PT-WWTBAM Transcript 8/12/09 - Angela Watt

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-WWTBAM Transcript 8/12/09 - Angela Watt

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:25 am

FFQ: Put these celebrity jailbirds in the order in which they served their prison sentences, starting with the earliest:
A. Paris Hilton B. Khloe Kardashian
C. Martha Stewart D. Lil' Kim
Spoiler
C. Martha Stewart
D. Lil' Kim
A. Paris Hilton
B. Khloe Kardashian
The times:

Bryant Gomm -
Angela Watt - 7.99s
Aaron Min -
Melissa Storms -
Ron Kaplan -
Maria Tedesco -
Carmel Trela -
Stephen Collazo -
Annaka Nava -

Angela Watt
Oxford, MI

Angela is the mother of 5-year-old twin boys. She's originally from Ft. Wayne, IN.

Her category tree:

You'll Be Glad
Paper Boy
Desk-In-Chief
History Books
Star Wars
The Long Walk
Namely Speaking
Proper Pronunciation
On A Roll
Measure of Money
Ocean Liner
Working Title
Creature Feature
Loudmouths
World Figures

$100 (World Figures): Which of these Wonders of the Ancient World features a triangular figure in its name?
A. Great Pyramid at Giza B. Temple of Artemis
C. Statue of Zeus at Olympia D. Leaning Tower of Doritos
Spoiler
A. Great Pyramid at Giza (5)
$200 (Loudmouths): Famous for his signature cry of "GOOOOOOLLLLL!", Andres Cantor is a popular announcer in what sport?
A. Basketball B. Soccer
C. Baseball D. Tennis
Spoiler
B. Soccer (10)
$300 (Creature Feature): Which of these creatures has eyestalks, movable appendages that feature the animal's eyes at the tips?
A. Alligator B. Panda bear
C. Lobster D. Bald eagle
Spoiler
C. Lobster (7)
$500 (Working Title): Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill star in a 2009 movie aptly titled what?
A. Old People B. Sexy People
C. Funny People D. Poor People
Spoiler
C. Funny People (8)
$1,000 (Ocean Liner): The Earth's equator passes through all but which fo these oceans?
A. Pacific B. Indian
C. Atlantic D. Arctic

When Angela mentions how bad she is at geography, Regis decides to ask her to "think about it..." and repeats the answers (slowly) to the point where, with 1 second on the clock, Angela has to interrupt and say she'll use a lifeline and ATA.
ATA results
A. Pacific - 3%
B. Indian - 8%
C. Atlantic - 3%
D. Arctic - 86%
Angela says "That's what I thought,
Spoiler
D
, Final Answer" before the clock even starts up again.
Spoiler
D. Arctic (1)
$2,000 (Measure of Money): At 1.95 millimeters thick, which of these U.S. coins is the thickest?
A. Penny B. Nickel
C. Dime D. Quarter

Angela isn't sure, and decides to DD (19). Her first answer is
Spoiler
D
, which is incorrect. Her second answer is correct.
Spoiler
B. Nickel (15)
$4,000 (On a Roll): What "extreme" athlete sparked a minor controversy in 2009 when he skateboarded through the Grand Foyer of the White House?
A. Shaun White B. Dave Mirra
C. Kelly Slater D. Tony Hawk
Spoiler
D. Tony Hawk (16)
In order to make sure there's enough time for the Celebrity Crapfest, Regis says that Angela will be back tomorrow to go for $8,000 with two lifelines (ATE and PAF) remaining (at 8:50 PM).

Jeemie

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 8/12/09 - Angela Watt

#2 Post by Jeemie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 am

No problems thus far.

Boy, did Regis mess with her on the $1K. That was a "clock" lifeline more than anything else.

The coin question can be tough in such a short time, but with 30 seconds, can be done.
1979 City of Champions 2009

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 (Loudmouths): Famous for his signature cry of "GOOOOOOLLLLL!", Andres Cantor is a popular announcer in what sport?
A. Basketball B. Soccer
C. Baseball D. Tennis
Technically, the correct answer is football. I know that Andres Cantor announces several matches in the U.S., but he is most well-known for announcing matches of Latin America teams.

Nihil obstat®

Jeemie

#4 Post by Jeemie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 (Loudmouths): Famous for his signature cry of "GOOOOOOLLLLL!", Andres Cantor is a popular announcer in what sport?
A. Basketball B. Soccer
C. Baseball D. Tennis
Technically, the correct answer is football. I know that Andres Cantor announces several matches in the U.S., but he is most well-known for announcing matches of Latin America teams.

Nihil obstat®
You put "football" as an answer choice, and you're just screwing with your AMERICAN constestants.

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:07 am

Jeemie wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
A. Basketball B. Soccer
C. Baseball D. Tennis

Nihil obstat®
You put "football" as an answer choice, and you're just screwing with your AMERICAN constestants.
:P

Appa23

#6 Post by Appa23 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
A. Basketball B. Soccer
C. Baseball D. Tennis

Nihil obstat®
Technically, Cantor announces nearly all of his futbol matches in the United States . . . from the studios of Telemundo. :wink:

hbomb1947

#7 Post by hbomb1947 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 am

Jeemie wrote:No problems thus far.

Boy, did Regis mess with her on the $1K. That was a "clock" lifeline more than anything else.
I disagree that it was a "clock" lifeline. Most people don't need 30 seconds to figure out that the equator doesn't go through the Arctic Ocean. And this one was also more straightforward than the "igloo" question that a sleep-deprived Anthony ATA'd on yesterday.

Jeemie

#8 Post by Jeemie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:07 am

hbomb1947 wrote:

I disagree that it was a "clock" lifeline. Most people don't need 30 seconds to figure out that the equator doesn't go through the Arctic Ocean. And this one was also more straightforward than the "igloo" question that a sleep-deprived Anthony ATA'd on yesterday.
I think it was because Regis started talking "Now go through the answers..."- that's what brought the clock down to 1.

hbomb1947

#9 Post by hbomb1947 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Jeemie wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:

I think it was because Regis started talking "Now go through the answers..."- that's what brought the clock down to 1.
That didn't help, but most contestants wouldn't need to "go through the answers" on a question like that one . . .

hanzz

#10 Post by hanzz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:48 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $1,000 (Ocean Liner): The Earth's equator passes through all but which fo these oceans?
A. Pacific B. Indian
C. Atlantic D. Arctic

When Angela mentions how bad she is at geography, Regis decides to ask her to "think about it..." and repeats the answers (slowly) to the point where, with 1 second on the clock, Angela has to interrupt and say she'll use a lifeline and ATA.
ATA results
A. Pacific - 3%
B. Indian - 8%
C. Atlantic - 3%
D. Arctic - 86%
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Arctic (1)
Oy. There really should be no excuse for the lack of such basic geographical knowledge as this. I think this was the audience trying to Durst her.
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

tanstaafl2

#11 Post by tanstaafl2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:10 pm

hanzz wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $1,000 (Ocean Liner): The Earth's equator passes through all but which fo these oceans?
A. Pacific B. Indian
C. Atlantic D. Arctic

ATA results
A. Pacific - 3%
B. Indian - 8%
C. Atlantic - 3%
D. Arctic - 86%
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
D. Arctic (1)
Oy. There really should be no excuse for the lack of such basic geographical knowledge as this. I think this was the audience trying to Durst her.
You must not be watching the same CindyBAM, PT BAM, etc as I am (OK, technically I never "watch" CindyBAM, I only read the transcripts here) because the evidence suggests that geo nitwitism is rampant and this abysmal failure by the cast member (at least that is what I would bet. Can only hope she isn't from the phone game) and the equally abysmal ATA is pretty much par for the course!

And while Reege didn't help matters any I concur with the sentiment that the clock had nothing to do with this one.

Had been a pretty decent run from Tuesday through Wednesday even with the over the top personality and odd lifeline play of Anthony. At least he went for it which is what I enjoy seeing. Sadly, it seemed to come pretty much to a grinding halt with this cast member. Maybe she can redeem herself but I am not optimistic. Then again I am rarely optimistic...

That is of course ignoring the mind numbingly boring "celebrity" contestants. Still catching up on shows so I haven't watch Thurday on the Tivo yet. Perhaps it can return to form with that show.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

ghostjmf

#12 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Pretty sure I got the FF based on "never heard of Kardashian; must be most recent 'star'". But can't remember now.

so far so good