Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#901 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 pm
Donny has blocked Iran's foreign minister from entering the country to address the U.N. General Assembly. This is a violation of U.S. law (passed in 1947), which requires the United States to allow entry to foreign diplomats in order to conduct business with the United Nations. --Bob
https://www.lawfareblog.com/aboutalebi- ... precedents
Thanks. So if we have a valid security reason for denying entry to Iran's foreign minister (diplomatic embarrassment doesn't count), the denial may be defensible, and it would ultimately be subject to arbitration.

What's the security reason for denying entry to Iran's foreign minister? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#902 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:39 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Donny has blocked Iran's foreign minister from entering the country to address the U.N. General Assembly. This is a violation of U.S. law (passed in 1947), which requires the United States to allow entry to foreign diplomats in order to conduct business with the United Nations. --Bob
Thanks. So if we have a valid security reason for denying entry to Iran's foreign minister (diplomatic embarrassment doesn't count), the denial may be defensible, and it would ultimately be subject to arbitration.

You're kidding, right?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#903 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

You're kidding, right?
Not even a little bit. Other than saying things to the U.N. that we don't like (which doesn't count), how do you think his presence could hurt our security? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#904 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Beebs52 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:14 pm
Bob78164 wrote:

You're kidding, right?
Not even a little bit. Other than saying things to the U.N. that we don't like (which doesn't count), how do you think his presence could hurt our security? --Bob
Doesn't even rate a bless yer heart.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#905 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
From Foreign Policy:
But even before the current crisis, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in recent months had sought to restrict the ability of [Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad] Zarif—a skilled debater who has studied in the United States and has extensive contacts with American journalists—to make his case to the American public during previous visits to the United States.

In July, the United States restricted his movement to a few blocks in Manhattan and Queens, preventing Zarif from making his regular visits to TV studios, universities, and think tanks. Pompeo defended the decision, noting that American diplomats lack freedom to travel in Iran. The United States broke off diplomatic relations with Iran after the revolution. Iran is permitted to maintain a diplomatic outpost in midtown Manhattan to conduct U.N. business.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/06/tr ... y-council/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#906 Post by Estonut » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I am SHOCKED that Bob didn't run across while doing his own, exhaustive research prior to posting his opinion...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#907 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 am

James Clapper, former Director of National Intelligence.

Aside from his ridiculous statement that Soliemani should be held blameless because HE didn't ACTUALLY plant IED's himself, he doesn't even know the difference between eminent and imminent. Using his logic, Trump is not to blame for offing Soleimani, it was the damn drone pilot.
He was Director of National INTELLIGENCE! And you leftists call trump stupid?

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=267275
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#908 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 am

Aside from his ridiculous statement that Soliemani should be held blameless because HE didn't ACTUALLY plant IED's himself, he doesn't even know the difference between eminent and imminent. Using his logic, Trump is not to blame for offing Soleimani, it was the damn drone pilot.

Clapper didn't say that Soleimani should be held blameless. He only questioned whether killing Soleimani thwarted an imminent attack. And that's hard to demonstrate. If there was an attack planned, the way to stop it is to kill the attackers or otherwise cripple their means of carrying out the attack. If we somehow learned about 9/11 the day before, the way to stop it wouldn't have been to kill Osama bin Laden but to kill or arrest the hijackers. Similarly, in a more traditional military context, if the Germans managed to kill Dwight Eisenhower the day before D-Day, that wouldn't have stopped the invasion.

And based on your bringing it up, I'd say you don't know the difference between eminent and imminent.

jarnon

#909 Post by jarnon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:20 pm

David Frum wrote:If a threat is imminent, killing the guy at the very top of the chain of command won't stop it.

If killing the guy at the top of the chain of command will stop it, the threat is not imminent.

Killing bin Laden on 9/10 would not have prevented 9/11.
Frum makes this point more clearly than either Clapper or Bob. And Frum's political worldview is a lot like Flock's.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#910 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:20 pm
David Frum wrote:If a threat is imminent, killing the guy at the very top of the chain of command won't stop it.

If killing the guy at the top of the chain of command will stop it, the threat is not imminent.

Frum makes this point more clearly than either Clapper or Bob. And Frum's political worldview is a lot like Flock's.
To put it another way, killing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff the day before the drone strike wouldn't have stopped the drone strike. --Bob

jarnon

#911 Post by jarnon » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:31 pm
jarnon wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:20 pm

To put it another way, killing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff the day before the drone strike wouldn't have stopped the drone strike. --Bob
Sorry I should have said Frum makes this point more clearly than either Clapper or SSS. As for Bob, no need to mention murdering a Princeton man.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#912 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 am

Drones don't kill terrorists, missiles kill terrorists.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#913 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 pm

I just really can't believe you people. The man has been killing people, many of them American, for years. He directs many proxy terrorist organizations all over the world. He just directed an organized attack on our embassy in Iraq, which is an attack on our sovereign territory. And yet you hate trump more.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#914 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 pm
I just really can't believe you people. The man has been killing people, many of them American, for years. He directs many proxy terrorist organizations all over the world. He just directed an organized attack on our embassy in Iraq, which is an attack on our sovereign territory. And yet you hate trump more.
Payback is going to be a bitch, that's why.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#915 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:39 pm
Actually, the Iranians chose a very measured response to the killing (assuming they don't do anything else). This attack appears to have been designed to minimize the risk of casualties. The Iranians blew up some stuff on an airbase and are leaving it to Trump to see what he'll do.

flockofseagulls104

#916 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:15 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:
Actually, the Iranians chose a very measured response to the killing (assuming they don't do anything else). This attack appears to have been designed to minimize the risk of casualties. The Iranians blew up some stuff on an airbase and are leaving it to Trump to see what he'll do.
For once I can agree with something you post. I am cautiously optimistic. Apparently their weaponry is supposed to be much better than that and they purposely missed human targets. Reagan believed in peace through strength and accomplished a lot without sending us to war. I know you hate trump, but no, he does not want a war. It all depends on if Iran decides it does.
I would hope tomorrow he reminds Iran that we are much more powerful than they are and not to escalate. And then invites them to talk.

Bob Juch

#917 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:15 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm
Bob Juch wrote:

For once I can agree with something you post. I am cautiously optimistic. Apparently their weaponry is supposed to be much better than that and they purposely missed human targets. Reagan believed in peace through strength and accomplished a lot without sending us to war. I know you hate trump, but no, he does not want a war. It all depends on if Iran decides it does.
I would hope tomorrow he reminds Iran that we are much more powerful than they are and not to escalate. And then invites them to talk.
It remains to be seen if the rockets or missiles had any sort of guidance system. They may have been as dumb as V-2s.

That attack may be the last official Iranian response, but remember there are Iranian-backed militias in Iraq and Syria that may have their own responses.

jarnon

#918 Post by jarnon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#919 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Neither Trump, nor ANY conservative, will ever get the Nobel peace prize. It is only for liberals.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#920 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm
Neither Trump, nor ANY conservative, will ever get the Nobel peace prize. It is only for liberals.
Actually that's pretty funny, let alone mostly true.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#921 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:28 pm
Actually that's pretty funny, let alone mostly true.
Just like Trix are for kids.

jarnon

#922 Post by jarnon » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

I checked the list, and the last U.S. conservative was Kissinger nearly 50 years ago. Since then three conservatives from other countries got the prize. All four shared the prize with somebody more liberal.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

a1mamacat

#923 Post by a1mamacat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm

such a little Bitch Boy!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#924 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:30 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm
such a little Bitch Boy!
I agree he should stop tweeting stupid shit.
But Canada, such a little bitch country?
Love ya, but who do you rely on for whatever?
I don't think you're a little bitch country, but grow the fuck up.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#925 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:30 pm
a1mamacat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm
such a little Bitch Boy!
I agree he should stop tweeting stupid shit.
But Canada, such a little bitch country?
Love ya, but who do you rely on for whatever?
I don't think you're a little bitch country, but grow the fuck up.
Trudeau on the other hand...
Well, then