Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#1026 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:57 am

The sound of a real leader:
Joe Biden 4/15/20 wrote:[Trump] likes to say he’s a wartime president. Well, he needs to begin to step up and act like one. Not harangue the press for hours on end while people are dying, your friends and coworkers are dying, our family members and friends and neighbors are dying, while Trump is having temper tantrums about his authority.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#1027 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:35 am

In honor of Bob#####, I'm bumping up this thread to post the following message which doesn't really relate to the coronavirus but really needs to be seen to be believed:
Donald Trump 4/26/20 wrote:The people that know me and know the history of our Country say that I am the hardest working President in history. I don’t know about that, but I am a hard worker and have probably gotten more done in the first 3 1/2 years than any President in history. The Fake News hates it!

I work from early in the morning until late at night, haven’t left the White House in many months (except to launch Hospital Ship Comfort) in order to take care of Trade Deals, Military Rebuilding etc., and then I read a phony story in the failing @nytimes about my work schedule and eating habits, written by a third rate reporter who knows nothing about me. I will often be in the Oval Office late into the night & read & see that I am angrily eating a hamburger & Diet Coke in my bedroom. People with me are always stunned. Anything to demean!

When will all of the "reporters" who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side that committed the crimes) be turning back their cherished "Nobles" so that they can be given to the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right. I can give the Committee a very comprehensive list. When will the Noble Committee DEMAND the prizes back, especially since they were given under fraud? The reporters and Lamestream Media knew the truth all along. Lawsuits should be brought against all, especially the Fake News Organizations, to rectify this terrible injustice. For all the great lawyers out there, do we have any takers? When will the Noble Committee Act? Better be fast!
When someone pointed out that there was no "Noble Prize" for anything or a Nobel Prize for Journalism either, Trump deleted this last paragraph but again used his brand new defense of "sarcasm" to deflect criticism of his stupidity:
Donald Trump 4/27/20 wrote:Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as, “having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.” Does sarcasm ever work?

silverscreenselect

#1028 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:21 pm

As he huddled with advisers on Friday evening, President Donald Trump was still fuming over his sliding poll numbers and the onslaught of criticism he was facing for suggesting a day earlier that ingesting disinfectant might prove effective against coronavirus. Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his campaign manager Brad Parscale, three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale. It's not clear how serious the President's threat of a lawsuit was.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/politics ... index.html

Actually, Trump has good grounds to sue almost every advisor he has for incompetence, such as this guy (speaking on the day that the official death toll went over 60,000):
Jared Kushner wrote:I think what you’ll see in May as the states are reopening now is May will be a transition month, you’ll see a lot of states starting to phase in the different reopening based on the safety guidelines that President Trump outlined on April 19. I think you’ll see by June that a lot of the country should be back to normal, and the hope is that by July the country’s really rocking again.

silverscreenselect

#1029 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am

Donald Trump 5/3/20 wrote:I am greeted with a hostile press, the likes of which no president has ever seen. The closest would be that gentleman right up there [pointing to statue of Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial]. They always said, ‘Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln.' I believe I am treated worse.

Bob Juch

#1030 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 04, 2020 9:09 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am
Donald Trump 5/3/20 wrote:I am greeted with a hostile press, the likes of which no president has ever seen. The closest would be that gentleman right up there [pointing to statue of Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial]. They always said, ‘Lincoln, nobody got treated worse than Lincoln.' I believe I am treated worse.
As you should be, jackass.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#1031 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Is this the right thread to mention that the DOJ is dismissing the charges against Lt. Gen. Flynn?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#1032 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:30 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm
Is this the right thread to mention that the DOJ is dismissing the charges against Lt. Gen. Flynn?
:lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#1033 Post by Beebs52 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:30 pm
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#1034 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Thanks to Donald Trump's newest fixer, Bill Barr.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1035 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Probably. Because it tells us that Donny is just fine with his National Security Advisor lying to the FBI. The fact of the lie isn't controversial. Flynn admitted to doing so in open court.

Why are you okay with a federal official deliberately lying to the FBI? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

wbtravis007

#1036 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm
tlynn78 wrote:
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Boy, the peanut gallery is outdoing itself on this one.

I suwannee!

We'll see what the judge does.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1037 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Here is the brief that the Justice Department filed. Not a single career prosecutor was willing to sign it. It takes the position that it was legal for Flynn to lie to the FBI.

And people wonder why we say Barr is in the tank for Donny. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

themanintheseersuckersuit

#1038 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat May 09, 2020 5:58 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#1039 Post by Bob Juch » Sat May 09, 2020 9:23 am

Are you trying for a Whataboutism award?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1040 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:20 pm

I'm still waiting to hear from the lawyer and the elected Republican court official why they're okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation. --Bob

Bob Juch

#1041 Post by Bob Juch » Mon May 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:20 pm
I'm still waiting to hear from the lawyer and the elected Republican court official why they're okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation. --Bob
"They" are now saying he didn't lie.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1042 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:37 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
"They" are now saying he didn't lie.
He admitted in open court that he lied. The Justice Department brief said that his lying to the FBI wasn't against the law because lying about his contacts with the Russian government wasn't material to a counterintelligence investigation about the involvement of the Russian government in our political process. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#1043 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Donald Trump 5/12/20 wrote:When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!
Trump is apparently referring to the death of one of Scarborough's staffers in 2001 when he was a Republican Congressman from Florida. An autopsy revealed that she had an undisclosed heart condition and passed out and hit her head when she fell. There was no evidence whatsoever of foul play. Scarborough was in Washington when she died. Scarborough had already announced he wasn't running for re-election.

Why should the President of the United States be sending out tweets like this at this time? Why oh why oh why isn't Flock here to answer questions like this?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1044 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Judge Sullivan declines to be used as a rubber stamp for the Justice Department's motion. --Bob

jarnon

#1045 Post by jarnon » Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 am

Donald J. Trump wrote:3 years ago, after Jeff Sessions recused himself, the Fraudulent Mueller Scam began. Alabama, do not trust Jeff Sessions. He let our Country down. That’s why I endorsed Coach Tommy Tuberville, the true supporter of our #MAGA agenda!
Jeff Sessions wrote:Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#1046 Post by jarnon » Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am

Donald J. Trump wrote:HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
Donald J. Trump wrote:TRANSITION TO GREATNESS! Get ready, it is already happening again!
Donald J. Trump wrote:OBAMAGATE!
Donald J. Trump wrote:MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Actual presidential tweets and retweets early this morning. The first one alone is extremely inappropriate.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#1047 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 25, 2020 9:00 am

jarnon wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am
Donald J. Trump wrote:HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
Actual presidential tweets and retweets early this morning. The first one alone is extremely inappropriate.
In partial defense here, I think a lot of people say "Happy Memorial Day" without thinking. After I first read this comment, the next site I visited was an apolitical entertainment site with that exact same heading.

However, I think it's instructive how many times this weekend that Trump will actually refer to either those who lost their lives in service of the country or those who died of the coronavirus. I'd wager that it will be substantially fewer than his comments about Stacy Abrams' dining habits or Nancy Pelosi's appearance.

tlynn78

#1048 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am

Bob78164 wrote:
LMAO!!

Just stumbled across this little gem! Upset that " from the lawyer and the elected Republican court official why they're okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI ..." - this from the Very Good Attorney who ".. didn't swear to uphold any laws at all"
You just can't make this stuff up.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#1049 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am
Bob78164 wrote:
LMAO!!

Just stumbled across this little gem! Upset that " from the lawyer and the elected Republican court official why they're okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI ..." - this from the Very Good Attorney who ".. didn't swear to uphold any laws at all"
Not an answer. Why are you okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation? --Bob

tlynn78

#1050 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am
Bob78164 wrote:
LMAO!!

Not an answer. Why are you okay with the National Security Advisor lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian government during a counterintelligence investigation? --Bob
I don't recall expressing an opinion on that subject, Bob. I hate to break it to you, but you're not entitled to my opinion on your demand. I will say maybe stay in your lane when expressing legal opinions would be a good idea. Whether I approve of anyone lying to anyone isn't the issue; what is the issue is that what they got on Flynn is what's called in legalese "fruit of the poisonous tree." You don't get to gather evidence illegally and then use it. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work when everyone is playing by the same set of rules.