For Those Who Feel Superior Driving By Full Restaurant Parking Lots

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

For Those Who Feel Superior Driving By Full Restaurant Parking Lots

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:14 am

As if they are some sort of Covid Hero. Cough, SSS, Cough

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/12 ... 8812461058

silverscreenselect

Re: For Those Who Feel Superior Driving By Full Restaurant Parking Lots

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am

I'm not a hero. I'm just trying to keep my family safe. For the same reason, I wouldn't eat in a restaurant that had just failed a health inspection.

And I'm not saying that these outdoor demonstrations are a good idea. But (1) significantly more people are wearing masks than in bars and restaurants, and (2) it's much more dangerous to spend a substantial amount of time indoors with a number of possibly infected people than outdoors.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 am
I'm not a hero. I'm just trying to keep my family safe. For the same reason, I wouldn't eat in a restaurant that had just failed a health inspection.

And I'm not saying that these outdoor demonstrations are a good idea. But (1) significantly more people are wearing masks than in bars and restaurants, and (2) it's much more dangerous to spend a substantial amount of time indoors with a number of possibly infected people than outdoors.
Obviously, you are not a hero-everybody knows that-you just simplistically and continuously want to blame your governor for his opening strategy and completely forget about the other half of the equation which entailed thousands and thousands of people suddenly crowded together in the streets of Atlanta starting a few weeks ago and continuing presumably to the present day.

The world is not perfect so we don't get to see how the designed opening strategies would have worked without the mass protests suddenly breaking quarantine and social distancing. But from what I saw in the other thread-you are manifestly not being fair to blame everything on your governor's opening strategy-no surprise there.

It is also very important to note that the current spikes in Covid across the country correlate very well with the mass protests a few weeks ago.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:02 am

Obviously, we'll never be able to completely separate disease spread from loosening of restrictions and disease spread from the protests. But there were just as many protests in places like New York and Philadelphia as there were in other parts of the country, and those states have not seen a spike in Covid cases. Those states have also maintained the tightest restrictions on reopenings in general.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com