Westminster! Daniel! Daniel! Daniel!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Westminster! Daniel! Daniel! Daniel!

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:15 pm

I'll teach LB to accuse me of posting postage stamp size images.

Daniel won the sporting group but did not win. Winner in a minute.

-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Westminster! Daniel! Daniel! Daniel!

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:17 pm

The winner! Yay Siba!

-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Vinny, the wire Fox Terrier

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:24 pm

Wilma the Boxer

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Bourbon the Whippet

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:31 pm

Bono the Havanese

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Conrad the Shetland sheepdog (herding group)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:19 am

Where are the mutts?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#9 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Conrad the Shetland sheepdog (herding group)
Don't wish to offend or act like a know-it-all, because I am far from an expert, but I think ya gots the wrong doggie here. THIS is a picture of Conrad:

I believe you have a sheepdog, just not a "Sheltie", a breed I always think of as "Little Lassies", even though they are not small Collies.

"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:49 pm

We had a Sheltie when I grew up. She was incredibly smart.

That one was apparently put through the fluff cycle.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SpacemanSpiff

#11 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:04 pm

One of the frustrations I have with dog shows is the judging in the Hound group.

The problem is that hounds are basically two subgroups - scent hounds (e.g., bassets, bloodhounds, coon hounds, beagles, etc.) and sight hounds (whippets, greyhounds, salukis, afghans, etc.). As a basset owner, I naturally lean towards the scent hounds.

The problem is the judges tend to favor one type over the other. Other that Knotty, a bloodhound that did very well in some shows about fifteen years ago, scent hounds rarely pop up as Best In Group. In fact, of the top four hounds selected at Westminster this year, all were sight hounds.

At least they judge the Hounds first, so I can quickly get my disappointment in and change the channel.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Not to get too mushy (OK, maybe a little mushy), but it is impossible for you to offend me, Mr. T-Bone. Especially when you're right.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and get do-overs on all my mistakes this week. And I would get rid of whatever ailment is decimating the ranks of my bridge and Toastmasters clubs.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm
Not to get too mushy (OK, maybe a little mushy), but it is impossible for you to offend me, Mr. T-Bone. Especially when you're right.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and get do-overs on all my mistakes this week. And I would get rid of whatever ailment is decimating the ranks of my bridge and Toastmasters clubs.
Maybe they're sick because it's 16° overnight. 🙄
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#14 Post by Evil Squirrel » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:12 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
I wish I could wave a magic wand and get do-overs on all my mistakes this week.
Aw, Sprotsie Baby! You can always atone for your sins and give me those scritches you owe me anytime!!! :D :D :D
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:12 am
SportsFan68 wrote:
I wish I could wave a magic wand and get do-overs on all my mistakes this week.
Aw, Sprotsie Baby! You can always atone for your sins and give me those scritches you owe me anytime!!! :D :D :D
Yeah, right. Same as those JJC points you owe me . . .

Vandal
Director of Promos

#16 Post by Vandal » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Schnauzers Rioting Outside Madison Square Garden Following Westminster Dog Show Defeat

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster