#Towergate #FakeNews

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: #Towergate #FakeNews

#126 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Name the trump supporters on the team. How badly are they outnumbered?
I've got a question for you. Suppose there were "enough" Trump supporters on Mueller's investigation team. If they are competent, honest, ethical attorneys, what would they do differently from what Mueller's team is currently doing?
  • Find out what was discussed on the tarmac between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.
    Demand the Dem Nat Com hand over the computers that were hacked
    Investigate the Russian Connection to the Clinton Campaign
    Investigate how Clinton's exoneration report was written before they even interviewed Clinton
    Indict Andrew McCabe for lying to Congress
    Investigate who and for what reason Susan Rice unmasked so many people
    Hold the Clinton Campaign to the same level of scrutiny that they are giving to the trump campaign
    Indict James Comey for intentionally leaking confidential memos so the council would be created.
    Investigate the Pakastani IT people who possibly hacked the DNC Computers

I could go on...
    OR

Limit the investigation to what it was called to do: Russian collusion with the trump campaign.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#127 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Mueller himself is a lifelong Republican. --Bob
I confuse establishment, McCain Republicans with Democrats all the time. My bad. Name the trump supporters on the team. How badly are they outnumbered?
There aren't any; you have to be intelligent to be an investigator.
housefly
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#128 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Name the trump supporters on the team. How badly are they outnumbered?
I've got a question for you. Suppose there were "enough" Trump supporters on Mueller's investigation team. If they are competent, honest, ethical attorneys, what would they do differently from what Mueller's team is currently doing?
  • Find out what was discussed on the tarmac between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.
    Investigate how Clinton's exoneration report was written before they even interviewed Clinton
    Hold the Clinton Campaign to the same level of scrutiny that they are giving to the trump campaign
    Indict James Comey for intentionally leaking confidential memos so the council would be created.

I could go on...
    OR

Limit the investigation to what it was called to do: Russian collusion with the trump campaign.
Or, in other words, waste time and money going after nothingburgers and allowing the guilty people in Trump's campaign to get off scot free.

Now, I will admit that the Justice Department under Trump is currently wasting plenty of time and effort doing things like contending that Obamacare is unconstitutional, but they and the FBI still have plenty of resources available to investigate and prosecute other crimes.

The inspector general's report today found plenty of sloppiness and poor judgment on the part of the FBI but intent at a coverup or active attempt to aid Clinton. In fact, everything that has come out has indicated that the FBI treated the Trump probe far more delicately than they did the Clinton probe.

But that's not enough. With those on the right, it's like the quest for Moby Dick. If someone investigates just a little bit more than they will find something to nail the Clintons on or prove that there really is this vast conspiracy against Trump. And then they do investigate a bit more and find nothing. And a bit more and still find nothing.

Here's a good nonpartisan analysis of the Inspector General's report:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/nine-takeaw ... estigation
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#129 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Here's a good nonpartisan analysis of the Inspector General's report:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/nine-takeaw ... estigation
Thanks for that interesting article. I won't slog through whole 500-page report, but I will read the 14-page executive summary.

For those who, like himself, hate long boring documemts, Trump provided a short summary.
Donald J. Trump wrote:The IG Report is a total disaster for Comey, his minions and sadly, the FBI. Comey will now officially go down as the worst leader, by far, in the history of the FBI. I did a great service to the people in firing him. Good Instincts. Christopher Wray will bring it proudly back!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#130 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 am

I could go on...
    OR

You're the prince of whataboutism, aren't you?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#131 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:35 am

Donald Trump 6/15/18 wrote:"Hey, [Kim] is the head of a country and I mean he is the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."
Coming next week: goose stepping and palms out salutes.

flockofseagulls104

#132 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 am

Or, in other words, waste time and money going after nothingburgers.
Why not? We've been doing that for more than a year now. All based on one joke trump made on the campaign about clinton's emails.

silverscreenselect

#133 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 am

Or, in other words, waste time and money going after nothingburgers.
Why not? We've been doing that for more than a year now. All based on one joke trump made on the campaign about clinton's emails.
What are we up to now? 20 Indictments or Guilty Pleas. It was based on a lot more than one joke that Trump made. Of course, if you choose to ignore everything in the genuine media while giving credence to everything that pops up on Breitbart, then it is nothing.

I assure you Paul Manafort doesn't think it's nothing. Nor does Rick Gates. Nor does George Papadopoulos. Nor does Michael Flynn. Nor does Richard Pinedo. Nor does Alex van der Zwaan. Nor do those behind at least one of the Russian companies that have been indicted and are now fighting it in court.

BackInTex

#134 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 am

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#135 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:51 am

DOJ watchdog says James Comey broke FBI policy by keeping, leaking Trump meeting memos

Add this to the list of violations of rules by Comey. If I were on the House Judiciary Committee, I wouldn't mention firing Comey in my list of impeachable offenses.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#136 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:12 am

jarnon wrote:DOJ watchdog says James Comey broke FBI policy by keeping, leaking Trump meeting memos

Add this to the list of violations of rules by Comey. If I were on the House Judiciary Committee, I wouldn't mention firing Comey in my list of impeachable offenses.
I would. Donny had no idea that those memos existed, much less that Comey had leaked them, when he made the decision to fire Comey. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#137 Post by jarnon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 am

Comey found a silver lining.
James Comey wrote:DOJ IG "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media." I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a “sorry we lied about you” would be nice.

And to all those who’ve spent two years talking about me “going to jail” or being a “liar and a leaker”—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#138 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:32 am

jarnon wrote:Comey found a silver lining.
James Comey wrote:DOJ IG "found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media." I don’t need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a “sorry we lied about you” would be nice.

And to all those who’ve spent two years talking about me “going to jail” or being a “liar and a leaker”—ask yourselves why you still trust people who gave you bad info for so long, including the president.

That is hilarious!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#139 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:DOJ watchdog says James Comey broke FBI policy by keeping, leaking Trump meeting memos

I would. --Bob
Of course you would.

Trump had the authority and right to do it. It is not an impeachable offense. So of course you, like so many of your profession, file a baseless case to harass or intimidate someone into something they shouldn’t have to do. Thanks for continuing to justify the bad reputation Lawyers have.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#140 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I would. --Bob
Of course you would.

Trump had the authority and right to do it. It is not an impeachable offense. So of course you, like so many of your profession, file a baseless case to harass or intimidate someone into something they shouldn’t have to do. Thanks for continuing to justify the bad reputation Lawyers have.
He fired the guy investigating him in an attempt to stop the investigation. That's obstruction of justice. Period. It's easily impeachable.

Or would you have been okay with it if President Obama had fired Director Comey because the FBI was investigating Hillary Clinton? I didn't think so. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#141 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I would. --Bob
Of course you would.

He fired the guy investigating him in an attempt to stop the investigation. That's obstruction of justice. Period. It's easily impeachable.

Or would you have been okay with it if President Obama had fired Director Comey because the FBI was investigating Hillary Clinton? I didn't think so. --Bob
That is not why he fired him. It was recommended to him.

Anyway Trump knew the investigation was a waste of time and a witch hunt. Comey should be in jail.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#142 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:03 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Of course you would.

That is not why he fired him. It was recommended to him.

Anyway Trump knew the investigation was a waste of time and a witch hunt. Comey should be in jail.
Donny had his mind made up to fire Director Comey before receiving the recommendation. We know that because he told Assistant Attorney General Rosenstein to give him an excuse to fire Comey. Rosenstein obliged. Perhaps you're familiar with the word "pretext." --Bob

jarnon

#143 Post by jarnon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 am

Here is a preview of Horowitz's report.

DOJ watchdog set to release report critical of FBI surveillance of Trump's campaign

If the article is accurate, this report isn't as damning as the previous one, which described serious flaws in the Clinton investigation. One FBI lawyer will be prosecuted, but the senior officials won't face any more punishment. And the convictions of Trump allies won't be overturned.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#144 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:35 pm

jarnon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 am
Here is a preview of Horowitz's report.

DOJ watchdog set to release report critical of FBI surveillance of Trump's campaign

If the article is accurate, this report isn't as damning as the previous one, which described serious flaws in the Clinton investigation. One FBI lawyer will be prosecuted, but the senior officials won't face any more punishment. And the convictions of Trump allies won't be overturned.
My guess is that if you look at any major FBI investigation, you'll find mistakes made. The purpose of the Inspector General is to find those mistakes for the purpose of improving the way the Bureau operates and not to support any political agenda. That won't stop the Republicans from claiming that the failure to find any conspiracy is proof that there was a conspiracy that's covering its tracks.

As for the lawyer who was cited (who has since been fired), it appears he made a misstatement about the documentation he had for a particular claim, and, instead of admitting it, fabricated a document in an attempt to cover his rear end. That's never a good idea. But it doesn't appear to have affected the validity of the search warrants that were issued.

jarnon

#145 Post by jarnon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:41 pm

The Horowitz report has been published:
Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

I read the 19-page executive summary, not the whole 476-page report. It mentions 17 errors in the warrants for surveillance of Carter Page, most of them stemming from bad information from Steele. It also faults Ohr for continuing contact with Steele after he was terminated as an informant.

This story is surprising:
'Dossier' author Chris Steele met Ivanka Trump years before Russia scandal, source says
Curious, but even so, nobody can describe Steele as pro-Trump.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#146 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:14 pm

jarnon wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:41 pm
The Horowitz report has been published:
Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

I read the 19-page executive summary, not the whole 476-page report. It mentions 17 errors in the warrants for surveillance of Carter Page, most of them stemming from bad information from Steele. It also faults Ohr for continuing contact with Steele after he was terminated as an informant.

This story is surprising:
'Dossier' author Chris Steele met Ivanka Trump years before Russia scandal, source says
Curious, but even so, nobody can describe Steele as pro-Trump.
That hasn't stopped Bill Barr from claiming that the IG is wrong. Of course, Barr, Flock, and Hannity are the three biggest Trump apologists and enablers this side of Vladimir Putin.

flockofseagulls104

#147 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 pm

Oh boy. Another addition to my signature and I didn't even need to post anything!!!

What's my ranking? It's important. I need to know who I'll be going against in the semi finals.

jarnon

#148 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:25 pm

jarnon wrote:
If even the executive summary is too long to read, here's an order from a FISA Court judge describing the FBI's worst errors and demanding that they clean up their act. It's almost unheard of for the FISA court to make any sort of public statement. To his credit, FBI Director Wray has already improved the procedure for getting FISA warrants.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#149 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:25 pm
jarnon wrote:
If even the executive summary is too long to read, here's an order from a FISA Court judge describing the FBI's worst errors and demanding that they clean up their act. It's almost unheard of for the FISA court to make any sort of public statement. To his credit, FBI Director Wray has already improved the procedure for getting FISA warrants.
Oh come on now. The Horowitz report exonerated Comey and everyone else. Just normal human mistakes. Happens all the time. Let's get back to impeaching the bastard.

jarnon

#150 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:58 pm

Horowitz issued another report about the FISA warrant process in general.

Justice Department IG Finds Widespread Problems With FBI's FISA Applications

He examined 29 FISA applications. The FBI couldn't find the supporting documentation for four of them, and the rest had between 5 and 65 errors each. So the Carter Page FISA application wasn't a particularly bad example; it was average. Once again the FBI has egg on its face.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי