RIP Arte Johnson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

RIP Arte Johnson

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Of Laugh-In fame, age 90.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

flockofseagulls104

Re: RIP Arte Johnson

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:23 pm

Vewwwwy Intewesting. But sad.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

SpacemanSpiff

#3 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:56 pm

^^ beat me to it.

I always liked his character of Tyrone F. Horneigh (the dirty old man who was always giving Ruth Buzzi the business on the park bench; his name was never said on the show because the censors didn't like how it was pronounced -- "horny.")
Last edited by SpacemanSpiff on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:09 pm

One of my favorites from the show. RIP.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:59 am

I may bear some responsibility for this. A couple of weeks ago I watched a show on Netflix saluting the 50th anniversary of Laugh-In. I knew of the Dead or Alive (copyright vandal) status of many cast members, but didn't know if Arte was still around or not. Googling his name, I saw that, indeed, he was still alive.

Unfortunately, I fear that my curiosity may have changed that.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#6 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:I may bear some responsibility for this. A couple of weeks ago I watched a show on Netflix saluting the 50th anniversary of Laugh-In. I knew of the Dead or Alive (copyright vandal) status of many cast members, but didn't know if Arte was still around or not. Googling his name, I saw that, indeed, he was still alive.

I had just reffed his "falling off the tricycle" gag in a blog post last Wednesday, so I'll take some blame for Tangredi cursing him as well...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:I may bear some responsibility for this. A couple of weeks ago I watched a show on Netflix saluting the 50th anniversary of Laugh-In. I knew of the Dead or Alive (copyright vandal) status of many cast members, but didn't know if Arte was still around or not. Googling his name, I saw that, indeed, he was still alive.

I had just reffed his "falling off the tricycle" gag in a blog post last Wednesday, so I'll take some blame for Tangredi cursing him as well...
I read that that's exactly how he died. You deserve ALL the blame...

RIP, Arte!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:58 pm

Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

I read that that's exactly how he died. You deserve ALL the blame...

RIP, Arte!

Well, 90 year olds should not be riding tricycles... or anything other than Mecca scooters.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:10 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:^^ beat me to it.

I always liked his character of Tyrone F. Horneigh (the dirty old man who was always giving Ruth Buzzi the business on the park bench; his name was never said on the show because the censors didn't like how it was pronounced -- "horny.")
"Anyone want a walnetto?"
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."