Vitamin C question

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Vitamin C question

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pm

So, last year we were brutalized by various kindercare crud that rivaled any flubugs. Actually, kiddos got the flu even with shots.
Anyway, I will usually get whatever respiratory devil comes home.

This past couple weeks kiddos had crud, with ear infections ensuing, their mom the same, and Ranger Jeff hacking major crap, snot yadda.

I have had sneezy shit but not THE CRUD. I've been taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C for 3ish months. Do you think that helped? Or am I just lucky this one time?
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Re: Vitamin C question

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:28 pm

There are claims Vitamin C does keep you from catching all the crud going around. You have also probably built up some Immunity to what you’ve been exposed to over these last few years. I say keep it up! Just my non-professional opinion.

OU looking good right now. 🏈🏈🏈

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:03 pm

They need to step up...
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:34 pm

You cannot take too much Vitamin C; it's one of the ones we dispose of if we take too much, and it doesn't build up in the body.

So take it, and gloat. Even if that's not what's keeping you less sick, gloat anyway.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Linus Pauling was a huge fan of Vitamin C. As has been pointed out, you pee out anything not used so it can't hurt. It is only anecdotal but it is thought to boost your immunity.

I take extra every day over top of a normal multi purpose vitamin. I figure it doesn't hurt, so why not.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:07 pm

christie1111 wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:33 pm
Linus Pauling was a huge fan of Vitamin C. As has been pointed out, you pee out anything not used so it can't hurt. It is only anecdotal but it is thought to boost your immunity.

I take extra every day over top of a normal multi purpose vitamin. I figure it doesn't hurt, so why not.
I take a multivitamin, too, plus Vit D, which the NP suggested.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Another question. The np had some reallly high unit dosage for Vit D, that woulda meant 90 bazillion capsules. Typo? I'm taking 50 mg a day now because 90 bazillion not so much.
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#8 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:14 pm

On Vitamin D, I take a prescription strength of 50,000 units, once a week. Costs basically nothing.

It sounds like a lot, but is not going to hurt you, and could help.

Most of us are Vitamin D-deficient now because of the hollering about sunscreen. And other things.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Ritterskoop wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:14 pm
On Vitamin D, I take a prescription strength of 50,000 units, once a week. Costs basically nothing.

Most of us are Vitamin D-deficient now because of the hollering about sunscreen. And other things.
Okay, so mine was 5000 units. But units aren't the pill designation. What do you get pillwise?
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Ima idiot. 25 mcg equals 1000 units per bottle so 5 pills or get diff pills. Ima idiot. Mine should be 35000 a week, 5000 a day
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#11 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks Skoop!
Well, then

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:51 pm

The average person makes enough vitamin D with just 15 minutes of sunlight.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:51 pm

The average person makes enough vitamin D with just 15 minutes of sunlight.
Depends if you're osteoporsisssy
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#14 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 am

Doc and I agree that as long as I am diagnosed as diabetic, I'll stay on the Vitamin D. Many conditions contribute to its deficiency, including, yes, normal bone and calcium loss especially associated with women getting older.

She used to test for the D, but the test costs money, so I said someday, when my blood sugar is below the magic line, then we can revisit Vitamin D. For now, it is so cheap and so non-side-effecty, we'll just stay on it.

We have gone so far to the side of urging sunscreen that now folks don't get any sunlight on their skin, whatever it's called, and we do need little bits of it. My rule is 30 minutes - if I'm not going to be out longer, I don't put on any sunscreen.
--------

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 am

I've been on the 50,000 IU Vitamin D pills once a week for five years now... ever since my previous doc tested for everything but the kitchen sink on me after I felt really awful over the winter of 2014 and found I had the Vitamin D levels of a cadaver (his words). I guess Mecca's fluorescent lights just don't cut it...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:11 am

littlebeast13 wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 am
I've been on the 50,000 IU Vitamin D pills once a week for five years now... ever since my previous doc tested for everything but the kitchen sink on me after I felt really awful over the winter of 2014 and found I had the Vitamin D levels of a cadaver (his words). I guess Mecca's fluorescent lights just don't cut it...

lb13
Glad you're not a zombie kiddo.
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#17 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:34 pm

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 am
Doc and I agree that as long as I am diagnosed as diabetic, I'll stay on the Vitamin D. Many conditions contribute to its deficiency, including, yes, normal bone and calcium loss especially associated with women getting older.

She used to test for the D, but the test costs money, so I said someday, when my blood sugar is below the magic line, then we can revisit Vitamin D. For now, it is so cheap and so non-side-effecty, we'll just stay on it.

We have gone so far to the side of urging sunscreen that now folks don't get any sunlight on their skin, whatever it's called, and we do need little bits of it. My rule is 30 minutes - if I'm not going to be out longer, I don't put on any sunscreen.
My doc also wants me on extra D for bone health along with calcium.

Skoop has a good rule. I try to avoid sunburn like the plague. A bad enough sunburn, and I get horrific cold sores even though I take lysine. This hasn't happened for a long time and hopefully won't again.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#18 Post by Vandal » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 am

You're doing it all wrong:

The bizarre new butt-sunning trend making waves on social media
Just when you thought you'd heard of every new well-being trend under the sun, along comes another one - quite literally about being under the sun.

Well, one part of your body, anyway - your butt.

Social media is ablaze with the phenomenon of butthole sunning after a wellness Instagrammer named Metaphysical Meagan waxed lyrical on the benefits of exposing your private regions to the energising rays of the sun.

But it wasn't just words that got the online world talking, it was a picture of Metaphysical Meagan in the act - carefully edited not to violate the rules of Instagram, of course.

The Californian woman can be seen lying stark naked with her legs in the air, lifting her behind to the sun.

β€œI have been practising this for a few months now," she writes on the post.

"I start my day with 5 minutes of perineum sunning & feel energized for hours.

β€œI no longer rely on coffee for energy to start my day because I am getting my energy from the sun.

https://7news.com.au/news/offbeat/the-b ... a-c-577888
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#19 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 am

If I were to that the sun would go dark.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am

Vandal wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 am

If you want to get sun on your butt, why don't you just lie on your stomach? It would be a lot less tiring (and a couple of towels could protect other parts of your anatomy).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#21 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 am

silverscreenselect wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am
Vandal wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:33 am

If you want to get sun on your butt, why don't you just lie on your stomach? It would be a lot less tiring (and a couple of towels could protect other parts of your anatomy).
I think "butt" sunning is a euphemiism...perineum is the operative word
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#22 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 pm

I may have spoken too soon. I don't have the nasty stuff, just coughy nose crap that's just irritating. So there's that.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:55 am

How much vitamin C should you get every day?

https://nutritionfacts.org/2019/12/05/h ... every-day/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.