Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#1051 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am

LMAO!!

Just stumbled across this little gem! Upset that " from the lawyer and the elected Republican court official why they're okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI ..." - this from the Very Good Attorney who ".. didn't swear to uphold any laws at all"
You just can't make this stuff up.
Not an answer. Why are you okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation? --Bob
I don't recall expressing an opinion on that subject, Bob. I hate to break it to you, but you're not entitled to my opinion on your demand. I will say maybe stay in your lane when expressing legal opinions would be a good idea. Whether I approve of anyone lying to anyone isn't the issue; what is the issue is that what they got on Flynn is what's called in legalese "fruit of the poisonous tree." You don't get to gather evidence illegally and then use it. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work when everyone is playing by the same set of rules.
Yeah, you did. You expressed glee when suitguy noted the Justice Department's papers trying to let Flynn off the hook.

No one even claims the FBI did anything illegal in questioning Flynn. They're arguing that the lies Flynn admitted telling weren't material. So the Department of Justice is now on record as saying that the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts and communications with the Russian Government weren't material to a counterintelligence investigation involving the Russian Government.

One set of rules for Donny's friends, a different set of rules for the rest of us. That's what you're trying to defend. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#1052 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am
Not an answer. Why are you okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation? --Bob
I don't recall expressing an opinion on that subject, Bob. I hate to break it to you, but you're not entitled to my opinion on your demand. I will say maybe stay in your lane when expressing legal opinions would be a good idea. Whether I approve of anyone lying to anyone isn't the issue; what is the issue is that what they got on Flynn is what's called in legalese "fruit of the poisonous tree." You don't get to gather evidence illegally and then use it. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work when everyone is playing by the same set of rules.
Yeah, you did. You expressed glee when suitguy noted the Justice Department's papers trying to let Flynn off the hook.

No one even claims the FBI did anything illegal in questioning Flynn. They're arguing that the lies Flynn admitted telling weren't material. So the Department of Justice is now on record as saying that the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts and communications with the Russian Government weren't material to a counterintelligence investigation involving the Russian Government.

One set of rules for Donny's friends, a different set of rules for the rest of us. That's what you're trying to defend. --Bob
You're free to interpret my use of emojis however you'd like, just don't assume you're right. In fact, it's safe for you to assume if I'm using a laughing emoji anywhere near a post involving you and your buds, it's to indicate I find you and/oryour posts absurd.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#1053 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Donald Trump 5/27/20 wrote:Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen,
Where oh where is Flock when we so desperately need him to parse Trump's words and come up with any resembling a non-authoritarian interpretation of statements like these?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#1054 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:03 pm

PAFW wrote:Trump is not responsive to the demands of anyone other than his far-right base, and his actions this week have only highlighted the narrowness of his focus. He has no place in the next chapter of the American story.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1055 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Here is the brief filed on behalf of amicus curiae Judge Gleeson opposing the dismissal of charges against admitted felon Michael Flynn. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#1056 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading

Not a headline from the Onion, but an actual story:
President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker, was immediately rejected by the network. "We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President," read the letter, signed by the Trump campaign's senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis and chief operating officer Michael Glassner. The campaign formally requested that CNN retract the poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions."

Several other polls released over the past few weeks -- including polls by ABC News/Washington Post, Monmouth University, NPR/PBS Newshour/Marist College, NBC News/Wall Street Journal, Quinnipiac University and Fox News -- also show Biden well ahead of Trump. These polls, averaged with the CNN poll, find Biden up by double digits, a result well outside any margin of error.

jarnon

#1057 Post by jarnon » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Pres. Trump wrote:It has been suggested that we should rename as many as 10 of our Legendary Military Bases. These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, and a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom. The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations. Our history as the Greatest Nation in the World will not be tampered with. Respect our Military!
The Lincoln Project wrote:We never imagined when we named our initiative to defeat the re-election of Donald J. Trump, The Lincoln Project, that the president would go as far as honoring the Confederate generals who fought against the United States of America to preserve slavery and uphold white supremacy. For all intents and purposes, Donald Trump today became the Confederacy's second president.

We cannot allow this.

The Lincoln Project and its allies will be doubling its efforts to protect the U.S. Constitution and this nation by defeating Donald Trump in November and watching Joe Biden take the oath of office next January.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#1058 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Donald Trump wrote: These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, and a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom.
How are men like Braxton Bragg and John Bell Hood part of a Great American Heritage and a history of winning, victory, and freedom?

ne1410s

#1059 Post by ne1410s » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Where's Fort Himmler and Fort Rommel?
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silverscreenselect

#1060 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 pm

I said I would give Trump credit when he does something smart, and I'm a man of my word. From the registration form for Trump's rally in Oklahoma next week:
By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
And it's great optics to hold a rally at the site of the Tulsa race riots of 1921 on Juneteenth. I wonder how many Confederate flags will be in evidence at the rally.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1061 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:27 pm

This ad, from Vote Vets, seems to say it pretty well. --Bob

earendel

#1062 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:27 pm

This ad, from Vote Vets, seems to say it pretty well. --Bob
That's a bit dated, don't you think? Boehner isn't Speaker of the House any longer.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Spock

#1063 Post by Spock » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:22 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm
Donald Trump wrote: These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, and a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom.
How are men like Braxton Bragg and John Bell Hood part of a Great American Heritage and a history of winning, victory, and freedom?
Well, from the authoritative voice on the subject-"Civil War Humor" on Twitter. A fun sight to read at this time.

https://twitter.com/CivilWarHumor/statu ... 5299845120

Seriously, though-I wonder what names would pass muster with our modern day Jacobins.

jarnon

#1064 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 am

This is odd even for Trump. This cute 2019 video has been seen millions of times:

Somebody who calls himself Carpe Donktum posted part of the video, adding a fake CNN chyron that says "Terrified todler runs from racist baby." Trump retweeted the altered video. Did he realize it was a joke?

The fake video has since been removed at the request of the parent who took the original video.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#1065 Post by jarnon » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 pm
Here is the brief filed on behalf of amicus curiae Judge Gleeson opposing the dismissal of charges against admitted felon Michael Flynn. --Bob
Appeals court orders judge to dismiss Michael Flynn case
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1066 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 pm
Appeals court orders judge to dismiss Michael Flynn case
Decision written by one of Donny's appointees. I'll be interested to see whether the whole D.C. Circuit takes it up. --Bob

Bob Juch

#1067 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Appeals court rules funding for Trump border wall construction 'unlawful'
The Trump administration can't use money that Congress appropriated for military projects to build the wall, the appeals court ruled.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d_nn_fb_ma
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#1068 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

The calls caused former top Trump deputies -- including national security advisers H.R. McMaster and John Bolton, Defense Secretary James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and White House chief of staff John Kelly, as well as intelligence officials -- to conclude that the President was often "delusional," as two sources put it, in his dealings with foreign leaders. The sources said there was little evidence that the President became more skillful or competent in his telephone conversations with most heads of state over time. Rather, he continued to believe that he could either charm, jawbone or bully almost any foreign leader into capitulating to his will, and often pursued goals more attuned to his own agenda than what many of his senior advisers considered the national interest.

By far the greatest number of Trump's telephone discussions with an individual head of state were with Erdogan, who sometimes phoned the White House at least twice a week and was put through directly to the President on standing orders from Trump, according to the sources. Meanwhile, the President regularly bullied and demeaned the leaders of America's principal allies, especially two women: telling Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom she was weak and lacked courage; and telling German Chancellor Angela Merkel that she was "stupid."

Trump incessantly boasted to his fellow heads of state, including Saudi Arabia's autocratic royal heir Mohammed bin Salman and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, about his own wealth, genius, "great" accomplishments as President, and the "idiocy" of his Oval Office predecessors, according to the sources. In his conversations with both Putin and Erdogan, Trump took special delight in trashing former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama and suggested that dealing directly with him -- Trump -- would be far more fruitful than during previous administrations. "They didn't know BS," he said of Bush and Obama -- one of several derisive tropes the sources said he favored when discussing his predecessors with the Turkish and Russian leaders.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics ... index.html

Since Flock isn't here, I'll provide his rebuttal commentary. "Liberal media ... fake news ... Hillary's emails ,,, No collusion." None of this is the slightest bit surprising, and substantial parts of this are corroborated by John Bolton in his book.

silverscreenselect

#1069 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:09 pm

This one says it all about Trump and the Russian bounties:

silverscreenselect

#1070 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Donald Trump 7/1/20 wrote:NYC is cutting Police $’s by ONE BILLION DOLLARS, and yet the NYC Mayor is going to paint a big, expensive, yellow Black Lives Matter sign on Fifth Avenue, denigrating this luxury Avenue. This will further antagonize New York’s Finest, who LOVE New York & vividly remember the horrible BLM chant, “Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon”. Maybe our GREAT Police, who have been neutralized and scorned by a mayor who hates & disrespects them, won’t let this symbol of hate be affixed to New York’s greatest street. Spend this money fighting crime instead!
I had never heard of the "fry em like bacon" cheer, but then again I don't have the mental capacity of Donald Trump who can remember a brief obscure chant from one single Black Lives Matter rally from 2015 in Minnesota but not Vladimir Putin putting bounties on US soldiers. Trump can also remember the view from his digs overlooking Fifth Avenue, which I'm sure he doesn't want sullied by a Black Lives Matter decoration. And it's interesting that Black Lives Matter is a "symbol of hate," but not all those Confederate statues that Trump is valiantly trying to protect. Or the White Power chants he likes to retweet. Or the swastikas carried by the fine people in Charlottesville.

silverscreenselect

#1071 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:47 am

In a speech in which Trump went on and on about how the "cancel culture" is engaged in a "merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children," Trump went on:
Donald Trump 7/3/20 wrote:We must demand that our children are taught once again to see America as did Reverend Martin Luther King when he said that the founders had signed a promissory note to every future generation.
What Trump wiped out and erased was the rest of King's comments from his I Have a Dream speech:
Martin Luther King, Jr. 8/28/63 wrote:This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the “unalienable Rights” of “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check which has come back marked “insufficient funds.”

Typical Trump callousness to selectively edit MLK's greatest speech to support a point he wants to make about the wiping out of American history and indoctrination of our children.

silverscreenselect

#1072 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:08 am

Donald Trump 7/5/20 wrote:FoxNews gladly puts up the phony suppression polls as soon as they come out. We are leading in the REAL polls because people are sick & tired of watching the Democrat run cities, in all cases, falling apart. Also, now 96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Another 2016!
Poor Trump. He's running out of things to watch. I'm sure there's some streaming service that's showing Apprentice reruns.

Bob Juch

#1073 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 am

Bob Juch

#1074 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 pm

New rule on cheating at trumps alma mater may result in him losing his college diploma

https://www.lancastercourier.com/2020/0 ... e-diploma/

silverscreenselect

#1075 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am

Donald Trump 7/13/20 wrote:If you know Biden and Obama stopped their testing-- they just stopped it. You probably know that. I'm sure you don't want to report it. But they stopped testing. Right in the middle, they just want, no more testing, and on a much lesser problem than the problem that we have, obviously, with respect to-- this is the worst thing that's happened since probably 1917.
Trump is right in one regard. The coronavirus was much less of a problem when Biden and Obama left office than it is now because it didn't exist for three more years.