BAM Transcript: Debbie Wanner (10/2/09)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

BAM Transcript: Debbie Wanner (10/2/09)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Debbie Wanner
Reading, PA
Nursing Aide

Categories

Wars
Opera
U.S. Presidents
Strange Places
Movie Titles
Authors
South America
TV Pets
Tool Time
Nursery Rhymes
At the Bookstore
Crime & Punishment
Insects
Fruit
Consumer Brands

$500 (Consumer Brands)- Which of these brands urges consumers to spread its product all over their skin before going out in the sun?

A- Drano B- Coppertone
C- Aquafresh D- Heinz Extra Strength Ketchup
Spoiler
B- Coppertone (9)
$1,000 (Fruit)- Which of these fruits is considered a "stone fruit" because it has a hard central pit?

A- Pineapple B- Banana
C- Grapefruit D- Plum
Spoiler
D- Plum (11)
$2,000 (Insects)- Due to the distinct bands of yellow on its body, a common variety of wasp is known as a "yellow" what?

A- Blouse B- Sweater
C- Jacket D- Poncho
Spoiler
C- Jacket (11)
$3,000 (Crime & Punishment)- A punishment device in which a person's head and hands are locked in a wooden frame, a pillory is very similar to another device called what?

A- Sticks B- Stacks
C- Stocks D- Stucks
Spoiler
C- Stocks (10)
$5,000 (At the Bookstore)- Famed neurologist and best-selling author Oliver Sacks is wearing headphones on the cover of a 2007 book titled what?

A- Musicophilia B- Sculptophilia
C- Paintophilia D- Danceophilia

At 8 seconds, Debbie uses her ATA lifeline.

ATA Results: A- 85%, B- 6%, C- 3%, D- 6%

Spoiler
A- Musicophilia (7)
Commercial Break

Debbie is a "motorcycle mamma". She and her husband Chris did a 260-mile round trip to the audition on his bike ("He drove. I sat on the back"). Both she and her husband passed the test, and now Chris hopes Debbie "is as smart as she keeps saying she is".

At this point, the categories are first shown, and Debbie now has her ATE lifeline

$7,500 (Nursery Rhymes)- The village of Kilmersdon, England claims that a local hill is the real-life inspiration for what nursery rhyme?

A- Three Blind Mice B- Jack and Jill
C- Old King Cole D- Humpty Dumpty
Spoiler
B- Jack and Jill (25)
$10,000 (Tool Time)- Named for the web-like mesh that extends from its handle, a spider skimmer is commonly used for what?

A- Painting houses B- Repairing car engines
C- Raking leaves D- Cooking in hot liquids

At 19 seconds, Debbie uses her ATE lifeline.

Moe is all decked out, wearing an ascot. Meredith asks him what's up with that, and he responds he's just relaxing at home, and was getting tired of wearing a dickie.

Moe is leaning towards
Spoiler
D (not completely sure, since it's been a while since he's been a short order cook).
For sure, he knows it's not
Spoiler
A or C
Spoiler
and as for repairing car engines
, "I just do that with my hands".
Spoiler
D- Cooking in hot liquids (16)
$12,500 (TV Pets)- A beloved family pet on TV's "The Simpsons", Santa's Little Helper is a breed of what dog?

A- Weimaraner B- Dachshund
C- Greyhound D- Doberman pinscher
Spoiler
C- Greyhound (24)
$15,000 (South America)- English is the official language of which of these South American countries?

A- Uruguay B- Guyana
C- Suriname D- Paraguay

At 23 seconds, Debbie uses her PAF lifeline. Her PAF team is Carel (Reading, PA), Dave (Shillington, PA) and Claudia (Mohnton, PA). She goes with Claudia (Hinkle). At 15 seconds, Claudia asks for a repeat of the choices, and then responds "Paraguay" at 6 seconds.

Claudia answers D and leaves with $5,000
Spoiler
B- Guyana
Transcriber's note- so after the BAM equivalent of calling a timeout when you don't have one, we have a PAF dursting!

Commercial Break
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil Ken Sebbin

Re: BAM Transcript: Debbie Wanner (10/2/09)

#2 Post by Phil Ken Sebbin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:12 pm

So I hope I have a stack like this in a couple of weeks. I would be on to the 25k with all my LL intact.

C'mon, good stack!!
"Once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt."

"I had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

"Oooohhh, you wascally wabbit!" - Elmer Fudd

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:38 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$15,000 (South America)- English is the official language of which of these South American countries?

A- Uruguay B- Guyana
C- Suriname D- Paraguay

At 23 seconds, Debbie uses her PAF lifeline. Her PAF team is Carel (Reading, PA), Dave (Shillington, PA) and Claudia (Mohnton, PA). She goes with Claudia (Hinkle). At 15 seconds, Claudia asks for a repeat of the choices, and then responds "Paraguay" at 6 seconds.

Spoiler
B- Guyana
Transcriber's note- so after the BAM equivalent of calling a timeout when you don't have one, we have a PAF dursting!
And Debbie noted that she trusted Claudia's answer on this question because Claudia is from
"south of the border". Ouch!

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:42 pm

As I watched this while transcribing, I got momentarily freaked out because the choice I was looking for, Belize, didn't show up (I was just in Belize and had been reminded while there it was a former British colony).

And then, of course, after 5 seconds, I reminded myself, "Belize is in CENTRAL America, you big dope!"

Wonder if I had been in the Hot Seat when this came up whether or not that would have freaked me out.

Otherwise, no real issues- the $5K I never heard of, but hopefully would have reasoned out.
1979 City of Champions 2009

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Debbie Wanner
Reading, PA
Nursing Aide
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$15,000 (South America)- English is the official language of which of these South American countries?

A- Uruguay B- Guyana
C- Suriname D- Paraguay

Spoiler
B- Guyana
It helps to know that Guyana was once known as British Guiana (just as Suriname was Dutch Guiana).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:21 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500 (Consumer Brands)- Which of these brands urges consumers to spread its product all over their skin before going out in the sun?

A- Drano B- Coppertone
C- Aquafresh D- Heinz Extra Strength Ketchup
E- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter... just ask Cosmo Kramer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$12,500 (TV Pets)- A beloved family pet on TV's "The Simpsons", Santa's Little Helper is a breed of what dog?

A- Weimaraner B- Dachshund
C- Greyhound D- Doberman pinscher
Just like AnnieCamaro! :D

A- Uruguay B- Guyana
C- Suriname D- Paraguay

<sigh>®

Nihil obstat®