Millionaire Live game

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Millionaire Live game

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 15, 2020 9:07 am

I haven't been doing well on this game, but last night was an improvement. I went out on Question 14 (Declaration of Independence signers) after using the Double Dip. At least I didn't leave any lifelines on the table, this time.

The host may have been happy to have a question about her name, but it sure didn't help much in weeding out the finalists for the big money. IIRC, there were 45 people who split the $250K prize money.

Bob Juch

Re: Millionaire Live game

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 15, 2020 2:09 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:07 am
I haven't been doing well on this game, but last night was an improvement. I went out on Question 14 (Declaration of Independence signers) after using the Double Dip. At least I didn't leave any lifelines on the table, this time.

The host may have been happy to have a question about her name, but it sure didn't help much in weeding out the finalists for the big money. IIRC, there were 45 people who split the $250K prize money.
I haven't been playing. What was Q 14? Was it which of the four was not a Signer? Probably George Washington. I had that question just a few days ago.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:09 pm
I haven't been playing. What was Q 14? Was it which of the four was not a Signer? Probably George Washington. I had that question just a few days ago.
[approximate phrasing, from memory]

What was the most common first name of signers of the Declaration of Independence?
A. Charles
B. Benjamin
C. Roger
D. Stephen
Spoiler
B. Benjamin
Reviewing this, the phrasing might have been "which of these first names was most common", since it appears that other names not among the choices were more common.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 15, 2020 3:39 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:09 pm
[approximate phrasing, from memory]

What was the most common first name of signers of the Declaration of Independence?
A. Charles
B. Benjamin
C. Roger
D. Stephen
Spoiler
B. Benjamin
Reviewing this, the phrasing might have been "which of these first names was most common", since it appears that other names not among the choices were more common.
Yes, there were seven Johns. Two Charles, three Benjamins, and just one Roger and Stephen.

I used to walk down the sidewalk in front of Independence Hall that has stars embedded in it with the names of the signers. I remember a lot of the names, but not all.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.