Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#176 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm

But wait! There's more (of course).
Marisa Taylor wrote:Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.

The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.

“It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

Zhu and the other sources said the American expert, Dr. Linda Quick, was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases. As an American CDC employee, they said, Quick was in an ideal position to be the eyes and ears on the ground for the United States and other countries on the coronavirus outbreak, and might have alerted them to the growing threat weeks earlier.
Yet another consequence of Donny's go-it-alone strategy on pretty much everything. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#177 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:06 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am
As soon as I saw it, I admitted my mistake.
Bullshit. No one who thinks Donny has done everything he could to prevent or mitigate this crisis has admitted the most crucial mistake of all.

This crisis won't be over by January. Not even close. It won't be over until we have a vaccine, and if we're lucky, that will happen next summer. So we are right now in the process of choosing the person who will lead the country through roughly the second half of the crisis.

And anyone who thinks that Donny's performance on this front has been remotely competent, much less so competent that he deserves to continue leading the country through the greatest crisis of the century to date, hasn't admitted a damn thing that counts. --Bob
The truth is that he is our president. He is leading this country. Not Hillary. Not Biden. Not Superman. Not some imaginary person who knows everything and sees everything. No amount of monday morning quarterbacking from you all, who have been desparate from day one of his administration and before, to discredit him, slander him and sabotage him is going to change that. Nothing you have posted here has saved one life or has even been one slight bit helpful in our current situation other than to sow discontent and distrust in the weak minded and your fellow useful idiots. He is doing what he thinks are the right things now, and has a lot of good people advising him. That is all he can do.
The only reason you are posting this garbage is in hopes that you can convince someone, anyone, to vote for the ancient, senile, dishonest career politician you are likely to nominate for the democratic candidate for the US Sen... er President, who is, sadly, the best you could drag out. That is the truth, and if you were honest with yourselves you would admit it.
Maybe there is someone out there who would have made every right move in the past and make every right move going forward. But if you think it would have been Hillary Clinton or will be Joe Biden, you are entitled to your opinion. But right now, you have Donald Trump, and if YOU cared, you would support him in this time of crisis, rather than doing your best to tear him down, using the same bullshit techniques you've been using for almost 4 years now, because it's politically expedient for your purposes to do so.
Shame on you. Really.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#178 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm
But right now, you have Donald Trump, and if YOU cared, you would support him in this time of crisis, rather than doing your best to tear him down, using the same bullshit techniques you've been using for almost 4 years now, because it's politically expedient for your purposes to do so.
Shame on you. Really.
So, are we supposed to support him when he lies over and over again in these press briefings? Are we supposed to support him when he attacks a reporter and calls him a terrible reporter who asked a nasty question (about reassuring the American public)? Are we supposed to support him when he claims the federal government is not a shipping clerk at a time when prioritizing and streamlining the disbursal of medical supplies is a national priority?

Trump is the one turning these press briefings into mini-political campaign rallies as he and Pence talk about what a wonderful job his administration is doing, when, in fact, they are not doing a wonderful job at all. I was no fan of George Bush, but at least in the wake of 9/11, he didn't try to turn it into something where he could score political points. He comforted the public and tried to unite people. If Trump had acted like this, I would have given him support. But he didn't, and he still doesn't. He's the same egotistical self-centered jerk he has always been, and his decisions have been based on self-interest first, crony interest second, and national interest somewhere below that.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#179 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:54 pm
But right now, you have Donald Trump, and if YOU cared, you would support him in this time of crisis, rather than doing your best to tear him down, using the same bullshit techniques you've been using for almost 4 years now, because it's politically expedient for your purposes to do so.
Shame on you. Really.
So, are we supposed to support him when he lies over and over again in these press briefings? Are we supposed to support him when he attacks a reporter and calls him a terrible reporter who asked a nasty question (about reassuring the American public)? Are we supposed to support him when he claims the federal government is not a shipping clerk at a time when prioritizing and streamlining the disbursal of medical supplies is a national priority?

Trump is the one turning these press briefings into mini-political campaign rallies as he and Pence talk about what a wonderful job his administration is doing, when, in fact, they are not doing a wonderful job at all. I was no fan of George Bush, but at least in the wake of 9/11, he didn't try to turn it into something where he could score political points. He comforted the public and tried to unite people. If Trump had acted like this, I would have given him support. But he didn't, and he still doesn't. He's the same egotistical self-centered jerk he has always been, and his decisions have been based on self-interest first, crony interest second, and national interest somewhere below that.
To you, everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. You have said that over and over again. So have the media who you trust so much, regardless of how many times they get things so very wrong. We're supposed to listen to you when you have been doing this same thing for 4 years? You are the one who has been nothing but political since this thing started. Even people like Cuomo and Newsome are co-operating with the administration and have even praised them.

I have just got done watching Life, Liberty and Levin. He interviewed Mike Pence and Anthony Fauci. Like I have told you, this is a throwback to Firing Line. Levin asks a pertinent question and actually allows his guest to answer it fully and without interruption. I dare you to watch the whole hour and then come back to me about how the President is lying to you, how he is incompetent and how he is doing everything wrong. You, in your bubble, may decide to pooh-pooh anything Pence says. But surely you will accept what Dr. Fauci says. He has been around for 50 years, doing what he has been doing for all Presidents since Nixon (I think he said he started in 1971). He contradicts just about everything you have been saying.

Watch it and then come back. If you decide not to watch it, then just knock it off and shut up. You have proven you know nothing and don't want to learn anything. You too, bobby.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#180 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm
But wait! There's more (of course).
Marisa Taylor wrote:Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.

The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.

“It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

Zhu and the other sources said the American expert, Dr. Linda Quick, was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases. As an American CDC employee, they said, Quick was in an ideal position to be the eyes and ears on the ground for the United States and other countries on the coronavirus outbreak, and might have alerted them to the growing threat weeks earlier.
Yet another consequence of Donny's go-it-alone strategy on pretty much everything. --Bob
And the current head of the CDC, Robert R. Redfield, MD, lied his ass off when asked about this about this today.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#181 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:47 pm
Shame on you. Really.

To you, everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. You have said that over and over again. So have the media who you trust so much, regardless of how many times they get things so very wrong. We're supposed to listen to you when you have been doing this same thing for 4 years? You are the one who has been nothing but political since this thing started. Even people like Cuomo and Newsome are co-operating with the administration and have even praised them.

I have just got done watching Life, Liberty and Levin. He interviewed Mike Pence and Anthony Fauci. Like I have told you, this is a throwback to Firing Line. Levin asks a pertinent question and actually allows his guest to answer it fully and without interruption. I dare you to watch the whole hour and then come back to me about how the President is lying to you, how he is incompetent and how he is doing everything wrong. You, in your bubble, may decide to pooh-pooh anything Pence says. But surely you will accept what Dr. Fauci says. He has been around for 50 years, doing what he has been doing for all Presidents since Nixon (I think he said he started in 1971). He contradicts just about everything you have been saying.

Watch it and then come back. If you decide not to watch it, then just knock it off and shut up. You have proven you know nothing and don't want to learn anything. You too, bobby.
A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/opin ... virus.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#182 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

I am not at all interested in the opinion of anyone at the nyt even if I could read it. Even bobby asked you to knock it off.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#183 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 pm

The truth is that he is our president. He is leading this country.
No, he's not leading this country. He's really not. He should be, but he's not. So everyone else is left to fill in the gaps, as best they can, where Donny should be leading the country but he's not.

And you don't even want to hold him accountable for the greatest leadership failure of our lifetime. You want to give him the chance to do it some more.

Shame on you. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#184 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

I am not at all interested in the opinion of anyone at the nyt. Even bobby asked you to knock it off.
I asked him not to put opinion in a non-political thread.

And the article isn't opinion. It's Donny's actual quotes. Demonstrations of his utter lack of leadership at a time when it would have made an enormous amount of difference. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#185 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm

I am not at all interested in the opinion of anyone at the nyt even if I could read it.
What you're not interested in are the facts, many of which come from Trump's own mouth contradicting himself from one day to the next.

Trump isn't interested in leading the country. You don't lead the country by browbeating reporters and continuing to refer to the virus as the "Chinese virus," thus needlessly stoking up anger against Asian-Americans. You and the other Trump enablers have fastened onto this "let's all support our leader in time of crisis" meme as a reason to sweep everything he continues to do under the rug.

Dr. Fauci is in a very delicate situation, trying to walk a fine line between keeping the public informed and pissing Trump off so much that he gets booted from these briefings. These briefings would go far better if they were left to the professionals and Trump stayed away. But his ego won't let him do that.

flockofseagulls104

#186 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm
I am not at all interested in the opinion of anyone at the nyt even if I could read it.
What you're not interested in are the facts, many of which come from Trump's own mouth contradicting himself from one day to the next.

Trump isn't interested in leading the country. You don't lead the country by browbeating reporters and continuing to refer to the virus as the "Chinese virus," thus needlessly stoking up anger against Asian-Americans. You and the other Trump enablers have fastened onto this "let's all support our leader in time of crisis" meme as a reason to sweep everything he continues to do under the rug.

Dr. Fauci is in a very delicate situation, trying to walk a fine line between keeping the public informed and pissing Trump off so much that he gets booted from these briefings. These briefings would go far better if they were left to the professionals and Trump stayed away. But his ego won't let him do that.
I see you're not interested in learning anything. You are so low you would call Dr. Fauci a liar just based on your own hatred of trump. I asked you to see what he actually said before you resumed your bullshit. But you can't even do that. Either of you. You have proven beyond doubt you are both fulla.

Bob Juch

#187 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 pm

I'm afraid we won't see Dr. Fauci again.

silverscreenselect

#188 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:48 pm
You are so low you would call Dr. Fauci a liar just based on your own hatred of trump.
I have never called Dr. Fauci a liar. I have said that he's in a tough position and he's trying to be as diplomatic as possible. He's a scientist and he's trying to convey accurate information and that includes correcting Trump's blatant lies as best he can.

Instead of directing your anger at Bob and me, you should be directing it at the man who got this country into as big a mess as we're in now and who you have already admitted fooled you on the severity of the coronavirus outbreak.

You know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." In your case, it's fool me a million times and I'll gladly come back for number one million and one."

silverscreenselect

#189 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:38 pm

Trump vs. science:

And here's the tone of voice of the man who is supposed to be leading us:

silverscreenselect

#190 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:14 am

Fauci interview in Science Magazine:
Q: What about the travel restrictions? President Trump keeps saying that the travel ban for China, which began 2 February, had a big impact [on slowing the spread of the virus to the United States] and that he wishes China would have told us three to four months earlier and that they were “very secretive.” [China did not immediately reveal the discovery of a new coronavirus in late December, but by 10 January, Chinese researchers made the sequence of the virus public.] It just doesn't comport with facts.

A: I know, but what do you want me to do? I mean, seriously Jon, let’s get real, what do you want me to do?

Q: Most everyone thinks that you’re doing a remarkable job, but you're standing there as the representative of truth and facts but things are being said that aren't true and aren't factual.

A: The way it happened is that after he made that statement [suggesting China could have revealed the discovery of a new coronavirus three to four months earlier], I told the appropriate people, it doesn't comport, because two or three months earlier would have been September. The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, by the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don't say that. But I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time.

Q: You have not said China virus. [Trump frequently calls the cause of the spreading illness, known as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) a “China virus” or a “Chinese virus.”]

A: Ever.

Q. And you never will, will you?

A: No.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03 ... s-pandemic

Dr. Fauci is a remarkable person working for a complete buffoon.

silverscreenselect

#191 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

Surgeon General Jerome Adams 3/23/20 wrote:I want America to understand this week, it’s going to get bad. And we really need to come together as a nation. There are not enough people out there who are taking this seriously... Everyone needs to act as if they have the virus right now. So test or no test, we need you to understand you could be spreading it to someone else, or you could be getting it from someone else.
Donald Trump 3/22/20 wrote:WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!
One of these men based his opinion on a careful evaluation of the available scientific and medical data. The other based his opinion on statements by Fox News host Steven Hilton. Care to guess which was which?

flockofseagulls104

#192 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 am

I have said all I can. Nothing is more important than bashing trump for some people. Nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING. Knock yourselves out.

flockofseagulls104

#193 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:05 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 pm

I'm afraid we won't see Dr. Fauci again.
Yeah, He'll get fired just like Rosenstein and Mueller.

silverscreenselect

#194 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:35 am

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 am
I have said all I can. Nothing is more important than bashing trump for some people.
What should be more important to you is the idea that Trump may well cut back on the Federal guidelines about social distancing, and, if he does, idiots like those in the State of Georgia will just rush out to do everything they might have restrained themselves from for two weeks just because Donald Trump now says it's safe.

And what should be more important to you is that the federal government is showing no leadership whatsoever in trying to coordinate the manufacture and distribution of badly needed medical supplies so that affected states are now bidding against each other for these scant resources.

And this isn't Trump of three years ago or three months ago or three weeks ago. This is Trump of today and he's continuing to do untold damage to our nation's health and economy. That's what should be important to everyone. Except, of course for his enablers.

flockofseagulls104

#195 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:35 am
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:04 am
I have said all I can. Nothing is more important than bashing trump for some people.
What should be more important to you is the idea that Trump may well cut back on the Federal guidelines about social distancing, and, if he does, idiots like those in the State of Georgia will just rush out to do everything they might have restrained themselves from for two weeks just because Donald Trump now says it's safe.

And what should be more important to you is that the federal government is showing no leadership whatsoever in trying to coordinate the manufacture and distribution of badly needed medical supplies so that affected states are now bidding against each other for these scant resources.

And this isn't Trump of three years ago or three months ago or three weeks ago. This is Trump of today and he's continuing to do untold damage to our nation's health and economy. That's what should be important to everyone. Except, of course for his enablers.
Watch the Levin show and get educated. Or don't and stay stupid. I have no doubt you will choose to stay stupid.

silverscreenselect

#196 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm
Watch the Levin show and get educated. Or don't and stay stupid. I have no doubt you will choose to stay stupid.
Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the president’s coronavirus task force, and other leading public health experts have told administration officials and Republican lawmakers that prematurely scaling back social distancing measures would hamper efforts to mitigate the virus and would devastate hospitals, according to the people with knowledge of the conversations, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private deliberations. More than 30,000 people in the United States have tested positive for the coronavirus, a number expected to significantly increase in the coming days and potentially overwhelm the nation’s health-care infrastructure.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

silverscreenselect

#197 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:33 pm

Lindsay Graham 3/23/20 wrote:When it comes to how to fight #CoronavirusPandemic, I'm making my decisions based on healthcare professionals like Dr. Fauci and others, not political punditry. Try running an economy with major hospitals overflowing, doctors and nurses forced to stop treating some because they can't help all, and every moment of gut-wrenching medical chaos being played out in our living rooms, on TV, on social media, and shown all around the world. There is no functioning economy unless we control the virus.
Donald Trump 3/23/20 wrote:Don't forget the doctors. If it were up to the doctors they may say, 'Let's keep it shut down, let's shut down the entire world,' because again, you're up to almost 150 countries. 'So let's shut down the entire world. And when we shut it down, that'd be wonderful, and let's keep it shut for a couple of years,' you know we can't do that.
I rarely agree with Lindsay Graham, but at least he knows enough to listen to the health professionals and not the idiots at Fox News who were telling us just a month ago that there was nothing to worry about. I don't think Trump has ever fully grasped the severity of this situation, and even now he views it as a chance to be Mr. Wartime President, so he can declare victory next week.

He can browbeat the press; he can browbeat his political opponents; he can't browbeat a virus, but that's exactly what he's trying to do. Right now, he's playing with the health of every person in this country because some nitwits at Fox News put some ideas into his head.

Cases Reported in US 3/23: 10,168
Total Cases in US: 46,145

Deaths Reported in US 3/23: 140
Total Deaths in US: 582

The total number of cases and deaths jumped by nearly one-third yesterday. These numbers are not good, as Trump is claiming, and they are showing no signs of going down. So far, most of the cases and deaths have been in blue states, but both Texas and Georgia will be over 1,000 cases tomorrow. Even our diehard Republican governor Brian Kemp here in Georgia issued a form of a lockdown order today.

silverscreenselect

#198 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 am

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick wrote:No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.
Next week, there will lots of jobs when they start hiring at the Soylent Green factory.

flockofseagulls104

#199 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 am
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick wrote:No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.
Next week, there will lots of jobs when they start hiring at the Soylent Green factory.
What if it comes to that choice?
Me, I think I'd rather take my chances rather than sentence future generations to a life of misery. That's just my thoughts on that subject.

silverscreenselect

#200 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 am

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:41 am
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 am
What if it comes to that choice?
Me, I think I'd rather take my chances rather than sentence future generations to a life of misery. That's just my thoughts on that subject.
What about your family's chances? What about the chances of everyone who is going to be affected by the collapse of the health care system when there aren't enough medical personnel, supplies, and hospitals to treat all kinds of diseases, not just the coronavirus?

But keep listening to Fox News. They obviously know more than our scientific community.