'Nashville' back for season 5

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

'Nashville' back for season 5

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:21 am

The show had been cancelled but now has been picked up by another network (CMT).

http://tvline.com/2016/06/10/nashville- ... ouncement/
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

tlynn78

Re: 'Nashville' back for season 5

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 am

Ritterskoop wrote:The show had been cancelled but now has been picked up by another network (CMT).

This make me happy! If I could just get them to let me write for them now.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:The show had been canceled but now has been picked up by another network (CMT).

This make me happy! If I could just get them to let me write for them now.
Write scripts or songs? My friend Jaida Dreyer had several songs on the show.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Typically, hour-long shows need 100 episodes before they are viable for syndication packages (cable networks and independent stations will run them five days a week). So, there was every incentive to keep the show going for another season. That's the same reason Person of Interest got picked up this season, and probably why Elementary was renewed for next season.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:08 am

Bob Juch wrote:My friend Jaida Dreyer had several songs on the show.
You seem to be unaware that your constant name-dropping can easily be discredited on the web.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:30 am

Estonut wrote:
You seem to be unaware that your constant name-dropping can easily be discredited on the web.
Do tell! If it's so easy, please demonstrate. Is there a website that lists all people who are friends of Bob Juch? Seems like that might need frequent revisions. Jaida Dreyer is from Thunder Bay, Ontario, but I know Bob gets around.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:17 am

TheConfessor wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Do tell! If it's so easy, please demonstrate. Is there a website that lists all people who are friends of Bob Juch? Seems like that might need frequent revisions. Jaida Dreyer is from Thunder Bay, Ontario, but I know Bob gets around.
Twitter. My "find on this page" function maxes out at 100 hits and I'm not about to count them. He has tweeted her over a hundred times. She has responded to him 4 times, 3 of which she did not call him a dick. It is clear from the interaction that she doesn't know him.

He has made similar claims before, with the same type of interaction on the web.

He also has claimed (several times) that Charles Kline is a friend of his. What he doesn't know is that one of my best friends from high school is Charley's brother-in-law. I asked him to ask Charley what he remembers about Bob Juch. Charley said he doesn't know who that is.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:00 am

TheConfessor wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Thanks, Ed. She lives in Nashville. We met in person in 2008 when she was just getting started. I've loved watching her success grow.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:05 am

Estonut wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:
Estonut wrote:You seem to be unaware that your constant name-dropping can easily be discredited on the web.
Twitter. My "find on this page" function maxes out at 100 hits and I'm not about to count them. He has tweeted her over a hundred times. She has responded to him 4 times, 3 of which she did not call him a dick. It is clear from the interaction that she doesn't know him.

He has made similar claims before, with the same type of interaction on the web.

He also has claimed (several times) that Charles Kline is a friend of his. What he doesn't know is that one of my best friends from high school is Charley's brother-in-law. I asked him to ask Charley what he remembers about Bob Juch. Charley said he doesn't know who that is.
Jaida and I do most of our interactions via email. I feel you're stalking me. Quit it.

Charley Kline and I were both members of the UCLA Computer Club. Charley taught me the language SNOBOL. I'm not surprised he doesn't remember me; we haven't been in contact since UCLA. I'll bet you're not even pronouncing my last name properly.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Jaida and I do most of our interactions via email.
If getting on an artist's (e-)mailing list makes them a friend, then I'm friends with Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Peter Gabriel and scores of others.
Bob Juch wrote:I'm not surprised he doesn't remember me; we haven't been in contact since UCLA.
That would not be true if he were a friend, as you've claimed several times.
Bob Juch wrote:I'll bet you're not even pronouncing my last name properly.
I've never pronounced it.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:06 am

Estonut wrote: If getting on an artist's (e-)mailing list makes them a friend, then I'm friends with Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Peter Gabriel and scores of others.
I'm a friend of the Nigerian oil minister and many attractive young women from the Ukraine. They've told me so on numerous occasions.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Craig Paquette
Merry Man

#12 Post by Craig Paquette » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:18 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Jaida and I do most of our interactions via email.
If getting on an artist's (e-)mailing list makes them a friend, then I'm friends with Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Peter Gabriel and scores of others.

I am proud to call you a friend!
Craig Paquette, baseball legend and proud endorser of The Nest!