Transcript 5/28/2020 - Lauren Lapkus (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

Transcript 5/28/2020 - Lauren Lapkus (carryover)

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Lauren Lapkus

Lauren is playing for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Her +1 is Mike Castle, her husband.

$2000: Japanese scientists invented a smoke alarm for the hearing impaired that sprays a mist of what sinus-clearing condiment?
A - ketchup
B - mayonnaise
C - tartar sauce
D - wasabi
Spoiler
Answer: D (wasabi)
$4000: Measuring 120 feet long and weighing 68,000 pounds, the world's largest replica baseball bat is fittingly located in what U.S. city?
A - Omaha, Nebraska
B - Tulsa, Oklahoma
C - Raleigh, North Carolina
D - Louisville, Kentucky

She's glad the word "fittingly" was part of the question because she knows nothing else about baseball.
Spoiler
Answer: D (Louisville, Kentucky)
$8000: "Will A Jolly Man Make A Jolly Visitor" helps people remember the order of the first eight what?
A - signs of the zodiac
B - U.S. presidents
C - months
D - chemical elements

Lauren says that "A" makes no sense, and no one would need help remembering the order of the months. Mike adds that none of the chemical elements are right. Lauren wonders if there is a "V" president. Jimmy tells her the names after she gives her answer.
Spoiler
Answer: B (U.S. presidents)
$16,000: How would Emmanuel Macron best thank his country's citizens for electing him president?
A - gracias
B - merci
C - danke
D - grazie

Mike knows for sure what it is, and explains to Lauren who Macron is.
Spoiler
Answer: B (merci)
$32,000: What singer is a huge fan of "The Office" and samples several lines from the episode "Threat Level Midnight" for her song "My Strange Addiction"?
A - Rihanna
B - Katy Perry
C - Billie Elish
D - Halsey

Lauren doesn't know this but Mike does for sure. It's "C". It's the only thing he knows about her.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Billie Elish)
Lauren now has the option to trade a lifeline to bring her husband back for one final question. She decides to replace the 50:50.

$64,000: In Albert Einstein's famous equation E=mc2, what does the "c" represent?
A - gravity
B - time
C - matter
D - speed of light

"This sucks because I should totally know this." She remembers a movie where he's riding a bike. She decides to use her +1.
Spoiler
Ask the +1 results: He is 100% certain that it's "D".
Spoiler
Answer: D (speed of light)
commercial break

$125,000: In "Uncut Gems," Adam Sandler's character memorably shows off a blinged-out pendant necklace of what classic toy?
A - Tickle Me Elmo
B - Furby
C - Tamagotchi
D - Etch A Sketch

On the way to the show Lauren said she wanted to see this movie but she hasn't. She has seen memes of this, and photos on Instagram, however, and thinks the answer is "B".
Spoiler
Answer: B (Furby)
$250,000: How does the composer and lyricist of the Broadway musical "Jagged Little Pill" spell her name?
A - M-O-R-R-I-S-E-T-T-E
B - M-O-R-I-S-S-E-T-T-E
C - M-O-R-R-I-S-S-E-T-T-E
D - M-O-R-I-S-E-T-T-E

Lauren was hoping the question was how to spell Alanis. She thinks it's "B", and "C" has too many double letters. But "C" begins to look more right the more she looks at it. She decides to ask the host.
Spoiler
Ask the host: Jimmy says this is his sweet spot because he knows a lot about music and was the spelling champion in the 7th and 8th grade. He says it's "B".
Spoiler
Answer: B (M-O-R-I-S-S-E-T-T-E)
commercial break

$500,000: Six U.S. presidents had what first name, the most common presidential name in history?
A - John
B - William
C - James
D - George

Lauren says presidents aren't her strong suit. She names three Georges, but doesn't think she can think of three others. "John" sounds common but JFK is the only one she knows. She mentions William Taft. The way to figure this out is to phone a friend - her dad Jules.
Spoiler
Phone a Friend results: Jules says it's John. Lauren asks if he's sure. He asks for the other choices, then changes to James.
Lauren doesn't feel great about that. She says "James Monroe". She wants to trust her dad but doesn't want to lose all that money for charity. It would be insane to say "James" without being sure. But it would be cool if she went for it and was right. Jimmy says that mathematically Lauren has more to gain than to lose. She goes for it. Jimmy says they will take a break before revealing the answer.
commercial break
They try to call Jules back, but get his answering machine. Jimmy leaves the message that she won $500,000.
Spoiler
Answer: C (James)

Jimmy tells her who the six are - Madison, Monroe, Polk, Buchanan, Garfield, & Carter.
$1,000,000: On the periodic table, there are four different elements named after what?
A - Antoine Lavoisier's pet cat
B - a moon of Neptune
C - Marie Curie's maiden name
D - a Swedish mining village

Lauren asked her husband yesterday if she should study the periodic table. She's not going to bother guessing and she's going to walk away. If she had to guess she would have said "A".
Spoiler
Answer: D (a Swedish mining village)
commercial break
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Transcript 5/28/2020 - Lauren Lapkus (carryover)

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:03 pm

earendel wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:06 pm
$1,000,000: On the periodic table, there are four different elements named after what?
B - a moon of Neptune

Lauren asked her husband yesterday if she should study the periodic table. She's not going to bother guessing and she's going to walk away. If she had to guess she would have said "A".
Spoiler
commercial break
If memory serves, they are
Spoiler
yttrium, ytterbium, terbium, and erbium.
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 pm

$500,000: Six U.S. presidents had what first name, the most common presidential name in history?
A - John
B - William
C - James
D - George

Lauren says presidents aren't her strong suit. She names three Georges, but doesn't think she can think of three others. "John" sounds common but JFK is the only one she knows. She mentions William Taft. The way to figure this out is to phone a friend - her dad Jules.
Spoiler
Phone a Friend results: Jules says it's John. Lauren asks if he's sure. He asks for the other choices, then changes to James.
Lauren doesn't feel great about that. She says "James Monroe". She wants to trust her dad but doesn't want to lose all that money for charity. It would be insane to say "James" without being sure. But it would be cool if she went for it and was right. Jimmy says that mathematically Lauren has more to gain than to lose. She goes for it. Jimmy says they will take a break before revealing the answer.
commercial break
They try to call Jules back, but get his answering machine. Jimmy leaves the message that she won $500,000.
Spoiler

Jimmy tells her who the six are - Madison, Monroe, Polk, Buchanan, Garfield, & Carter.
Okay, Lauren, you say presidents aren't your strong suit, but there have only been 45 of them. And you've got all the time in the world to work on listing as many of them as you can, no matter how hard that is. (TPTB can always edit the tape later, as they did with Dr. Phil.) When you put the burden on your PAF, he's only got about 15 seconds to think about it. That's hardly fair.

BTW, I haven't tried searching the archives, but I have a hunch that this question has been asked before. And I'll bet that the dollar value, for a regular contestant, was a lot lower than $500K.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:06 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 pm
A - John
B - William
C - James
D - George

Spoiler
commercial break
Spoiler

Okay, Lauren, you say presidents aren't your strong suit, but there have only been 45 of them. And you've got all the time in the world to work on listing as many of them as you can, no matter how hard that is. (TPTB can always edit the tape later, as they did with Dr. Phil.) When you put the burden on your PAF, he's only got about 15 seconds to think about it. That's hardly fair.

BTW, I haven't tried searching the archives, but I have a hunch that this question has been asked before. And I'll bet that the dollar value, for a regular contestant, was a lot lower than $500K.
It was. I think with the same distractors. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:45 am

earendel wrote:
Lauren Lapkus

Lauren is playing for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Her +1 is Mike Castle, her husband.
earendel wrote:
$125,000: In "Uncut Gems," Adam Sandler's character memorably shows off a blinged-out pendant necklace of what classic toy?
A - Tickle Me Elmo
B - Furby
C - Tamagotchi
D - Etch A Sketch

On the way to the show Lauren said she wanted to see this movie but she hasn't. She has seen memes of this, and photos on Instagram, however, and thinks the answer is "B".
Spoiler
Answer: B (Furby)
No idea. I probably would have to walk away because none of my lifelines would know this (I would have switched out my +1 for "ask the host".
earendel wrote:
A - John
B - William
C - James
D - George

Spoiler
commercial break
Spoiler

This is a classic trivia question, and most people forget about Carter (as Jimmy Kimmel observed).
earendel wrote:
B - a moon of Neptune

Spoiler
Why, oh, why couldn't I have had this question?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

K.P.

#6 Post by K.P. » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:06 pm
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:10 pm
A - John
B - William
C - James
D - George
It was. I think with the same distractors. --Bob
Raymelle Greening for $64,000, without the hint of "six".

https://youtu.be/oPA9tEaPqJY?t=11m57s

Lauren's $64,000 question was a recycle as well, from David Fite's stack. He got $125,000 for it.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks for finding that clip, K.P.!