New Transcript Poll

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

How should the transcript threads be handled on the Bored?

Keep it like it is (Only post them in the Transcript forum)
30%
Post them only in the main forum
11%
Post them in the main forum, then move them to the Transcript forum after one week
41%
Something else entirely
7%
Only broadcast them on WGAS in Gastonia
11%

Total votes: 27

littlebeast13
Dumbass

New Transcript Poll

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 am

Please view the "Separate Forums" thread before answering this poll...

Of course, this doesn't address my concerns with the other two subforums that I believe are unneccessary, but it's a start....

lb13

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:19 am

If someone is willing to move them periodically I suppose that is fine although I still think it would be good to have the transcripts alone in a closed forum and repeat them in the main forum where comments could be made at will.

If guests can't be bothered to explore the rest of the site then perhaps we don't need the new blood. Only those who make the effort to wander over and take a look at the general mayhem in the main forum in the first place need apply...

:x
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 am

I don't want to yell loud enough to say what I have to say again.

although it seems like you came up with my idea anyway.

so there.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:57 am

Since I don't do transcripts, I don't feel right telling someone how they should do it, so I voted to post them in the main forum. If it's not so much trouble to move them after a week, them I'm all for that as well.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 pm

After some experimentation, I found you can move threads back and forth between forums, creating a shadow thread in the old forum, rather easily. If you move a thread back to the forum it started in, the old shadow thread will remain along with the moved thread. However, I have found you can delete the old shadow thread without harming the original thread (Or the shadow thread on the first Bored it was moved to).

It is pretty obvious that the majority of people want to keep the Transcript forum, so I am apparently not going to be successful in ramming my "one forum for all posts" idea down anyone's throat... :P . But it seems the takinover compromise has received a decent bit of support, and given what can be done in having threads appear on two Boreds simultaneously, I will try to do my best Eyegor and offer the following compromise:

The BBTranscriptionTeam can continue to post the transcipts in the transcript forum. I don't know if the BBTT's moderator status in that forum will allow them to move a thread to another forum, but if not, one of our other moderators (or me in the morning) can then move the transcript threads to the main forum, being sure the box is checked to leave the shadow thread behind.

The result: The thread will simultaneously exist on both forums, and all replies will be seen on both forums, regardless of which forum they were actually posted on.

Thoughts?

It is interesting that a new poster showed up and posted a new topic straight into the Transcript forum rather than on the main forum....

lb13

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 pm

I like it. Sounds like a good compromise without too much trouble for the transcribers. The pay is not all that good, I understand.
:twisted:

I'm not very good at remembering to thank them for the time and effort they devote to do this. so I'll do it now. Thanks very much!!!

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 am

littlebeast13 wrote: Thoughts?
I've always spoken in favor of the idea, so it would be wrong of me to repeat myself. :wink:
littlebeast13 wrote:It is interesting that a new poster showed up and posted a new topic straight into the Transcript forum rather than on the main forum....
Not surprising, though, since he was particularly searching for show transcripts. I don't even know if he's noticed this other forum yet.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:26 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Not surprising, though, since he was particularly searching for show transcripts. I don't even know if he's noticed this other forum yet.
Which was my point exactly....

lb13

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:30 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: Thoughts?
I've always spoken in favor of the idea, so it would be wrong of me to repeat myself. :wink:

LOL - since when do you let that stop you?