WGAS radio

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

WGAS radio

#1 Post by christie1111 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:17 pm

Apparently one our suppliers has a plant in Gastonia. I was on a conference call when a list of their plant location came. I did feel the need to I'M someone who was on the call about the call letters. He did find it funny. My understanding is that the fabric store that I visited had closed.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Ritterskoop

Re: WGAS radio

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Most of the good ones are closed, yes. Mary Jo's, which closed last summer, was among the most iconic.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

christie1111
11:11

Re: WGAS radio

#3 Post by christie1111 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:23 pm

I knew about Mar Jo's and that was one place I went to Really nice people as well.

Many stores are closing due to online places that have good reputations. Even one of the good quality stores are going completely online. One that happened was Keepsake quilting. I was there a couple of times in person because my Aunt and Uncle had a restaurant practically across the street.They were fascinated that whole tour buses would stop and everyone went shopping. Luckily they sometimes went to eat at the family restaurant. That has now been sold and reopened under new management so thcould move south.

Keepsake always had a cataloge and good quality fabric. They have been online for awhile so I think it will continue.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"