Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine Put on Sudden Hold in US

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine Put on Sudden Hold in US

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am

Sure, I have full confidence in vaccines developed at "Warp Speed" by Big Pharma with minimal testing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/p ... a-cdc.html

>>>"Injections of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine came to a sudden halt in much of the country on Tuesday after federal health agencies called for a pause in the vaccine’s use following the emergence of a rare blood clotting disorder in six recipients."<<<

Bob Juch

Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine Put on Sudden Hold in US

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 am

Spock wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am
Sure, I have full confidence in vaccines developed at "Warp Speed" by Big Pharma with minimal testing.

>>>"Injections of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine came to a sudden halt in much of the country on Tuesday after federal health agencies called for a pause in the vaccine’s use following the emergence of a rare blood clotting disorder in six recipients."<<<
That's less than one in a million. No reasonable drug trial could detect that possibility.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 am
Spock wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am

That's less than one in a million. No reasonable drug trial could detect that possibility.
Two things.

First, FDA "recommends" a hold on further vaccinations with the J&J vaccine.
Second, the clotting is probably more likely than someone not being able to get an ID to vote.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:02 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:11 pm
First, FDA "recommends" a hold on further vaccinations with the J&J vaccine.
Second, the clotting is probably more likely than someone not being able to get an ID to vote.
“The pause is a prudent step to take, because when very serious adverse events occur that are also very rare, what matters most is ‘very serious,’” said John Moore, an immunologist at Weill Cornell Medicine. “Not only are individual members of the public at some risk, but so is the wider confidence in the Covid-19 vaccines. It’s a reasonable but unproven assumption that the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccine safety concerns are linked by being related to an immune response against an adenovirus component, So, FDA and scientists need time to better understand what is going on, which means a pause is the right course of action.”
This is a pause to allow the FDA and CDC to properly evaluate the risk. In the meantime, over 72,000 new cases were reported yesterday.

I'd add that the Biden administration recommended this pause as part of their effort towards full transparency regarding the disease, unlike Trump who tried to muzzle the CDC and turn it into a propaganda arm of his administration while while touting bleach and ultra violet rays.

Of course, one way to look at this is that if people like Spock and his Sons of the Pioneers buddies keep fear mongering and risk propagating, there will be fewer votes for Republican candidates in 2022, which may help offset some of the voter suppression efforts going on.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com