Incompetence may have spread the virus

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Incompetence may have spread the virus

#126 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:24 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:36 pm
Tell us how it would be different . . . .
I'm guessing no one else would be stupid enough to loosen federal rules designed to control the spread of infections in nursing homes.

Except possibly for you. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#127 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:24 pm
Tell us how it would be different . . . .
I'm guessing no one else would be stupid enough to loosen federal rules designed to control the spread of infections in nursing homes.

Except possibly for you. --Bob
As usual, only the batphone side of the story. The critics are correct, until they get the power and the unintended consequences can be used against them.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-rele ... ations-put
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#128 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:45 pm

As usual, only the batphone side of the story.
So, by an odd coincidence, organizations concerned with senior care safety are opposed to Trump's new guidelines, while the nursing home industry is in favor of them because "cutting red tape" is usually a synonym for increasing profits by ignoring safety and hoping nothing goes wrong.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

wbtravis007

#129 Post by wbtravis007 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:42 am
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:12 am

But that was the bill that was passed, Mr President. It's called compromise. It's what the congress is supposed to do.
In deference to ms beebs, I will leave you alone, mr president, to continue your whining and complaining about mr trump. I hope you can extrapolate my point. You can continue your politicizing of a national emergency for all to see how shallow your thinking is. It is so easy for those who have one goal: to accumulate power for themselves, to criticize those who actually have to deal with the emergency. To say: if only we had the power, things would be better. We have been doing this bullshit ever since I have been aware, and when the power shifts from one party to another, the roles reverse.
It would be nice, for a change, for the federal government to work together to solve what they can, and have the wisdom to know what they should leave to the states or the people, like the constitution advises.
This "compromise" is going to force sick workers who should stay home to choose between staying and their paycheck. Some of those workers are going to go to work, spreading the disease. And if Donny had, for once, used the bully pulpit afforded by the Oval Office to push for a clean bill that provides sick leave for everyone, it would have passed that way.

But even in this national emergency, he's more worried about big corporate profits than he is about the health and wellbeing of the American people. --Bob
Of course he is, bobby. And we all know that if he did what you just suggested, you would have found something else wrong with it or how he said it, and let us all know about it. Keep going. Tell us how it would be different, and we'd all be living in shangra-la with not a worry in the world if only hillary or joe or bernie or you were pres. And we'll all laugh at you.
Oh, trust me. "People" are laughing. At "someone."

silverscreenselect

#130 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Here's a graphic of the coronavirus spread that's so simple that even Flock might understand it:

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#131 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:50 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 pm
Here's a graphic of the coronavirus spread that's so simple that even Flock might understand it:

What's terrifying about this graph is that it measures only confirmed cases. Given the lack of available testing, the number of actual cases is surely many times this number.

The curve is exponential. And it's bad. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#132 Post by Estonut » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:44 am
I'm thinking that employers such as McDonald's and Walmart can afford sick leave.
Are you aware that about 90% of McDonald's locations world-wide are owned by franchisees? Please enlighten us to what you know about all of their finances.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#133 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 am

Estonut wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 am
Bob78164 wrote:
I'm thinking that employers such as McDonald's and Walmart can afford sick leave.
Are you aware that about 90% of McDonald's locations world-wide are owned by franchisees? Please enlighten us to what you know about all of their finances.
Do you know what the blowback will be against McDonalds if one of a franchisee's employees infects hundreds of people because he stayed at work because he didn't have sick leave? I don't think McDonalds would get very far trying to shift the blame to some franchisee. They can certainly help those franchisees out in a crisis if they wanted to.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#134 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:44 am

Estonut wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:01 am
Bob78164 wrote:
I know that the Obama Labor Department held that McDonald's itself was responsible as a joint employer. And I know that Donny's Labor Department (headed by Mitch McConnell's wife) reversed that decision. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#135 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Donald Trump wrote:People are talking about July, August – or something like that
Uh, oh.... looks like Flock is going to have to change his tune now that his boss has spoken. Of course, one good day on the stock market could get Trump to change his mind again. It's times like this that I feel sorry for Flock and his fellow true believers, not sure what to say from one day to the next.

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Bob Juch

#136 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Donald Trump wrote:People are talking about July, August – or something like that
Uh, oh.... looks like Flock is going to have to change his tune now that his boss has spoken. Of course, one good day on the stock market could get Trump to change his mind again. It's times like this that I feel sorry for Flock and his fellow true believers, not sure what to say from one day to the next.

The Dow plunged another 1000 points while trump was speaking.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#137 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Are you happy?
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#138 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Dow Jones Industrial Average 1/23/17 (3 days into Trump presidency): 20,195
DJIA 3/16/20: 20,188

I think we can now safely say that this is Donald Trump's economy.

Bob Juch

#139 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:43 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

Are you happy?
No, I've lost a shipload.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#140 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 am

Marco Rubio wrote:Please stop spreading stupid rumors about marshall law.

COMPLETELY FALSE

We will continue to see closings & restrictions on hours of non-essential businesses in certain cities & states. But that is NOT marshall law.
Marco Rubio (8 hours later) wrote:I apologize for the typo.

I meant to type stupid rumors about marital law not marshall law

My bad
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#141 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 am

jarnon wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 am
Marco Rubio wrote:Please stop spreading stupid rumors about marshall law.

COMPLETELY FALSE

We will continue to see closings & restrictions on hours of non-essential businesses in certain cities & states. But that is NOT marshall law.
Marco Rubio (8 hours later) wrote:I apologize for the typo.

I meant to type stupid rumors about marital law not marshall law

My bad
Now their going to dictate restrictions on married people? Fed Gov is totally out of control.

Haha I did my own Rubio. It's THEY'RE.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#142 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:56 am

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 am
Now their going to dictate restrictions on married people? Fed Gov is totally out of control.
There are a lot of married couples who could use some social distancing from each other.

silverscreenselect

#143 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:48 pm

That was then:
Donald Trump 1/22/20 wrote:[Q: Are you concerned about a possible pandemic?] No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.
Donald Trump 1/24/20 wrote:It will all work out well.
Donald Trump 1/30/20 wrote:We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment—five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.
Donald Trump 2/2/20 wrote:Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China
Donald Trump 2/10/20 wrote:Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.
Donald Trump 2/19/20 wrote:I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along
Donald Trump 2/23/20 wrote:We have [coronavirus] very much under control in this country. We had 12 [people with the disease], at one point. And now they’ve gotten very much better. Many of them are fully recovered.
Donald Trump 2/26/20 wrote:The level that we’ve had in our country is very low, and those people are getting better...[W]e’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.
Donald Trump 2/28/20 wrote: If we were doing a bad job, we should also be criticized. But we have done an incredible job. We’re going to continue. It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.
Donald Trump 2/29/20 wrote:Since the early stages of the foreign outbreak, my administration has taken the most aggressive action in modern history to confront the spread of this disease. We moved very early. That was one of the decisions we made that really turned out to be a lifesaver, in a sense. A big lifesaver.
Donald Trump 3/10/20 wrote:And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.
This is now:
Donald Trump 3/17/20 wrote:I've always known this is real. This is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.

flockofseagulls104

#144 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Geez, with all the business closings, layoffs, school closings, talk of sending taxpayer money to everyone, spending out the wazoo, it seems just like a democrat has just been elected president.

silverscreenselect

#145 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm
Geez, with all the business closings, layoffs, school closings, talk of sending taxpayer money to everyone, spending out the wazoo, it seems just like a democrat has just been elected president.
Just wait another eight months. You'll get your wish.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#146 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:38 pm

I dunno. Maybe give this thread a rest?
Well, then

tlynn78

#147 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:43 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

Are you happy?
Of course they are. Idiots.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#148 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:40 am

The Administration ran an exercise late last year. They knew we weren't ready. They knew we weren't adequately funded. They knew coordination between agencies was utterly inadequate. And yet Donny dawdled for months, months that could have been used to get the country a lot closer to ready.

Elections have consequences. What we're now living through is one of those consequences. And what we'll see in the next several months is another. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#149 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:40 am
The Administration ran an exercise late last year. They knew we weren't ready. They knew we weren't adequately funded. They knew coordination between agencies was utterly inadequate. And yet Donny dawdled for months, months that could have been used to get the country a lot closer to ready.

Elections have consequences. What we're now living through is one of those consequences. And what we'll see in the next several months is another. --Bob
Maybe if the president were not being impeached by the house at that time, he might have been able to give it more attention. That being said, he did order travel restrictions from china which have saved a lot of lives and delayed the spread during that time that the dems in congress were tied up and 'dawdling' with their impeachment obsession.
Blame, blame, blame. Very helpful, bobby.

flockofseagulls104

#150 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:43 pm

No, we cannot expect you to change. You need to be obsessed and outraged with trump. Perhaps you can be outraged at something else. China knew about this virus for a long time. They silenced the doctor who first raised an alarm about it, who subsequently died of it. They purposely misreported about it. They kicked out foreign scientists. They are still trying to spread propaganda that it came from american soldiers. Who knows where we would be today if we had known the truth earlier? Do you?

Why, oh why, bobby, are you not enraged and outraged by these facts? You have not said one word about this. Since you are obviously interested in BLAME instead of HELPING THE SITUATION, this is something you should have an interest in, I would think.

It looks like, to me, that your outrage is always specifically directed at one, and only one, target.