Tonight

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Tonight

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:43 pm

We go to Kirby's Steakhouse for our anniversary date and to use #1 son's gift certificate.

What is astoundingly pathetic is that I have NO dressy shoes. Me, who used to have shoes out the ass. Plus, the nice slacks I got A WHILE ago...had a dust fold from hanging in disuse. I pulled out some black sandal shoe croc things that would have looked fine. No. Really.

Kilt my feet in 2 minutes, so it is the black jeweled flips. Don't care if it's 40 degrees.

So, Jeff looking for the black dressy silk shirt that he hasn't worn in forever, that required mild ironing to remove the hanging dust folds...and, we discovered a black leather jacket that came from who knows when, but it's cool. He'll look like a gangster with trailer trash flipflop girl.

All I know is that I'm getting a roquefort filet, blistered brussels and onion rings. And oysters ladybird.

We flyin' high!
Well, then

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Tonight

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm

You live in Houston. You can't live much farther south than that and still speak English, with the possible exception of South Africa. Furthermore, 40 degrees in Houston is above freezing. It's above freezing everywhere, but in Houston, it counts like a balmy 65 degree winter day anywhere else. (Psychology beats science.) Nobody should own closed-toe shoes in Houston. You will look fabu. Have fun and eat hearty!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:43 pm
We go to Kirby's Steakhouse for our anniversary date and to use #1 son's gift certificate.

What is astoundingly pathetic is that I have NO dressy shoes. Me, who used to have shoes out the ass. Plus, the nice slacks I got A WHILE ago...had a dust fold from hanging in disuse. I pulled out some black sandal shoe croc things that would have looked fine. No. Really.

Kilt my feet in 2 minutes, so it is the black jeweled flips. Don't care if it's 40 degrees.

So, Jeff looking for the black dressy silk shirt that he hasn't worn in forever, that required mild ironing to remove the hanging dust folds...and, we discovered a black leather jacket that came from who knows when, but it's cool. He'll look like a gangster with trailer trash flipflop girl.

All I know is that I'm getting a roquefort filet, blistered brussels and onion rings. And oysters ladybird.

We flyin' high!
Oysters Ladybird: Pan Fried, Saffron Braised Leeks, Béarnaise Sauce. 😋
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:34 pm

It was all reallly reallly good. Oysters just the right amount. Everything else huge. Burp.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:36 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:17 pm
You live in Houston. You can't live much farther south than that and still speak English, with the possible exception of South Africa. Furthermore, 40 degrees in Houston is above freezing. It's above freezing everywhere, but in Houston, it counts like a balmy 65 degree winter day anywhere else. (Psychology beats science.) Nobody should own closed-toe shoes in Houston. You will look fabu. Have fun and eat hearty!
It's 48° in Houston right now. It's 52° in downtown Tucson. Both are better than 28° in OKC. :P

We have people around here wearing shorts and sandals now. They're from Minnesota and Michigan. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#6 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

We flyin' high!
What is Oysters ladybird? New one to me.

and Congrats to you and Ranger Jeff.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:57 am

a1mamacat wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm
Beebs52 wrote:

We flyin' high!
What is Oysters ladybird? New one to me.

and Congrats to you and Ranger Jeff.
I had never had them either. Saw on the menu and just like BobJ said, panfried, saffron bearnaise sauce. They were scrumptious.
Well, then