RIP Whiskey

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

RIP Whiskey

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Almost made it to his 10th birthday (some day this December). A Californian's life span is 7 to "as much" as 10 years.

If you don't remember who he was, click here.

He was fine Friday. He ate, drank, hopped about his cage. Then Saturday he didn't eat or drink. When I fed him, he attacked the food tray as he always did. I thought nothing of it. But later I noticed he had only eaten the treat bits. And later noticed the water level had not dropped. I took him outside and let him hop around the yard a bit. He seemed to be trying to eat grass. I brought him back inside and gave him a carrot. He nibbled a little but not much.

Sunday I gave him some apple slices. His favorite. Nope. He acted like he was trying. His head was tilting a little bit. Mrs. BiT suggested he may have had a stroke. We took him up to my daughter and son-in-laws for them to take him to the vet today. He was her rabbit and my son-in-law worked for the vet last year so we knew there would be little to no cost.

He was taken to the vet today. No problem with his teeth. No mites in the ears (typical reason for the head tilt). He was given some IV fluids. But he passed before he left the vet. He timed out. It was a good ride. Piper will miss him as much as we will. Whiskey would always stick his head out of the cage when you walked by so you would pet his head. It will be hard to walk by that spot without thinking of him.

There will be no replacement. He was a pity pet given to my daughter to help console her when she had to give up her 1st FFA animal. I was hesitant to let her have him in the first place. Had I known he'd live for 10 years and I would be taking care of him for 6 of those years I would have never said "OK". I'm glad I didn't know.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: RIP Whiskey

#2 Post by Vandal » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:32 am

Another furry friend crosses the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Whiskey.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 am

Sorry sorry sorry. What a good bunny.
Well, then

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:44 am

Beebs52 wrote:Sorry sorry sorry. What a good bunny.

A good bunny with a good life. Happy hopping over the Rainbow Bridge, Whisky
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

a1mamacat

#5 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 am

I spent several years as a volunteer with the SPCA, working in the small animal area. Bunnies are so funny and have such personalities.

Rest Well, Whiskey.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:23 am

Awww. Sad to see this BiT. But sure seems like he lived a good and pampered life. Not too many bunnies can say that.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:38 pm

RIP Whiskey Bunny.