Skoop's Idol Shortcuts for 2/5

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Skoop's Idol Shortcuts for 2/5

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Spoiler
Passers:

:02-:06 Josh
:13-:18 Asia'h (I liked her) could make it past Hollywood week
:23-:26 Brooke This season's Kelly Pickler? I will puke if she makes it past Hollywood)
:37-:38 Alexandra
:47-:49 Amanda ROCKER CHICK and NURSE! Two male fantasies rolled into one! Be still my palpatating heart! Could be a Top 24'er
:54-end Josiah compelling story...has possibilities..I wanna hear more from this kid.

Tomorrow..."the best and the worst of the rest"..we'll see some more passers (and train wrecks) from the previous 7 shows..

Next week..on to Hollywood!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm

I admired Asia'h for being able to perform. I hope she was able to make it home in time for the service. She had a very pretty speaking voice.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Sir_Galahad

#3 Post by Sir_Galahad » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:34 am

Brooke (or was it Alexandra?) had an odd voice. It reminded me of when you are in a stadium trying to listen to someone singing the Anthem and you can also hear them because you're close enough. You get a slight delay between the voice and that which comes over the PA system. Well, that what she sounded like. I didn't care for it.

I liked Amanda. She might be the surprise of the year.

I thought Josiah was a pity pick. He was OK but not good enough, in my book, to make it to H-Wood.

I was surprised that the beauty queen's voice was as good as it was (or was that Brooke?? I don't know names this early on)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

starfish1113

#4 Post by starfish1113 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:40 pm

I was watching Josiah and thinking, that really sucks that they broadcast this great story of somebody like him and then he gets up there and is really bad. I was shocked when they said they liked him. In my view, this was an absolute pity pick.

As for Brooke, I love Simon's comments. Paraphrasing..."She might be the most annoying contestant ever. I'm disappointed that she can actually sing." Or something like that.

KillerTomato

#5 Post by KillerTomato » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:31 pm

starfish1113 wrote:I was watching Josiah and thinking, that really sucks that they broadcast this great story of somebody like him and then he gets up there and is really bad. I was shocked when they said they liked him. In my view, this was an absolute pity pick.

I thought the same about Asia'h. I think that, had she not had a sad story to tell, she'd have never made it to Hollywood. She wasn't horrible, but she wasn't great, either.

But then, I thought that about SEVERAL contestants so far this year. I'm waiting to hear somebody I really like, except maybe that one rock-y guy with the stringy hair and beard.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:31 pm

I thought that there was something interesting in Josiah that warranted further investigation. He didn't have a great voice, but I had a feeling that that there is some musical substance to him. Time will tell, I s'pose.

Brooke is this year's Pickler it seems. Heaven help us if she makes it to the Top 24, as the Votefortheworst crew will latch on to her and keep her annoying butt on the show for weeks.

I am still in love with Amanda the Harley riding rocker nurse.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck