For those who think racism is in the past

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Re: For those who think racism is in the past

#26 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:50 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:47 pm
kroxquo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Explain this statement, please.
Floyd was a victim of his continued criminal activity and drug use. Had he not be doing criminal behavoir and high on drugs he would not have ended up beneath Chavin's knee.
Are you sure that's your position, BiT? Because it really sounds like you're trying to justify Floyd's summary execution by a now-convicted murderer, without so much as the trial that his murderer received. --Bob
It is my position. But nothing I wrote implies justification of the end result, without a trial. Chavin wouldn't have arrested Floyd if he hadn't committed a crime and Chavin wouldn't have gotten Floyd out of the back of the car and felt the need to hold him down had Floyd not been high on drugs. And none of what happened happened because Floyd was black (unless you think he was a criminal drug addict because he's black).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
kroxquo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:29 pm
Explain this statement, please.
Floyd was a victim of his continued criminal activity and drug use. Had he not be doing criminal behavoir and high on drugs he would not have ended up beneath Chavin's knee.
Are you sure that's your position, BiT? Because it really sounds like you're trying to justify Floyd's summary public execution by a now-convicted murderer, without so much as the trial that his murderer received.
It sounds TO YOU like he's saying that. Read again what he actually said...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:10 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Are you sure that's your position, BiT? Because it really sounds like you're trying to justify Floyd's summary execution by a now-convicted murderer, without so much as the trial that his murderer received. --Bob
It is my position. But nothing I wrote implies justification of the end result, without a trial. Chavin wouldn't have arrested Floyd if he hadn't committed a crime and Chavin wouldn't have gotten Floyd out of the back of the car and felt the need to hold him down had Floyd not been high on drugs. And none of what happened happened because Floyd was black (unless you think he was a criminal drug addict because he's black).
They just can't puncture a hole in their pervasive narrative bubble. They are stuck in it and cannot ever look at facts and think for themselves.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#29 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:16 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:18 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
They just can't puncture a hole in their pervasive narrative bubble. They are stuck in it and cannot ever look at facts and think for themselves.
Sad, pathetic, and completely accurate.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#30 Post by Weyoun » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:18 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:28 pm
And we've eliminated 99% of racism in this country.
Tell that to George Floyd. Oh wait, you can't.
Floyd was a victim of his own depravity. No racism involved.
I thought he was killed by police officers using excessive force, including needless pressure on his neck.

It’s funny, because at my job, we have to deal with out of control, dangerous people. By the way, there was no indication that he was acting that dangerously.

Yet, somehow, we don’t manage to kill violent people with chokeholds. In fact, most cops also don’t kill people.

Yikes BiT.

Weyoun

#31 Post by Weyoun » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:54 pm

Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:18 pm
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
You know, a lot of people are high on drugs, and yet they’re not murdered by police.

What was Floyd even doing? Had he harmed someone? Had he done something dangerous?

There’s a frightening number of people here who are totally OK with police using brutal dangerous force to kill someone (black) in public.

Hilariously, they act like they’re libertarians.

flockofseagulls104

#32 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:10 pm

There’s a frightening number of people here who are totally OK with police using brutal dangerous force to kill someone (black) in public.
What's frightening is that you claim to be a doctor, and people actually trust you with their health and well-being.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:07 pm

Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:10 pm
What's frightening is that you claim to be a doctor, and people actually trust you with their health and well-being.
I wouldn't want to visit any doctor that Flock felt comfortable with. I don't want to wash my innards out with bleach.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Weyoun

#34 Post by Weyoun » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 am

I don’t claim to be one - I am in fact one - and it’s ironic of you to state that I am the one dangerous and callous towards people’s health, when you’re the one excusing the public murder of a black man.

I’m still trying to figure out how we’re safer because of his death.

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:07 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 am
I don’t claim to be one - I am in fact one - and it’s ironic of you to state that I am the one dangerous and callous towards people’s health, when you’re the one excusing the public murder of a black man.

Explain to me where in your deluded mind you came up with that one. I'd love to see that.

I've got to take some time and go over the posts in the last couple of days to see what I can add to my signature.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#36 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:17 am

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 am

I think you got this one wrong, doc. That was BiT, not flock. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Weyoun

#37 Post by Weyoun » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:48 pm

I apologize, you guys are right. It’s BiT who seems to go out of his way to excuse, and even applaud, the death of a black man.

flockofseagulls104

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:06 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:48 pm
I apologize, you guys are right. It’s BiT who seems to go out of his way to excuse, and even applaud, the death of a black man.
In addition to some time with a psychologist, it might be beneficial for you to take some courses in English comprehension. There is nowhere on this bored that BiT or anyone else excused or applauded the death of any man of any color.

Well maybe someone like Osama bin Laden. I will applaud that one.
-----------------------------
On further reflection, I have to possibly retract that statement. I don't recall exactly, but some of the comments following Rush Limbaugh's death might have come close.