The Harvey List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: The Harvey List

#551 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Credible assumes proven. Heard the term "target" or "deep pockets" before, mr lawyer? I will lose my metoo card but E Jean is a nutball. Listen to her or read what she's written. Uh huh. Did you see Cooper's interview?
I heard snippets. I believe she may have seen a news story about this young handsome billionaire real estate tycoon and simply had a fantasy that 50 years later at her current age seems real.
And yet you all (excluding sss) seem to believe Juanita Broadderick, who denied under oath the account she later pushed. --Bob
https://time.com/5612872/george-conway- ... oll-trump/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#552 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:37 pm

BackInTex wrote: I heard snippets. I believe she may have seen a news story about this young handsome billionaire real estate tycoon and simply had a fantasy that 50 years later at her current age seems real.
That statement pretty much sums up the problems women face in accusing men of rape or sexual assault and why men can get away with it for decades.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#553 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 pm

BackInTex wrote: I heard snippets. I believe she may have seen a news story about this young handsome billionaire real estate tycoon and simply had a fantasy that 50 years later at her current age seems real.
You do realize that there are pictures of the two of them talking to each other. His denial that he's ever met her is demonstrably false.

The surest "tell" that he doesn't mean his denial is that he hasn't (and won't) sue her for defamation.

And in any sane world, it would be horrifying for his first line of defense to be something to the effect that "she wasn't his type." Because that suggests that rape would have been an option on the table for women who are his "type." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#554 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
You do realize that there are pictures of the two of them talking to each other. His denial that he's ever met her is demonstrably false.

The surest "tell" that he doesn't mean his denial is that he hasn't (and won't) sue her for defamation.

And in any sane world, it would be horrifying for his first line of defense to be something to the effect that "she wasn't his type." Because that suggests that rape would have been an option on the table for women who are his "type." --Bob
There is a pic of her hub and her to the side. No discussion.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#555 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#556 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You do realize that there are pictures of the two of them talking to each other. His denial that he's ever met her is demonstrably false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/photo ... p-accuser/
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#557 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 am

So, your defense of Trump is that there are actually pictures circulating of Trump with two different women (out of 20 or so total) who have accused Trump of sexually assaulting them.

Got it.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#558 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
So, your defense of Trump is that there are actually pictures circulating of Trump with two different women (out of 20 or so total) who have accused Trump of sexually assaulting them.

Got it.
Boy, u r tu smart. Actually it was to show why some pictures should be vetted before using them. U shur got me.
Well, then

tlynn78

#559 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:35 am

Beebs52 wrote:

Got it.
Boy, u r tu smart. Actually it was to show why some pictures should be vetted before using them. U shur got me.
Jebus, they are abysmally pathetic, no?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#560 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:37 am

I'm sure if someone brought up my name to him, Ben Carson would say "I've never met him." He'd be wrong, but I don't think anyone would say he was lying.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#561 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 pm

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#562 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 am

Ms. Carroll discussed the attack contemporaneously with two women. One urged her to report it to the police. The other told her that Donny was too powerful to take on. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#563 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:14 am

Bob78164 wrote:Ms. Carroll discussed the attack contemporaneously with two women. One urged her to report it to the police. The other told her that Donny was too powerful to take on. --Bob
I concluded that Ms. Carroll has been pretextual.

And I will not click on your blind link, which would let you choose how I can use my limited access to the New York Times. You've been asked repeatedly to stop doing that.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

silverscreenselect

#564 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Ms. Carroll discussed the attack contemporaneously with two women. One urged her to report it to the police. The other told her that Donny was too powerful to take on. --Bob

And I will not click on your blind link, which would let you choose how I can use my limited access to the New York Times. You've been asked repeatedly to stop doing that.
Well, here's a link you can read. One of the women was Lisa Birnbach, author of The Official Preppy Handbook, who advised Carroll to report it to the police at the time.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... daily.html

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#565 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 am

silvercamaro wrote:

I don't recall ever being asked to stop doing that. And based on what you've written right here, I'm pretty sure that you've figured out how to hover over a link to ascertain where the link would send you. --Bob

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#566 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:05 am

silvercamaro wrote:

Well, here's a link you can read. One of the women was Lisa Birnbach, author of The Official Preppy Handbook, who advised Carroll to report it to the police at the time.

Thank you, SSS. I've already read what her friends said. I just won't click on any of Bob's blind links. If any of my friends came to me with a story like E. Jean's, I would tell her to go to the police, too, whether I believed her or not. My opinion is based primarily on Ms. Carroll's original account in New York Magazine, which seemed crafted to get attention for an over-the-hill woman who once apparently was attractive.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#567 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:57 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:

Thank you, SSS. I've already read what her friends said. I just won't click on any of Bob's blind links. If any of my friends came to me with a story like E. Jean's, I would tell her to go to the police, too, whether I believed her or not. My opinion is based primarily on Ms. Carroll's original account in New York Magazine, which seemed crafted to get attention for an over-the-hill woman who once apparently was attractive.
With a book...
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#568 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 pm

It gets better. Vanity Fair
harassing Roger Ailes while you had a show on his cable channel America’s Talking. He is also on your list of hideous men, but was once a friend.

Oh, I did it. Every day I had a chance. I call him the pearl of his sex. Right on the air. I roll up my trouser legs. I would wait for the camera to come over. Then I would slowly pull up the right and then the left trouser leg. It would say Roger Ailes. I would say, “He’s my future husband.” It never stopped. I’d ask him to twirl for me. I adored him.
Well, then

jarnon

#569 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:34 pm

NY Times wrote:A #MeToo Episode From 1969 Casts a Long Shadow for a Folk Legend

Peter Yarrow, of Peter, Paul and Mary fame, has been canceled from appearing at an arts festival.

Over the past five decades, Peter Yarrow, the singer and songwriter known for being the Peter in the folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary, has earned multiple accolades and honors.

He sang at the former Senator John Kerry’s wedding and at inaugural events for President Bill Clinton. He collected lifetime achievement awards. He lent his voice and name to various causes, strumming his guitar for the crowd at Occupy Wall Street.

But Mr. Yarrow will not be making a planned appearance at a free, outdoor arts festival in the small town of Norwich, N.Y., because of a backlash stirred up over a decades-old crime.

In the era of the #MeToo movement, offenses that had been actively hidden away or, in some cases, faded from memory after decades have burst forward and ignited fresh outrage. Performances have been canceled. People have been “canceled.” And this week, Mr. Yarrow, 81, emerged as the latest case.

Last month, organizers of the Colorscape Chenango Arts Festival billed Mr. Yarrow as one of “America’s longtime favorite musicians and performers” as they announced his performance. Then, this week, they announced that his performance, which was scheduled for September, had been canceled.

The furor was over an episode involving two teenage sisters, one 14 and the other 17, visiting his hotel room in 1969 to seek an autograph. Mr. Yarrow answered the door naked.

Mr. Yarrow was charged with taking indecent liberties with a minor, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three months in jail. President Jimmy Carter pardoned him in 1981.

“Some members of our community expressed concern, and after further investigation and careful consideration,” Melissa DeCordova, the president of the festival’s board, said in a statement on Tuesday, “the decision was made to remove Yarrow from the music schedule.”

The cancellation was reported by The Binghamton Press and Sun-Bulletin.

The festival takes place on the weekend after Labor Day every year in Norwich, a town of just over 7,000 people about 180 miles northwest of New York City. The event typically draws some 10,000 people with live performances and displays of arts and crafts.

In an emailed statement, Mr. Yarrow said he did not believe the organizers’ choice was “unfair or unjust.”

“I fully support the current movements demanding equal rights for all and refusing to allow continued abuse and injury — most particularly of a sexual nature, of which I am, with great sorrow, guilty,” he said. “I do not seek to minimize or excuse what I have done and I cannot adequately express my apologies and sorrow for the pain and injury I have caused in this regard.”

He continued: “However, beyond any of my words and feelings expressed, I will walk the walk, do all I can to make amends, and dedicate myself to helping bring more justice and peace to the world.”

This was not the first time that Mr. Yarrow’s arrest has affected his career. He acknowledged that other performances have been canceled because of what he described as “my most reprehensible and deeply regretted sexual offense.” The incident has been invoked by the opponents of politicians he has campaigned for. Parents protested and students refused to perform when his high school, LaGuardia High School in Manhattan, planned to add him to its Hall of Fame. The kerfuffle drew a round of coverage from the city’s tabloids (The New York Post called him “the guest of dishonor”).

Mr. Yarrow has expressed contrition over the episode with the girls, sharing his regret in interviews and public statements over the years. “It was an era of real indiscretion and mistakes by categorically male performers,” he once said. “I was one of them. I got nailed. I was wrong. I’m sorry for it.”

The festival announced its decision to cancel Mr. Yarrow’s performance with a post on its Facebook page. “For some in the community,” the event’s organizers wrote, “the nature of the incident was especially problematic.”

Some praised their choice, but it also brought about another wave of blowback.

“This is an absurd decision,” one person said in a comment on the post. “His contributions to society have far outweighed a 49-year-old indiscretion.”

Another added, “Norwich is being robbed of having a cultural treasure in our town.”
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#570 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 pm

jarnon wrote:
NY Times wrote:Mr. Yarrow was charged with taking indecent liberties with a minor, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three months in jail. President Jimmy Carter pardoned him in 1981.
That was a federal crime? I thought Presidents could pardon only federal crimes?

jarnon

#571 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#572 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#573 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:40 pm

About bloody time! I hope he flips on trump.

BackInTex

#574 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
LOL. Clinton was his biggest buddy.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#575 Post by earendel » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
LOL. Clinton was his biggest buddy.
I wouldn't say that - there's a tweet from 2002 talking about Epstein and how he likes "beautiful women...on the younger side."

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."