I'll let Bob make the call on this one

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

I'll let Bob make the call on this one

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 am

A Tallahassee woman may have gone on an arson spree
On Wednesday, Mia Williams, a 32-year-old who was born male but identifies as female, walked into a Taco Bell, doused a woman with gasoline and then set her on fire, Tallahassee police said.
The Miami Herald refers to Mia as "she" and "her"

Perhaps the victim referred to Mia as "Sir"
Spoiler

The police report refers to Mia as "he" and "him".
He began pedaling
quickly away from me and proceeded east down West Pensacola Street. I re-entered my car and activated my
emergency lights and sirens and followed him as he pedaled down West Pensacola Street. I drove past
Williams near the intersection with White Drive. I exited my vehicle and commanded Williams to stop. He
pedaled past me.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

Re: I'll let Bob make the call on this one

#2 Post by jarnon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 pm

The only open question is whether she belongs in a men's or women's jail. With that face, she'll have a hard time in either one.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:29 pm

jarnon wrote:... she'll have a hard time in either one.
That's kind of the point.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:50 pm

jarnon wrote:The only open question is whether she belongs in a men's or women's jail. With that face, she'll have a hard time in either one.
She has a beard. It's going to be complicated.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:55 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:The only open question is whether she belongs in a men's or women's jail. With that face, she'll have a hard time in either one.
The apparent complete failure to adopt any of the social indicators that usually indicate female gender in our society suggests the possibility that the claimed self-identification is insincere. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The apparent complete failure to adopt any of the social indicators that usually indicate female gender in our society suggests the possibility that the claimed self-identification is insincere. --Bob
Now you're trying to put "what defines a gender" in a box, apparently your box. "What defines a gender" has already been around for thousands of years. Just like what defined a marriage. But you seem to think that you (I'm including the liberal woke warriors, not just Bob) get to redefine what those are by expanding the boundaries to include what YOU want (same sex/whatever sex) BUT exclude what YOU want (not polygamy/no beard).
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: She has a beard. It's going to be complicated.
Now you're trying to put "what defines a gender" in a box, apparently your box. "What defines a gender" has already been around for thousands of years. Just like what defined a marriage. But you seem to think that you (I'm including the liberal woke warriors, not just Bob) get to redefine what those are by expanding the boundaries to include what YOU want (same sex/whatever sex) BUT exclude what YOU want (not polygamy/no beard).
No, I'm making the common sense assertion that since the use of gender signifiers in grammar is a social, rather than biological, convention, as are the most common reasons to segregate genders, the failure to adopt any other common gender signifiers SUGGESTS THE POSSIBILITY that the statement in this case is insincere. This leaves open the possibility that the self-identification is sincere. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
What about bearded ladies in the circus?
Well, then