DWTS season 28

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

DWTS season 28

#1 Post by jarnon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 am

The new cast of ABC's 'Dancing with the Stars' has been revealed.

Karamo Brown
The culture expert on the Netflix series 'Queer Eye' began his television career on MTV's 'Real World: Philadelphia.'

Hannah Brown
'The Bachelorette' and Miss Alabama 2018.

Lauren Alaina
The 'American Idol' runner-up has gone on to release chart-topping country hits and albums. She won the New Artist of the Year award at the 2012 American Country Awards.

Christie Brinkley
The supermodel is currently on Broadway and will be featured in the upcoming season premiere of 'The Goldbergs,' a tribute to the 1980s' classic film 'National Lampoon's Vacation.'

James Van Der Beek
The star of 'Dawson's Creek,' and father of five.

Ray Lewis
The former Baltimore Raven and two-time Super Bowl champion.

Kate Flannery
The actress made a name for herself as Meredith Palmer on 'The Office.' She also appeared on ABC's 'American Housewife.'

Ally Brooke
The Fifth Harmony singer is readying for the release of her upcoming solo album.

Lamar Odom
The two-time NBA Champion played on the Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, and Dallas Mavericks.

Kel Mitchell
The star of 'All That' and 'Kenan & Kel' will bring his comedy stylings to the DWTS audience.

Sean Spicer
The former White House Press Secretary.

Mary Wilson

The Supremes singer says she is looking to make her 11 grandchildren proud!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

kroxquo

Re: DWTS season 28

#2 Post by kroxquo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:02 am

Well I have actually heard of most of these people. That's a change. Will Melissa McCarthy come in and substitute for Sean Spicer if he makes it past the first round?
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 am

I hope Ray Lewis performs his first dance in a white suit. He'll kill in it!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

danielh41

#4 Post by danielh41 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 am

Lamar Odom was on the roster for the Mavericks, and he even went onto the court in some games. But I wouldn't say he actually played for the Mavs.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/dal ... nba-032515

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:34 am

danielh41 wrote:Lamar Odom was on the roster for the Mavericks, and he even went onto the court in some games. But I wouldn't say he actually played for the Mavs.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/dal ... nba-032515
GMA showed a photo of Lamar in a Dallas uniform. Since Mark Cuban was on DWTS and is now on another ABC show, I assume they consulted him about casting Lamar and identifying him as a former Maverick.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Really? Wgas. Just mo.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm

kroxquo wrote:Well I have actually heard of most of these people. That's a change. Will Melissa McCarthy come in and substitute for Sean Spicer if he makes it past the first round?
That would be great!

Although, against this lineup, I don't see any hope for him making it past the first round.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:09 pm

A shock in the season opener: Christie Brinkley was rehearsing on camera with partner Val when she slipped and fell, badly breaking her wrist. Her daughter Sailor Brinkley-Cook, also a model, took her place just three days before the premiere. (She danced much better than Master P in season 12).
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Ritterskoop

#9 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 pm

I don't watch but am rooting for Mary Wilson and Karamo Brown.

I read a conspiracy theorist who said the Brinkley injury/replacement was probably planned (it would reduce the exposure for Christie and increase the exposure for Sailor), but if it happened on camera (taped rehearsal) that seems less likely.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:30 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:Well I have actually heard of most of these people. That's a change. Will Melissa McCarthy come in and substitute for Sean Spicer if he makes it past the first round?
That would be great!

Although, against this lineup, I don't see any hope for him making it past the first round.
AARGH! I missed the show because I was watching Country Music, so I just now watched Sean's tango on YouTube. All he did was walk around the floor! A blind guy had more flair and vitality!

(I re-watched Pacino's tango on YouTube. OK, Pacino wasn't blind, and that was an academy award winning performance -- he probably coulda played Bigfoot and we woulda believed it . . .)

Still, all Sean did was walk around the floor. Any flair that there was, his partner provided. OK, he didn't go out the first week. I hope he goes out next week.

"No mistakes in the tango -- unlike life." Glad I re-watched it.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Vandal
Director of Promos

#11 Post by Vandal » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

And the winner is:
Spoiler
Hannah Brown
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster