So, Are You Vaccinated People Living Your Best Life This Summer?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

So, Are You Vaccinated People Living Your Best Life This Summer?

#1 Post by Spock » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Or, are you cowering in fear again?

Let's see-last 3 weekends, I have been to 2 well-attended county fairs, an outdoor concert, a large parade etc-with nary a mask to be seen. Plus, the obvious crowded travel situation to the 3rd World in June.

The Spock family is carrying natural immunity from having had it last fall.

Bob Juch

Re: So, Are You Vaccinated People Living Your Best Life This Summer?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 pm

Good luck.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

franktangredi

#3 Post by franktangredi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:27 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Let's see-last 3 weekends, I have been to 2 well-attended county fairs, an outdoor concert, a large parade etc-with nary a mask to be seen. Plus, the obvious crowded travel situation to the 3rd World in June.

I never was cowering in fear. And my life is just fine. And don't be an asshole.

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:23 pm

Great to hear. You must feel so brave.

I’ve taken a trip to Alaska. I’m going on another trip next week

Of course, I’m vaccinated and I do use some sensible precautions.

wbtravis007

#5 Post by wbtravis007 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:41 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:23 pm
ICM!

Took the words that I wish had been in my mouth right out of it — (my imaginary mouth with those words in it).

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:20 pm

Spock wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Actually, I'm spending the weekend concerned about one of my partners. Who appears to have contracted the virus. Again. After having contracted it early last year and then gotten vaccinated when he became eligible.

I'd say it's pretty good odds he got it from an asshole like you who couldn't be bothered to take a simple step to protect others. The Delta variant is a bitch. And you can go fuck yourself. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:20 pm

I'd say it's pretty good odds he got it from an asshole like you who couldn't be bothered to take a simple step to protect others. The Delta variant is a bitch. And you can go fuck yourself. --Bob
I’d say the odds are better he got it from someone like you, vaccinated and self righteous. He probably hangs around mostly vaccinated people. He probably wears a mask. Yet he got it despite having what should be natural Immunity from already having it and also fully vaccinated.

So what does this tell us? Being vaccinated will not protect you from getting it. So how do you think the odds are he got it from an unvaccinated person. Most of those I hear getting the delta variant are vaccinated, and can give it to others as the others are not concerned about being around vaccinated folks.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:49 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:33 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
I’d say the odds are better he got it from someone like you, vaccinated and self righteous. He probably hangs around mostly vaccinated people. He probably wears a mask. Yet he got it despite having what should be natural Immunity from already having it and also fully vaccinated.

So what does this tell us? Being vaccinated will not protect you from getting it. So how do you think the odds are he got it from an unvaccinated person. Most of those I hear getting the delta variant are vaccinated, and can give it to others as the others are not concerned about being around vaccinated folks.
The vast majority of the people in the hospital from the virus are unvaccinated. Even though roughly half of the people in the country are vaccinated. And you can't point me to a single instance of anyone dying from the vaccine.

The vaccine gives good protection from illness. Not perfect, but good. Even against the Delta variant. And since he has young kids, he doesn't always have a choice about whom he hangs out with.

You go right on defending the right of the unvaccinated to get the rest of us sick. To use up hospital rooms that some of the rest of us may need for other things. But I think that we've pretty much reached the point where most of the American public is willing to switch from carrots to sticks. And I'm one of them. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

triviawayne

#9 Post by triviawayne » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 am

If only all these fucking morons out there who refuse to get the vaccine would just stop crying and being politically motivated by every aspect of their lives, gain some common fucking sense and get the damn shot...yeah, I would be living my best life this summer.

But you just can't fix fucking stupid.

Weyoun

#10 Post by Weyoun » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 am

wbtravis007 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:41 pm
Weyoun wrote:
ICM!

Took the words that I wish had been in my mouth right out of it — (my imaginary mouth with those words in it).
I consider it stolen valor.

I still get nightmares about last December. This coward is claiming he’s something special because he won’t wear a mask.

“Grandpappy, what did you do during the pandemic?”

“Well I went to the county fair three weekends in a row.”

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 am
wbtravis007 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
ICM!

I still get nightmares about last December. This coward is claiming he’s something special because he won’t wear a mask.

Kind of reminds me of the jackasses in fire country who won't clear brush from around their house because property rights, thereby putting their neighbors' property at risk as well as their own. --Bob

ne1410s

#12 Post by ne1410s » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am

Spock ,“Does this gun make my dick look big?”, posts his usual drivel and some respond to his trolling allowing him to read them while touching himself. It’s a puzzlement.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

triviawayne

#13 Post by triviawayne » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 am

ne1410s wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am
Spock ,“Does this gun make my dick look big?”, posts his usual drivel and some respond to his trolling allowing him to read them while touching himself. It’s a puzzlement.
You’re assuming he can find his dick

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:12 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 am
If only all these fucking morons out there who refuse to get the vaccine would just stop crying and being politically motivated by every aspect of their lives, gain some common fucking sense and get the damn shot...yeah, I would be living my best life this summer.

Yes, you can:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:49 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

The vast majority of the people in the hospital from the virus are unvaccinated. Even though roughly half of the people in the country are vaccinated. And you can't point me to a single instance of anyone dying from the vaccine.

The vaccine gives good protection from illness. Not perfect, but good. Even against the Delta variant. And since he has young kids, he doesn't always have a choice about whom he hangs out with.

You go right on defending the right of the unvaccinated to get the rest of us sick. To use up hospital rooms that some of the rest of us may need for other things. But I think that we've pretty much reached the point where most of the American public is willing to switch from carrots to sticks. And I'm one of them. --Bob
Bob, did your friend get COVID by visiting a COVID ward in the hospital? If not, you are off topic and deflecting from your original assumption that your friend got COVID (a 2nd time even after being vaccinated) from someone who is unvaccinated, and indirectly blaming Spock. Now your friend is subject to blame if someone in his circle gets sick.

Is there evidence that someone who is vaccinated, but gets COVID, can't transmit? I haven't seen anything. So I'll repeat what I said above, that your friend is just as likely to have contracted the virus from someone who is vaccinated but got sick.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

bazodee

#16 Post by bazodee » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:52 pm

The only data I've read is that virtually all of those with the Delta variant are indeed unvaccinated. Very few vaccinated people have ended up in the hospital and none has died. The statistical void remains that relatively few people are now getting tested for COVID so we don't have reliable population numbers.

One cannot conclude that most people who are infected got it from vaccinated or unvaccinated people. Both are possible, but tracing infection to its source takes time and usually only offers a probabilistic assessment. The Provincetown cohort is really the only evidence we have right now of a large number of vaccinated people being in a crowded, non-socially distancing environment and all we know is how many ended up in the hospital.

Do unvaccinated people tend to hang out in non-socially distanced situations more than vaccinated people? We may overlay some {political} assumptions on this, but at this point, we really don't know.

wbtravis007

#17 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:51 pm

ne1410s wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:27 am
ICM!

I love that line. Surprised I've never heard it.

triviawayne

#18 Post by triviawayne » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:12 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:25 am

Yes, you can:
Taking the time to wait for this natural selection process to take place is too long

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#19 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Bob, did your friend get COVID by visiting a COVID ward in the hospital? If not, you are off topic and deflecting from your original assumption that your friend got COVID (a 2nd time even after being vaccinated) from someone who is unvaccinated, and indirectly blaming Spock. Now your friend is subject to blame if someone in his circle gets sick.

Is there evidence that someone who is vaccinated, but gets COVID, can't transmit? I haven't seen anything. So I'll repeat what I said above, that your friend is just as likely to have contracted the virus from someone who is vaccinated but got sick.
So now you want the vaccinated, who are doing what they're supposed to do to protect others as well as themselves, to take responsibility for avoiding the irresponsible unvaccinated.

No. As far as I'm concerned, it's time to isolate the voluntarily unvaccinated from public life. No entry to public transit or to airplanes without proof of vaccination. CDC should use its public health powers to mandate that businesses require proof of vaccination (or a medical reason not to be vaccinated) for entry. And courts should start finding that voluntarily unvaccinated people who insist on participating in public life are presumptively liable in tort for any cases caught by anyone with whom they come into contact. If it wasn't their fault, let them prove it. Otherwise they can pay the medical bills and lost wages resulting from a preventable illness.

As I've said in another post, this conduct is just like people in fire zones standing on their property rights to refuse to clear brush or other flammable material from their property, thereby endangering their neighbors as well as themselves. We don't tolerate that, nor should we. When necessary, we send in the government to clear the brush for them. And when we do, we send them the bill. --Bob

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

So now you want the vaccinated, who are doing what they're supposed to do to protect others as well as themselves, to take responsibility for avoiding the irresponsible unvaccinated.

No. As far as I'm concerned, it's time to isolate the voluntarily unvaccinated from public life. No entry to public transit or to airplanes without proof of vaccination. CDC should use its public health powers to mandate that businesses require proof of vaccination (or a medical reason not to be vaccinated) for entry. And courts should start finding that voluntarily unvaccinated people who insist on participating in public life are presumptively liable in tort for any cases caught by anyone with whom they come into contact. If it wasn't their fault, let them prove it. Otherwise they can pay the medical bills and lost wages resulting from a preventable illness.

As I've said in another post, this conduct is just like people in fire zones standing on their property rights to refuse to clear brush or other flammable material from their property, thereby endangering their neighbors as well as themselves. We don't tolerate that, nor should we. When necessary, we send in the government to clear the brush for them. And when we do, we send them the bill. --Bob

Great idea! Even better, let's make them wear armbands, put them on trains to internment camps, and toss 'em in an oven. That'll fix it.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:07 am

Bob#s: "The vast majority of the people in the hospital from the virus are unvaccinated."

A report came out of England last week that stated 60% of their COVID hospitalizations were individuals who'd had two vaccines. The speaker then reported he'd misspoken, and that 60% were actually unvaccinated individuals. One could extrapolate that then 40% of England's COVID hospitalizations were of individuals with at least some vaccine on board.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:19 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:07 am
Bob#s: "The vast majority of the people in the hospital from the virus are unvaccinated."

A report came out of England last week that stated 60% of their COVID hospitalizations were individuals who'd had two vaccines. The speaker then reported he'd misspoken, and that 60% were actually unvaccinated individuals. One could extrapolate that then 40% of England's COVID hospitalizations were of individuals with at least some vaccine on board.
One need not extrapolate. The facts are available. Of those in the hospital, 14.1% had received both doses. Some of those undoubtedly caught the disease prior to the two-week benchmark for full effectiveness.

Compare that to the percentage of the UK population that has been fully vaccinated (much higher than 14.1%) and you see that vaccination makes a huge difference in keeping you out of the hospital. --Bob

franktangredi

#23 Post by franktangredi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am

Weyoun wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
ICM!

Nobody responds to you because they know you actually know something. But you won a long time ago.

BackInTex

#24 Post by BackInTex » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:44 am

franktangredi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:20 am
Weyoun wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:

ICM!

Nobody responds to you because they know you actually know something. But you won a long time ago.
Two corrections:

1) “Grandpappy, what did you do during the pandemic?” "I continued to produce food to feed the masses rather rather than shutdown farming operations in fear."

2) And I have and continue to respond to Weyoun. As he continues to respond to me.

Many consider Weyoun and others in his field, heroes for putting themselves at risk to save lives during the pandemic. I have no problem with that, and tend to agree with the label. But when those "heroes" wear their new badge with honor while dismissing the contributions of someone who also continued to do their part in keeping people alive (producing food) because they wear their bravado openly as well, it makes them seem less than thankful for the contribution of those they seem to consider as mere serfs.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Well, then