Doomsday is upon us

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sir_Galahad

#76 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote:4. He opposes the gay marriage ban.
Why should this be a federal issue?
Sir_Galahad wrote:6. He is a proponent of global warming.
I find this implausible. Are you saying he thinks global warming is a good thing? --Bob
I'm not saying anything. I was asked why I thought McCain was a liberal and I listed the points I thought were germane to the question. I agree that I don't believe these to be federal issues but they do apply when it comes to the way a person thinks and why I believe him to be a liberal (or, at least, sufficiently left of center).
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#77 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote:4. He opposes the gay marriage ban.
Why should this be a federal issue?
Sir_Galahad wrote:6. He is a proponent of global warming.
I find this implausible. Are you saying he thinks global warming is a good thing? --Bob
I'm not saying anything. I was asked why I thought McCain was a liberal and I listed the points I thought were germane to the question. I agree that I don't believe these to be federal issues but they do apply when it comes to the way a person thinks and why I believe him to be a liberal (or, at least, sufficiently left of center).
But that's my first point. The conservative movement, as I have always understood it from my admittedly liberal perspective, generally opposes federal intervention into state perogatives. And what could be more of a state perogative than the definition of marriage?

My second point was a snarky way of saying that I think you used the wrong word -- I suspect you're trying to say that he agrees with the Bush Administration that global warming is a real phenomenon. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Sir_Galahad

#78 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
My second point was a snarky way of saying that I think you used the wrong word -- I suspect you're trying to say that he agrees with the Bush Administration that global warming is a real phenomenon. --Bob
No, I believe he panders to those who think global warming is a crisis that is caused wholly by man's inappropriate uses of natures resources.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

Bixby17

#79 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
No, I believe he panders to those who think global warming is a crisis that is caused wholly by man's inappropriate uses of natures resources.
I don't think that is what people who are concerned with global warming think.