PT-BAM Transcripts: Nik Bonaddio (8/18/09)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-BAM Transcripts: Nik Bonaddio (8/18/09)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

ROF
Kristin Leum, Tampa, FL
Randy Miller, Bear, DE
Mia Poole, Brooklyn, NY
Christine Horowitz, Staten Island, NY
Don Wisenor, Trotwood, OH
Bob Finnegan, Milford, CT
Donna Bittmann, Pittston Township, PA
Brett Schulenberg, Flower Mound, TX
Nik Bonaddio, New York, NY
Leslie Salyer, Louisville, KY

FF#1
Put these vampire-themed books by Stephenie Meyer in the order they were published, starting with the earliest.
A. New Moon B. Twilight
C. Breaking Dawn D. Eclipse

Correct
Kristin Leum- 7.88
Nik Bonaddio - 7.24
Leslie Salyer - 8.59

Nik Bonaddio
New York, NY

Nik is the "lead designer for a popular dating web site" but he does not use the site for his own use as he does not want to mix business with pleasure.

Topic list
100- Rating System
200- Ask Your Doctor
300- Count on It
500- Smells Delicious
1000- It's a Drawl
2K- Mr Yankovic
4K- Googly Eyes
8K- I Love Ü
16K- On the Record
25K- Ready to Rumble
50K- Sports Stars
100K- Great Idea!
250K- The Two Davids
500K- Goodnight Moon
1MM- Travels with George

100- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, a G-rated movie should not show what?
A. Rainbows B. Nudity
C. Laughter D. Michael Moore in spandex

200- Miracle-Ear is a leading brand of which of these medical devices?
A. Dentures B. Asthma inhaler
C. Hearing aid D. Pacemaker

300- Counting sheep is often said to be a cure for which of these conditions?
A. Angina B. Insomnia
C. Hypertension D. Halitosis

500- Which of these dessert recipes commonly includes the direction "Bake until golden brown"?
A. Apple pie B. Jello
C. Rice pudding D. Chocolate mousse

1000- What U.S. state is home to a major city that is often pronounced "N'awlins"?
A. Vermont B. Alaska
C. Louisiana D. Colorado

2000- Because he's a vegetarian, who once refused Weird Al's request to record a parody of "Live and Let Die" titled "Chicken Pot Pie"?
A. Eric Clapton B. Paul McCartney
C. Mick Jagger D. Rod Stewart

Nik interrupts and gives his final answer before Regis reads the choices out loud.

4000- In a recent ad campaign, a stack of money with googly eyes pops up in odd places, representing "the money you could be saving with" whom?
A. Geico B. Aflac
C. Esurance D. Allstate

Nik: "I'll tell you, Reege, I got the song in my head right now, and am ready to go dancing with it, but the final answer is... (the right answer given)"

The celeb, Wynonna Judd, is introduced before the break
They broght back Doug Van Gundy, a $250K winner from the first series, and replayed his $250K winning question. At the time he was the highest winner ever but he was eclipsed four days later. He says his unusal reaction to the $250K winning was because he was warned not to clap before the microphone which is really sensitive.

Nik describes himself as an "old-fashioned" guy and he finds his dates through his own friends, etc

8000- What pronunciation mark is depicted above the "u" in the title of the 2009 comedy "Brüno"?
A. Tilde B. Circumflex
C. Umlaut D. Cedilla

16K- Published continuously since 1942, the newspaper for U.S. soldiers and servicemen overseas has what patriotic name?
A. The Eagle B. Daily Constitution
C. The Liberty Bell D. Stars and Stripes

Nik "I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is"

ATA
Spoiler
A-8% B-7% C-5% D-80%
Nik "that's what I thought it was"

25K- In the acclaimed 2008 movie "The Wrestler," Mickey Rourke plays an aging pro wrestler who goes by what nickname in the ring?
A. Havoc B. The Ram
C. The Truth D. Inferno

Nik says he did not see the movie and maybe this would have been a good one for the audience. He chooses to PAF and has a choice of two college buddies Matt from NY and David from Pittsburgh. He chooses Matt from New York NY

PAF call at :07
Spoiler
Nik asks Matt the name of Mickey Rourke's character in The Wrestler. Regis prompts Nik that is not the question. Nik reads the four choices and Matt says "Oh, The Ram. Definitely, 100% sure". Regis says it was a nickname.
$50K- Tied for second place with Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant on a 2009 Forbes list of highest paid athletes, Kimi Raikkonen is a what?
A. Racecar driver B. Boxer
C. Soccer player D. Golfer

$100K- What famous work originated the popular phrase, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"?
A. Dickens' "Oliver Twist" B. Joyce's "Ulysses"
C. Melville's "Billy Budd" D. Shakespeare's "Henry VI, Part II"

Ask the Expert at :34
Spoiler
Gwen Ifill thinks it is Shakespeare and gives reasons that the others appear illogical. Nik tries to see if Gwen has it narrowed to C & D since she was stronger against A and B. Gwen was leaning more to D specifically

$250K- The name of Barack Obama's senior advisor, David Axelrod, is also the name of the love interest in what 80s romance film?
A. Some Kind of Wonderful B. Say Anything
C. Endless Love D. An Officer and a Gentleman

Nik has it narrowed down to C or D but not sure which so he leaves with $100K.

Answers
FF: B-A-D-C
100- B. Nudity :06
200- C. Hearing Aid :08
300- B. Insomnia :07
500- A. Apple Pie :08
1000- C. Louisiana :09
2000- B. Paul McCartney (officially :26)
4000- A. Geico :20
8000- C. Umlaut :21
16K- D. Stars and Stripes (:12)
25K- B. The Ram :05
50K- A. Racecar driver :31
100K- D. Shakespeare's "Henry VI, Part II" (:33)
250K - C. Endless Love (walk with :09 left)

Kazoo65

Re: PT-BAM Transcripts: Nik Bonaddio (8/18/09)

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 pm

ATA on $25K. Didn't see movie.

PaF on $50K. No idea-never heard of this person.

I knew $100K cold. This has been on J! a lot.

Either I'd ATE on $250K or walk. No idea.
I'm just a game show nerd.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:11 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$250K- The name of Barack Obama's senior advisor, David Axelrod, is also the name of the love interest in what 80s romance film?

I was very surprised that he was able to narrow down 2 of the 3 more obscure ones. I can't believe he didn't remember Louis Gossett Jr.'s Oscar-winning performance, which included him often berating Gere's character as "MAYOnnaise" (because his name was Mayo). He must not have seen the movie...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Estonut wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$250K- The name of Barack Obama's senior advisor, David Axelrod, is also the name of the love interest in what 80s romance film?

I was very surprised that he was able to narrow down 2 of the 3 more obscure ones. I can't believe he didn't remember Louis Gossett Jr.'s Oscar-winning performance, which included him often berating Gere's character as "MAYOnnaise" (because his name was Mayo). He must not have seen the movie...
I knew the $250K through elimination- I'd seen all of the other three movies.

Although, coincidentally, a few weeks ago when I was in the UK, I fell asleep with my TV still on, and when I woke up, Endless Love was on. Maybe I heard the character's name then, and that reinforced the choice in my head.
1979 City of Champions 2009

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:27 pm

$25K: I didn't see this movie, but I did read the Wikipedia synposis of it. But I still couldn't remember if his name was The Ram or The Truth. ATA.

$250K: I've seen D and I was pretty sure it wasn't that one. This would be a perfect PAF question.

So I'd be playing for $500K with ATE and DD.

Jeemie

#6 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 pm

I'd have been at the $500K with all four lifelines intact.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#7 Post by frogman042 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Forget the movie and song, but the book 'Endless Love' is amazingly good and has one of the great opening paragraphs of almost any book. Scott Spencer other books are also very good - but take my advice and read Endless Love (needless to say I knew this - the character David is a Physics student from Chicago)

Jeemie

#8 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:39 pm

frogman042 wrote:Forget the movie and song, but the book 'Endless Love' is amazingly good and has one of the great opening paragraphs of almost any book. Scott Spencer other books are also very good - but take my advice and read Endless Love (needless to say I knew this - the character David is a Physics student from Chicago)
I went and looked that up (the first paragraph) and I have to say:

Holy shit! That is one LONG sentence.

nbonaddio

#9 Post by nbonaddio » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 am

Hi everyone. Thank you for the discussion. :)

To clarify a few things, I was a phone-in contestant. Any other questions, I'm happy to answer them..even though it was two months ago. :)

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 am

nbonaddio wrote:Hi everyone. Thank you for the discussion. :)

To clarify a few things, I was a phone-in contestant. Any other questions, I'm happy to answer them..even though it was two months ago. :)
Congratulations, Nik, and welcome to the Bored!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 am

Welcome to the bored (sic). Congratulations on your appearance and a special congrats to your PAF.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

nbonaddio

#12 Post by nbonaddio » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:16 am

ulysses5019 wrote:

Welcome to the bored (sic). Congratulations on your appearance and a special congrats to your PAF.
Thank you to you both; it was an amazing experience. It's great that a lot of the players I competed against got to come back and play with Meredith - even though we were only together for six hours or so, they're all really fun and cool people and I'm glad they had their chance to play.

My life is generally slowing down from the craziness that was the past few months, so I'm finally allowing myself some time to breathe and actually talk about the experience. :D

NellyLunatic1980

#13 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:40 pm

nbonaddio wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Thank you to you both; it was an amazing experience. It's great that a lot of the players I competed against got to come back and play with Meredith - even though we were only together for six hours or so, they're all really fun and cool people and I'm glad they had their chance to play.

My life is generally slowing down from the craziness that was the past few months, so I'm finally allowing myself some time to breathe and actually talk about the experience. :D
Well, you may not have been on the Bored that long, but you definitely nailed our first rule about being on the show: Breathe. :D

nbonaddio

#14 Post by nbonaddio » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
nbonaddio wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Well, you may not have been on the Bored that long, but you definitely nailed our first rule about being on the show: Breathe. :D
That's funny, that's what the production accountant said to me right before I went on as well. I probably looked like I was going to spontaneously combust. Once I got to $1000, everything was much, much easier for me - my worry about embarrassing myself on National TV was mollified and at least I knew I was going home with something. :D