
BackInTex wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:

She was not alone. She was in Tulsa with her son Danny and his wife. Hospice means at home; Tulsa means Danny.

I think BiT's point is that a person's obituary should detail things like that... which it rarely does now for reasons you pointed out.

I don't necessarily agree with that... but then again, I don't get the whole funeral phenomenon either. It all seems just another way for people to make money, and off of tragedy no less... and it would be against MY wishes despite what others might ASSUME...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#50 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:25 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am
Ritterskoop wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:37 am
BackInTex wrote:

I think BiT's point is that a person's obituary should detail things like that... which it rarely does now for reasons you pointed out.

I don't necessarily agree with that... but then again, I don't get the whole funeral phenomenon either. It all seems just another way for people to make money, and off of tragedy no less... and it would be against MY wishes despite what others might ASSUME...

lb13
I have a policy with the Neptune Society. I have told my family I don't want a funeral.

I do promise you, however, that if I have a terminal condition and am able to, I will post about it here.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.