Your Sauciness!!!1

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Earl the Squirrel

Your Sauciness!!!1

#1 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:12 pm

Are you familiar with the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria and could you give me a review and/or personal opinion? My sister and I try to take one holiday trip per year (last year was cancelled because she ended up having to go to Wiscahnsin for a few weeks on a work thing) and are thinking of a knitting retreat. Yeah, we know how to partay....

The rooms and workshops are being held on the Gold Floor, not sure if that's good, bad or otherwise. It's at the end of October, but Victoria is quite temperate year round, yes?

My sister is against it since we don't have passports, but I'm keeping it in the running and can use some good ammunition. "But, but.... I actually know a real, genuine Canadian! It will be okay!!"

I would also really love stay a couple extra days to visit a rose garden (?) of some repute that I vaguely recall hearing about as well as a feline rescue located in Langley while we're there. You up for that?

a1mamacat

Re: Your Sauciness!!!1

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:12 pm
Are you familiar with the Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria and could you give me a review and/or personal opinion? My sister and I try to take one holiday trip per year (last year was cancelled because she ended up having to go to Wiscahnsin for a few weeks on a work thing) and are thinking of a knitting retreat. Yeah, we know how to partay....

The rooms and workshops are being held on the Gold Floor, not sure if that's good, bad or otherwise. It's at the end of October, but Victoria is quite temperate year round, yes?

My sister is against it since we don't have passports, but I'm keeping it in the running and can use some good ammunition. "But, but.... I actually know a real, genuine Canadian! It will be okay!!"

I would also really love stay a couple extra days to visit a rose garden (?) of some repute that I vaguely recall hearing about as well as a feline rescue located in Langley while we're there. You up for that?
Oh Hell YEAH!!!

I am quite familiar with the Empress, and I think you and sis would really love it. They redid much of it over the last couple of years, and it is gorgeous. October is extremely nice here, and that garden has fleurs tout le temp. We have some wonderful wool shops here too, and it's cheaper than visiting London :P Plus I have a luxury car to chauffeur you in :)

I think the rescue is called C.A.R.E.S. Langley is on the mainland, not the island.

Tell sis to get the passport!!!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Earl the Squirrel

#3 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:02 am

Bleah.....

My sister's work has just put a flying restriction on all employees. No flying out of the country AT ALL (not even Canada?!?!? What the hell, they're our Friendly Neighbours, dammit!!) and even in the country they have to wait a mandatory 7 days (unpaid, of course) once home before returning to work.

I'm assuming that this will be over by the end of October, but obviously we have to secure our spots and make reservations long before that...

So our yearly vacation might end up being something exotic like lovely, scenic Nebraska (double bleah....). Or whatever city the Nuggets!!!11 are playing in the Conference Finals (yes, I expect them to be in the the Finals Finals, but that probably won't be driveable (Milwaukee) or doable (Toronto).

How does anybody find fun shit to do in Colorado? You're used to breathtaking beauty and nature's finest work when you see it every day....

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:02 am
Bleah.....

My sister's work has just put a flying restriction on all employees. No flying out of the country AT ALL (not even Canada?!?!? What the hell, they're our Friendly Neighbours, dammit!!) and even in the country they have to wait a mandatory 7 days (unpaid, of course) once home before returning to work.

I'm assuming that this will be over by the end of October, but obviously we have to secure our spots and make reservations long before that...

So our yearly vacation might end up being something exotic like lovely, scenic Nebraska (double bleah....). Or whatever city the Nuggets!!!11 are playing in the Conference Finals (yes, I expect them to be in the the Finals Finals, but that probably won't be driveable (Milwaukee) or doable (Toronto).

How does anybody find fun shit to do in Colorado? You're used to breathtaking beauty and nature's finest work when you see it every day....
:shock: :(
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!