"Show What You Know" Learning Fair

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Appa23

"Show What You Know" Learning Fair

#1 Post by Appa23 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:46 am

After we moved schools from last year, we decided to bring some ideas to the new school.

One of them was to expand on the idea of a science fair. My wife helped chair the "Show What You Know" committee. Students at every level could do a project on nearly any topic that they desire, within the guidelines given for the grades. IIRC, 5th grade will have science projects, and 4th grade will have social studies or history projects. Students in other grades will present projects that interested them in science, math, english, music, phys ed, . . . well, you get the idea.

Originally, I was going to help The Boy with infrared light and remote controls (as it was one of the science experiments that he previously got as a Christmas gift.) However, on Monday, he decided that he was going to do a presentation on "How Doctors Remove Birth Moles." :) He will be going with us next week when we talk to the surgeon, and he has been preparing 5 questions that he wants to ask the doctor.

Meanwhile, Princess Peanut will be presenting an Introduction to Ballet. My wife has taken photos of her demonstrating the basic positions and basic moves. We then will get simple write-ups from the Internet to help with the explanation.

(BTW, last year, The Boy's Learning Fair fell during the time that my wife and I were still at the hospital with the baby. He had taken some very good photos of family, friends, teachers, and toys in showing a depiction of a day in his life.)