Transcript 09/07/09 Will Capp

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Re: Transcript 09/07/09 Will Capp

#26 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Will Capp
Tampa, FL
Navy veteran
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith tells us about the Tournament of Ten and that the show is guaranteeing a million dollar winner. The tournament will be in November and have the ten biggest winners from today’s show up to the tournament.
How can Meredith "guarantee" a $1M winner?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith introduces today’s ATE, John Carpenter, the first million dollar winner of the U.S. version of WWTBAM.
Well, well, CindyBAM finally recognizes its older sibling. But no mention of the fact that the first 9 contestants are holdovers from the PTBAM special?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K England’s Prince Harry made his first-ever vist to the U.S. in 2009 to participate in what charity event?
A. Art auction
B. Ballet recital
C. Yacht christening
D. Polo match

PAF (6)

Will’s PAF team:

John from North Port, FL – a friend
Trish from Odessa, FL – Will’s mom
Danielle from Tampa, FL – Will’s friend’s wife

PAF – John

John says he doesn’t know as time runs out.

ATE (1)

John says he’s not sure. He thinks a polo match would be a very British Royalty kind of thing to do. At best he is only 61% sure.

DD (1)

Will’s first choice is correct.

Spoiler
D. Polo match (1)
I don't know this one. Polo sounds like the most likely of the four, but at this level I don't want to leave lifelines behind. ATA doesn't seem promising, and this doesn't look like a good Google question, so might as well ATE. Since he confirms my belief, I go with that answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K In the U.S. where the inmate population is the largest in the world, roughly what fraction of adults is currently incarcerated?
A. 1 in 100
B. 1 in 600
C. 1 in 6,000
D. 1 in 10,000
Spoiler
A. 1 in 100 (6)
I don't know this one, either, but this time it looks like a Google PAF can pull this up.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100K What popular women’s magazine began in the 1930s as a menu leaflet handed out at A&P supermarkets?
A. Redbook
B. Good Housekeeping
C. Women’s Day
D. Ladies’ Home Journal

With one second remaining, Will makes “Good Housekeeping” his final answer.
Will leaves with $25K.

Spoiler
C. Women’s Day (1)
I've still got ATA and DD remaining. ATA probably won't help so let's DD and make A and C our final answers. That puts me at the $250K question with ATA still on the table. Not promising, but one never knows.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#27 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 am

themanwho wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:So I guessed wrong! :wink:
I would have guessed phone, too, if only for his agressive style of play.

-M
I wonder how many of these nine will have been influenced by Fresca's run to the million?

MarleysGh0st

#28 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith introduces today’s ATE, John Carpenter, the first million dollar winner of the U.S. version of WWTBAM.
Well, well, CindyBAM finally recognizes its older sibling. But no mention of the fact that the first 9 contestants are holdovers from the PTBAM special?
Yes, IIRC, they began the episode with a group shot of Meredith and the ROF holdovers.

I'm still waiting for one of the ROFers to remark that he or she is the first contestant in the history of SyndieBAM to reach the Hot Seat via the Phone Game, but I suspect that milestone will pass by without mention. :|

BTW, did anyone else notice another innovation on yesterday's episode? In the middle of one of the commercial breaks, they had a sneak preview of one of today's questions!

Jeemie

#29 Post by Jeemie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 am

earendel wrote:
themanwho wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:So I guessed wrong! :wink:
I would have guessed phone, too, if only for his agressive style of play.

-M
I wonder how many of these nine will have been influenced by Fresca's run to the million?
Well- since the only question he played overly-aggressively was the $1 million one, and he bombed, that would not be a good model to follow, now would it?

At least- not without understanding WHY he did it (in his mind, he wasn't just guessing. I don't know if Will was guessing on his or truly thought he knew it, but I'm reasonably certain Kazia was just outright guessing).
1979 City of Champions 2009

themanwho

#30 Post by themanwho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:BTW, did anyone else notice another innovation on yesterday's episode? In the middle of one of the commercial breaks, they had a sneak preview of one of today's questions!
I noticed that too. And the question seemed mighty familiar.

-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

earendel

#31 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:
Yes, IIRC, they began the episode with a group shot of Meredith and the ROF holdovers.

I'm still waiting for one of the ROFers to remark that he or she is the first contestant in the history of SyndieBAM to reach the Hot Seat via the Phone Game, but I suspect that milestone will pass by without mention. :|

BTW, did anyone else notice another innovation on yesterday's episode? In the middle of one of the commercial breaks, they had a sneak preview of one of today's questions!
They also identified the expert before the contestant reached the $1K plateau, which is new (or at least they did on yesterday's show).

themanwho

#32 Post by themanwho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 am

themanwho wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:BTW, did anyone else notice another innovation on yesterday's episode? In the middle of one of the commercial breaks, they had a sneak preview of one of today's questions!

-M
Spoiler
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11179

And that is why. Who knew they raised the cost of postage again?
-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

MarleysGh0st

#33 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 am

themanwho wrote:
themanwho wrote:

-M
Spoiler

-M
Spoiler
I remembered. But since I'm getting used to buying Forever stamps, it's getting harder to remember what the current rate is.

And looking at the stamps doesn't help at all! :wink:

gsabc

#34 Post by gsabc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:53 am

themanwho wrote:
themanwho wrote:

-M
Spoiler

-M
Spoiler
Me. It helps to be a sweepstaker.

You want to raise the difficulty level? Ask how much it costs to mail a standard postcard.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.